The Mystery Coach Revealed!

Does Bo have a connection to Colman? He does with Fisher....

Other than Tariq Allen what is this connection that I am missing or overlooking?

On thing Els can bring to the table is someone who can match Bo's attitude, the guy can be a straight ahole as well, so I like that just not Ross. He did find Marc Boerigter(SP?) of KC Chiefs fame.

Still say Coleman was the miss. aspeedlin is right about him. Well known and respected in the Jersey area. But oh well. That is why we sit on computers and Bo Knows Football(yes my first Bo Jackson reference ever since the hire, I seriously want to +1 myself for waiting so long)

Bo has been friends with Fisher for around a decade, knew him from when Bo coached in New England through a mutual friend. He interviewed for a spot back in 2003 with Frank, guessing that was at Bo's request.

Not that it may matter much, but apparently the high school he coached at hadn't had a season that they won more than 5 games in 30 years, they went undefeated this past year.

We'll have a very young offensive staff, especially on the offensive side. On paper, this looks like a coaching staff of a MAC team, not a Big Ten team dry.gif

If I'm not mistaken, even with the addition of Fisher we are still down one coach, right? If Beck is the new OC and QB coach, who will be the RB coach? Garrison is just an extra coach I would think.

Fisher is the RB's coach, Brown covers TE\WR, Cotton and Garrison cover linemen (I think it may go Cotton for exterior line and Garrison for interior line) and Beck has OC\QB.

On D you have Papuchis for DE's & ST, Els at LB, Raymond for DB's, Carl for DC\D-Line

The interesting thing is who will be the Recruiting Coordinator?

I would guess Els or Brown at this point, but probably Brown.

• Fire 1

Bo has been friends with Fisher for around a decade, knew him from when Bo coached in New England through a mutual friend. He interviewed for a spot back in 2003 with Frank, guessing that was at Bo's request.

Not that it may matter much, but apparently the high school he coached at hadn't had a season that they won more than 5 games in 30 years, they went undefeated this past year.

We'll have a very young offensive staff, especially on the offensive side. On paper, this looks like a coaching staff of a MAC team, not a Big Ten team dry.gif

So Bo hired his golf swing coach? :sarcasm

We'll have a very young offensive staff, especially on the offensive side. On paper, this looks like a coaching staff of a MAC team, not a Big Ten team

Would people have said differently about Tom Osborne's old staff? That staff was unique because of continuity, not because it was a cast of superstars. Gill was the only one considered a rising star, and McBride, while respected, did not have near the reputation of the Pelini brothers as a defensive mastermind.

I'm personally just happy to see the last couple of ties to the Callahan era severed. Bo's got his guys now, let's see what they can do.

We'll have a very young offensive staff, especially on the offensive side. On paper, this looks like a coaching staff of a MAC team, not a Big Ten team

Would people have said differently about Tom Osborne's old staff? That staff was unique because of continuity, not because it was a cast of superstars. Gill was the only one considered a rising star, and McBride, while respected, did not have near the reputation of the Pelini brothers as a defensive mastermind.

I'm personally just happy to see the last couple of ties to the Callahan era severed. Bo's got his guys now, let's see what they can do.

Agreed, but you understimate the staff that Osborne had, our offensive coaching staff passed over many opportunities over the years to move on to bigger positions but were content to stay home so to speak.

And a final note, best of luck to Shawn Watson. It's unfortunate that it didn't work out for him at Nebraska, I know he worked hard and did his best to put a successful offense on the field. If he does land an NFL job, it seems like a great fit for his skill sets and experience.

Based on what we have heard about the coaching staff, as far as strong sources and so on, is it safe to speculate this will be the staff???

HC: Bo Pelini

OC/QB: Tim Beck

DC/DL: Carl Pelini

RB: Richard Fisher

WR/TE/RC: Ron Brown

AHC/OL: Barney Cotton

OL: Jon Garrison

DE/ST: John Papuchis (maybe DL Coach???)

LB: Ross Els

DB: Corey Raymond

GA: Ross Watsn

GA: Curt Baldus

Beck, Papuchis, and Raymond being the top recruiters, I guess??? Any thoughts?

All this has got me wondering about the future of the Oregon spread, at Nebraska.

Jon Garrison, supposedly a power guy, to coach the OL along with Barney. Not sure I see any Milt/Dan parallels here. Sounds like two poer / run-blocking guys, one coaching interior OL and one coaching exterior, as jliehr said. And Dan was here as an intern anyway last year. The doubling up on this is puzzling to me. So is their OL style, unless that's off the mark.

And then there's Rich Fisher, who apparently ran the WCO at Rivers.

I wonder if change is again in the air, for our offense. And if not, I wonder if it shouldn't be. The whole spiel about last year's staff being a mismatched bunch not fit to run what they tried to...does not seem to have been addressed. Maybe it's a clue.

All this has got me wondering about the future of the Oregon spread, at Nebraska.

Jon Garrison, supposedly a power guy, to coach the OL along with Barney. Not sure I see any Milt/Dan parallels here. Sounds like two poer / run-blocking guys, one coaching interior OL and one coaching exterior, as jliehr said. And Dan was here as an intern anyway last year. The doubling up on this is puzzling to me. So is their OL style, unless that's off the mark.

I wonder if change is again in the air, for our offense. And if not, I wonder if it shouldn't be. The whole spiel about last year's staff being a mismatched bunch not fit to run what they tried to...does not seem to have been addressed. Maybe it's a clue.

If you're implying that we won't be running the spread, then why get rid of Watson at all?

If he's coaching a position, fundamentals and execution wouldn't change from WCO to spread. Responsibilities should be an easy study, especially from a coach with that kind of potential.

Agreed, but you understimate the staff that Osborne had, our offensive coaching staff passed over many opportunities over the years to move on to bigger positions but were content to stay home so to speak.

And a final note, best of luck to Shawn Watson. It's unfortunate that it didn't work out for him at Nebraska, I know he worked hard and did his best to put a successful offense on the field. If he does land an NFL job, it seems like a great fit for his skill sets and experience.

Agreed. No hard feelings towards Wats, just wasn't a good fit.