Who's really our BEST Quarterback?

NEBRASKA's BEST QB  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Let's presume this is true. Do you really think he'll "miss time" this summer? Or don't you think it's more likely he'd fit it in around his regular schedule? They do take time off from drills during the summer.

Forgot this one. I don't know. The poster(s) seemed to suggest that he wouldn't be around for the summer, but noted it was for different reasons than Marlon Lucky not being around for one of his summers. I don't know what the specifics are, but again, I think Taylor missing time to dedicate it to honing his craft in California is really great news for him, and the team. JMO, don't see a big negative there. Not sure how the summer is structured, though.

Either they misrepresented this, or it just wasn't written clearly, or something. Taylor is not going to "miss the summer" here in Lincoln. He'll go to Cali to see his family during breaks, and he may see a QB expert while he's there, but he'll be here for summer workouts.

I don't recall Lucky missing a summer of workouts. Was that during his "injury" time?

I believe the Taylor going home for summer started in his Randy York interview when he stated his dad had always trained him and how the treadmill work he did with his dad improved his speed and first steps. He said he was going home this summer to train. There wasn't a lot more to it. It blew up from there with all kinds of rumors. I know it concerned me when I read it because there wasn't any explanation if it was all of summer, a few weeks, or just what he was talking about. My concern was if he was away for informal workouts if it would diminish his leadership abilities. But I've heard nothing more about it from guys in the program and I haven't asked either.

I just want a QB who has heart. Who isn't afraid of getting in guys faces and getting in that huddle and taking command, letting the other guys know they're about to go the length of the field and score. I will just say that if I continually see shots of Taylor Martinez all by himself on the sideline again this year and our offense isn't doing so hot and I'm not talking against the creampuffs on our schedule then just yank him. I want a leader behind center not some guy who just goes off by himself and doesn't talk to his teammates about the last play or the next play coming up. That much I do know.

:restore

I've rewatched the entire season the last couple weeks. The only time Taylor was shown sitting by himself alone, was when he was hurt, or not playing in that game. As for getting in people's faces, someone posted in another thread that Taylor did just that, and some older players got butthurt about it. So...

I saw all of the games last year as well and the older players getting upset about T-Mart being a 'vocal leader' bit sounds like hogwash in my opinion. Pretty sure by and large the upperclassman were and are a lot wiser than that. Even the announcers noticed his aloofness.

I just want a QB who has heart. Who isn't afraid of getting in guys faces and getting in that huddle and taking command, letting the other guys know they're about to go the length of the field and score. I will just say that if I continually see shots of Taylor Martinez all by himself on the sideline again this year and our offense isn't doing so hot and I'm not talking against the creampuffs on our schedule then just yank him. I want a leader behind center not some guy who just goes off by himself and doesn't talk to his teammates about the last play or the next play coming up. That much I do know.

I've rewatched the entire season the last couple weeks. The only time Taylor was shown sitting by himself alone, was when he was hurt, or not playing in that game. As for getting in people's faces, someone posted in another thread that Taylor did just that, and some older players got butthurt about it. So...

So if you don't get to play or if you're too hurt to play, you are suppoused to pout about the situation by yourself? Definitely saw him standing by himself, not talking to anyone numerous times during the season. Definitely have seen him act like a jerk during interviews (not socially awkward, not nervous, just like a jerk). I don't like his apparent attitude and I don't think he is that cool of a guy.

That being said, I would like for him to perform well. I would like for him to heal up. I would not like for him to get hurt again. I would like for him to develop as a player and leader (I'm not buying the whole "I was a leader last year, just because you guys (the media) said I wasn't...I was" deal). I would like for him to prove my observations about him to be incorrect.

The point is, it is possible to not like someone, but still hope they perform well/not wish ill will on them. You can still be a fan of the team without being a fan of every individual player's apparent personality traits. I doubt TM really cares what I think about him anyways.

So if you don't get to play or if you're too hurt to play, you are suppoused to pout about the situation by yourself? Definitely saw him standing by himself, not talking to anyone numerous times during the season. Definitely have seen him act like a jerk during interviews (not socially awkward, not nervous, just like a jerk). I don't like his apparent attitude and I don't think he is that cool of a guy.

That being said, I would like for him to perform well. I would like for him to heal up. I would not like for him to get hurt again. I would like for him to develop as a player and leader (I'm not buying the whole "I was a leader last year, just because you guys (the media) said I wasn't...I was" deal). I would like for him to prove my observations about him to be incorrect.

The point is, it is possible to not like someone, but still hope they perform well/not wish ill will on them. You can still be a fan of the team without being a fan of every individual player's apparent personality traits. I doubt TM really cares what I think about him anyways.

Please link to the interviews where Taylor acted like a jerk. Also, standing on the sidelines is not pouting. If it is, then Green was pouting most of the season because he was on the sidelines.

Please link to the interviews where Taylor acted like a jerk. Also, standing on the sidelines is not pouting. If it is, then Green was pouting most of the season because he was on the sidelines.

The last 30 seconds of this are really lame.

Also, I like that you leave out the most important phrase (by himself, not talking to anyone) from the bolded portion of your post. Either don't try so hard or try harder.

Tmart did not leave the team, that is a fact.

Tmarts dad did not try and beat up Watsons kid before/during the bowl game. That is fact

To many people want to believe in crazy stories, that is fact.

Having an outlet for Tmart to pass too, like Green or Abdulla or Heard will make him look like a star, thats a fact. Who remember Marlon Lucky catching like 75 passes a few years back. That will be happening this year, in bunches.

We're citing this as evidence of Taylor being a "jerk?"

I can see why the end of that might rub people the wrong way, but I mostly think it's funny how he's so uncomfortable that he's literally squirming, trying to escape.

Anyways, who gives a damn? Let's pretend like we're all experts and break down video of his mechanics compared to Carnes, rather than just dump on some 20-year-old's character like a bunch of busybodies.

We're citing this as evidence of Taylor being a "jerk?"

I can see why the end of that might rub people the wrong way, but I mostly think it's funny how he's so uncomfortable that he's literally squirming, trying to escape.

Anyways, who gives a damn? Let's pretend like we're all experts and break down video of his mechanics compared to Carnes, rather than just dump on some 20-year-old's character like a bunch of busybodies.

Thats funny!

The last 30 seconds of this are really lame.

Also, I like that you leave out the most important phrase (by himself, not talking to anyone) from the bolded portion of your post. Either don't try so hard or try harder.

I would suggest the same to you if you can somehow watch the video, and twist it into Taylor being a jerk. Is your axe sharp enough yet? Also, I finished re-watching the entire regular season about a week ago, and I saw dozens of shots of Taylor on the sidelines talking to his teammates/trainers/coaches. I've put the "myth" of the pouting QB to bed over and over, and it amazes me people still believe it, and continue to spout falsities. But I'm not surprised. Some people have a grudge against the kid for whatever personal reasons, and will believe any lie they hear regardless of facts, if it portrays taylor in a negative light.