Who's really our BEST Quarterback?

NEBRASKA's BEST QB  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just want a QB who has heart. Who isn't afraid of getting in guys faces and getting in that huddle and taking command, letting the other guys know they're about to go the length of the field and score. I will just say that if I continually see shots of Taylor Martinez all by himself on the sideline again this year and our offense isn't doing so hot and I'm not talking against the creampuffs on our schedule then just yank him. I want a leader behind center not some guy who just goes off by himself and doesn't talk to his teammates about the last play or the next play coming up. That much I do know.

:restore

I've rewatched the entire season the last couple weeks. The only time Taylor was shown sitting by himself alone, was when he was hurt, or not playing in that game. As for getting in people's faces, someone posted in another thread that Taylor did just that, and some older players got butthurt about it. So...

I saw all of the games last year as well and the older players getting upset about T-Mart being a 'vocal leader' bit sounds like hogwash in my opinion. Pretty sure by and large the upperclassman were and are a lot wiser than that. Even the announcers noticed his aloofness.

In what game? Because they didn't do it in any of the games I have watched.

I just wonder how many top 20 programs would jump through hoops to have him setting on their side of the field. My guess about 85% of them.

I'd guess about 95%.

Not NU fans though. Haters gotta hate.

Im guessing about 30% because of his lack passin ability. Not every single program wants a Taylor type of guy, especially at QB. If Taylor was at any other school, he would be a DB, WR, or something similar.

We have an Athlete that is playing QB. Not a QB that is an athlete, big difference.

I just wonder how many top 20 programs would jump through hoops to have him setting on their side of the field. My guess about 85% of them.

I'd guess about 95%.

Not if they watched Texas, SDSU, and Iowa St. through Washington 2.0.

Again, bshirt, you act like Husker fans want to find a reason to hate an otherwise praise-worthy kid. It ain't so. We're all on the same side. But there is ample grounds for legitimate criticism of Martinez. Ample grounds. In fact, there is at least as much reason to fear Martinez starting as there is to be excited about it.

I'd guess about 95%.

Im guessing about 30% because of his lack passin ability. Not every single program wants a Taylor type of guy, especially at QB. If Taylor was at any other school, he would be a DB, WR, or something similar.

We have an Athlete that is playing QB. Not a QB that is an athlete, big difference.

Because "you" say so?

I'd guess about 95%.

Because "you" say so?

Yea because 'I' say so. You must be out of your mind of think 95% percent of todays college programs want Taylor as a QB. I bet he would fit real well in over at USC, Arizona, Cal or even Mizzou. He would probably wouldnt even see the field as QB at those schools. He would even touch the field at Bama, Florida, or Georgia.

I stick with the 85%. Lets go back to the time prior to injury. And even take the Texas game where he repeatedly hit our recievers in the hands and chest, where they dropped the ball. Texas was not on Taylor, but yet he gets blamed for it over and over.

Locker in the second Washington game ran through our great defense like it was not there.

SDSU, I think was a case of overlooking the competition and again they ran through our defense, any dedicated run team hurt us, only because of Taylor did they stop trying to run the ball as they got behind too quickly, see Washington the first game.

I am not trying to sell Martinez to anyone, if he is best he starts, but there does seem to be a dislike for the kid. I say he was a freshman, will grow some if given the opportunity. I think the coaching staff feels he is the starter, and we just gave that boy a huge pay raise on results. I think Bo thinks Taylor is his best shot to make a lot of money. He did last year for sure.

I just want the best out there. And I do not feel that I or anyone on this board is qualified to say whether he is the best QB or not. Only the staff, who sees every play, every practice, every meeting, every minute has the ability to do that. I will stand with what ever Bo decides. Again if you question Martinez you are in fact questioning the Head Coach who all love.

I'd guess about 95%.

Because "you" say so?

Yea because 'I' say so. You must be out of your mind of think 95% percent of todays college programs want Taylor as a QB. I bet he would fit real well in over at USC, Arizona, Cal or even Mizzou. He would probably wouldnt even see the field as QB at those schools. He would even touch the field at Bama, Florida, or Georgia.

Then again, Bama and Florida could recruit far "better" prospects (I say better because of the stars associated to the recruit), so of course Taylor wouldn't start at QB at those schools. And Georgia and Bama definitely do NOT require their quarterbacks to be as mobile as Martinez, so that's kind of a 'well-duh' statement anyways. Several of those schools you mentioned aren't very good examples because several of those schools use pocket passer quarterbacks. Similarly, we wouldn't want Barkley from USC at our school because he doesn't fit what we do.

I can think of several schools that would want a Martinez like player regardless of his poor passing mechanics.

There have been several quarterbacks to come through this university that would NOT have started at QB at other schools in the nation, and I'm sure you could name them just as well as I could.

I think the 95 percent is a drastic over-compensation, but you're doing Martinez an injustice if people don't think other schools would love to have a quarterback like him.

• Fire 1