The Mystery Coach Revealed!

Speculation can end now. The new Mystery coach being added to the staff is....the aquarium guy. It was the logical choice.

1)He's had his thumb on the true pulse of Husker football for over 15yrs. Nothing escapes him, no matter how trivial.

2)Bo already trusts him. After all...fish are family.

3)He has a deeper knowledge and understanding of the vital importance proper pH plays in the circle of life.

:nanalama

So Shatel wrote saying that pelini has his staff according to sources. so Garrison one of them who is the other

SO i got a question why are they waitin till next week to announce it

Oh the horrors of what the new age of technology, with texting and tweeting has done to the english language. Nobody knows how to use correct grammar and punctuation anymore.

You're absolutely right. You might want to stick a comma after "tweeting" and capitalize "english."

• Fire 1

I hope this is all old news. This is what I have. Beck O.C./qb coach. Garrison I think they said assistant offensive line coach?? ron brown te/wr coach and Possibly Albin for rb coach. Again have no idea who most of these guys are. So my Phillips thing fell through. Sorry on that.

with all the :sarcasm getting thrown around, I'm kinda surprised Tom Rathman and Gene Huey haven't been mentioned yet.

Rathman just re-upped with the new 49er staff.

what about Makovicka (iirc he was a grad assistant with Virginia a few years back).

maybe i should put another one of these up :sarcasm just in case.

though Gene was just let go by he Colts and I don't know what he's up to for 2011

So Shatel wrote saying that pelini has his staff according to sources. so Garrison one of them who is the other

SO i got a question why are they waitin till next week to announce it

Oh the horrors of what the new age of technology, with texting and tweeting has done to the english language. Nobody knows how to use correct grammar and punctuation anymore.

You're absolutely right. You might want to stick a comma after "tweeting" and capitalize "english."

Never said I was the one to teach everyone, but at least I try.

Not sure how Bo could convince Burns to come here. I believe he is an Associate HC at Alabama, that spot is already taken at NU.

Recruiting director is open though

Would be taking a step back though, IMO. Associate HC at Bama or recruiting coordinator at Nebraska?

Sounds like this might land in JP's lap. I'm not sure I agree with it, but that was the last I heard. I think its a mistake to take one of your two best recruiters and give them something that keeps them off the road part of the time. Beck will have more responsibility as well and he' our other lock down guy. I hope the other guys can really step up.

Not sure how Bo could convince Burns to come here. I believe he is an Associate HC at Alabama, that spot is already taken at NU.

Would be taking a step back though, IMO. Associate HC at Bama or recruiting coordinator at Nebraska?

Sounds like this might land in JP's lap. I'm not sure I agree with it, but that was the last I heard. I think its a mistake to take one of your two best recruiters and give them something that keeps them off the road part of the time. Beck will have more responsibility as well and he' our other lock down guy. I hope the other guys can really step up.

I have heard Raymond will be hell of a recruiter for us, but I'm not so sure on Els or how much responsibility he will have out on the trail.

In the world of the laptop and smartphone how will it keep them off the road?

When it comes to in-home visits JP is the man, and we ant to keep a closer like that on the road.

Why do we assume that this will keep JP off the road so much? Jamrog and his staff handles most of the logistics around officials, etc. If JP is more involved as a host when they are in town all the better IMO. They work as a team on identifying targets, but rather than having his hand in the recruitment of 6-10 players each year, he'll be working (at least in part) with all 50-60 targets. He'll organize priorities like which recruit needs their hand held, but that's not major. It also might allow him to work with some of our other coaches which means they'd learn a thing or two about how he's become such a solid recruiter.

I just don't see the title coming with the "secretary" type demands so many others see it having. That's why we have a support staff of 30+

ummmm. . .because part of the job requires him to do a certain amount of things on campus when in the past he could have been in a house during those hours. Its not going to eliminate his road recruiting. . but he will have campus responsibilities as well and since there are only so many hours a guy can dedicated to recruiting now a portion of those hours will be divided between visits away from campus and duties on campus. I'm sorry but you can't do everything the RC does from a laptop and phone just because of logistics and limitations while on the road. Try making those 15 phone calls while at 30,000 feet. . doesn't always work so good.

Sounds like Richard Fisher might be coming in some capacity. Who knows if it is for the RB postition, or as a GA??

Link

EDIT: Being rumored on Unsportsmanlike Conduct.

If so, these are quite the underwhelming movements and new additions to the staff. Hopefully Bo is that much smarter than everyone else.

Edited by 74Hunter