Controversy goes National

I always find it interesting when someone's assumptions align with his or her wishes.

Likewise.

NO....DOUBT.

Carlfense how much longer are you gonna keep pumping this broken story.

Somehow a blog that no one will even remember in 3 days is better support than the recruit's father?

I'm sorry your faith has been shaken....but I'm not sure most of it was real anyways.

Yeah. Let's ignore the words of the recruit himself . . . before he stopped to think about the consequences of his words.

What exactly do you think my wishes are? You seem to be implying something. Are you saying that I wish for these recruits to be wronged? Why? To what gain? Doesn't it seem more likely that people WISH that Pelini didn't make a mistake here, that Pelini didn't do something that would make us question his integrity? Those rose colored glasses can do strange things, can't they?

If it offends you that I have higher standards than yourself, I apologize.

He's bringing it on himself, which I hate to see, because I don't want our HC to be scrutinized publicly like that.

And instead of taking steps to make it better, it has continued down that path. Bo has to do something about his reputation because it isn't a good representation of him, and he certainly can do something about it.

We saw significant improvement in the PR department over the 2009-2010 off-season. It wasn't until the Sean Fisher/Will Compton deal and the media lock-out that Bo began to contain every bit of information coming in and out of his program.

I genuinely believe that Bo is holding a grudge here which is typical of Bo.

Niles even said recently on 1620 (USC) that they were all set to run the Holiday Bowl offense this season until the end of fall camp, when the coaches (he didn't specify Bo or Wats) suddenly changed it to suit Taylor. It was obvious that Niles was pissed about this and how it affected him and the other WRs.

I'm not going to miss this guy and his "It's all about me" attitude.

Nebraska's Unsettling Behavior

How long had Pelini been aware that Sanders wasnt going to return in 2011? It wasnt a new development, to say the least: Pelini knew this would be the case, as did Sanders, when each was recruiting players late during the most recent recruiting cycle. One such recruit, Charles Jackson, was perturbed to hear after he had signed with the Cornhuskers that the coach he believed would lead him through the paces come the fall was no longer a member of the Nebraska coaching staff.

Article loses a lot of cred right there, Both Charles and his dad have stated that the media was grabbing at straws and they reported it wrong. They both have stated they knew that Marvin was gone before he signed.

So whats the next non issue?

Sorry. This is not true.

Charles Jackson did not know that Sanders was gone until after he signed his LOI. It's like a "we've always been at war with Oceania" scene in here.

So your calling his Dad a liar? How can I be wrong if those are the exact words that came out of his mouth in his interview he did on the radio? Your going by what the media says, that is the exact reason he did the interview, so everybody would know that the media was wrong in the way they worded things.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but they knew.

How long had Pelini been aware that Sanders wasn’t going to return in 2011? It wasn’t a new development, to say the least: Pelini knew this would be the case, as did Sanders, when each was recruiting players late during the most recent recruiting cycle. One such recruit, Charles Jackson, was perturbed to hear — after he had signed with the Cornhuskers – that the coach he believed would lead him through the paces come the fall was no longer a member of the Nebraska coaching staff.

Article loses a lot of cred right there, Both Charles and his dad have stated that the media was grabbing at straws and they reported it wrong. They both have stated they knew that Marvin was gone before he signed.

Sorry. This is not true.

Charles Jackson did not know that Sanders was gone until after he signed his LOI. It's like a "we've always been at war with Oceania" scene in here.

So your calling his Dad a liar? How can I be wrong if those are the exact words that came out of his mouth in his interview he did on the radio? Your going by what the media says, that is the exact reason he did the interview, so everybody would know that the media was wrong in the way they worded things.

If his dad said that Charles knew Marvin was gone before he signed, he is a liar. That or Charles lied. Take your pick.

Charles Jackson's own words:

“I think they should've told me before I signed,” Jackson said. “I didn't have any idea. They broke the guy code.”

Like it's been said Jamal Turner knew the change was coming for awhile now. So I'm sure that none of the recruits were really blindsided and hell seeing how Watson was going after every coaching gig from December through the 2nd week of January how can anyone not figure 2 + 2 = Watson on the way out.

How long had Pelini been aware that Sanders wasn’t going to return in 2011? It wasn’t a new development, to say the least: Pelini knew this would be the case, as did Sanders, when each was recruiting players late during the most recent recruiting cycle. One such recruit, Charles Jackson, was perturbed to hear — after he had signed with the Cornhuskers – that the coach he believed would lead him through the paces come the fall was no longer a member of the Nebraska coaching staff.

Sorry. This is not true.

If his dad said that Charles knew Marvin was gone before he signed, he is a liar. That or Charles lied. Take your pick.

“I think they should've told me before I signed,” Jackson said. “I didn't have any idea. They broke the guy code.”

I know what the media wrote, we have been through that. Have you even heard the interview his dad did? Because I'm thinking you haven't.

Charles Jackson did not know that Sanders was gone before he signed, and his dad never said he knew. Jackson found out via a Facebook post from a friend. He then gave the "guy code" quote, which showed he wasn't happy how it went down. "Not happy" can encompass a range of emotions between one degree past surprised to homicidal road rage. Personally, I'm guessing he was a lot closer to one degree past surprised.

Presumably, the family had time to talk it over, and Dad Jackson gave an interview in which he stated that all was fine, the OWH misrepresented the level of "not happy" CJ evinced, and everything was fine. The biggest quote was probably that CJ would have signed here no matter what.

That's about as dispassionately as I can describe this. All else is, I think, reading into it.

The reason I've said this wasn't an ideal situation is that the "reading into it" will be done by opposing coaches in upcoming recruiting battles, and the fruits of this situation won't be seen until later. We can't discount it as nothing, but we shouldn't lose sleep over it tonight.

Crappy things like this happen more often than not, but it's how one handles things that show me the character of an individual. It's ok to be mad, but to cry and moan in the public eye, shows that you might be more of an attention whore, than a person of character.

CJ, should have contacted Bo, instead of going the TMZ route and bringing up the "guy code". Someone should inform CJ that "guy code" also means not putting your business out in the street like an 8th grade girl, but talking the person you have an issue with man to man.

Could have this been handled better?? No sh*t sherlock, of course it could have been handled better. I think this guy should be paying our board residuals, because essentially it's everything that has been discussed for over a week now.

CJ was contacted by Dirk and just answered his questions. It was being naive about the impact of anything he was saying, and not going airing out his displeasure, which was what I first thought it was.

But if it had been that, not sure I could have blamed him either.

At any rate, CJ's side is good with Bo now and his father's PR management indicates that.

CJ was contacted by Dirk and just answered his questions. It was being naive about the impact of anything he was saying, and not going airing out his displeasure, which was what I first thought it was.

But if it had been that, not sure I could have blamed him either.

At any rate, CJ's side is good with Bo now and his father's PR management indicates that.

Well, CJ's fathers PR reps should have done their due dilligence, and informed the kid that the media is a double edged sword...

Sorry. This is not true.

I know what the media wrote, we have been through that. Have you even heard the interview his dad did? Because I'm thinking you haven't.

That dang media, inventing quotes out of thin air!

Those tin foil hats work wonders, don't they?

Charles Jackson did not know that Sanders was gone before he signed, and his dad never said he knew. Jackson found out via a Facebook post from a friend. He then gave the "guy code" quote, which showed he wasn't happy how it went down. "Not happy" can encompass a range of emotions between one degree past surprised to homicidal road rage. Personally, I'm guessing he was a lot closer to one degree past surprised.

Presumably, the family had time to talk it over, and Dad Jackson gave an interview in which he stated that all was fine, the OWH misrepresented the level of "not happy" CJ evinced, and everything was fine. The biggest quote was probably that CJ would have signed here no matter what.

That's about as dispassionately as I can describe this. All else is, I think, reading into it.

The reason I've said this wasn't an ideal situation is that the "reading into it" will be done by opposing coaches in upcoming recruiting battles, and the fruits of this situation won't be seen until later. We can't discount it as nothing, but we shouldn't lose sleep over it tonight.

Probably the best summary of this whole discussion.

Thanks knapplc.