Who's really our BEST Quarterback?

NEBRASKA's BEST QB  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Where is blasted_imposter at to defend his boy Taylor.

I didnt see the game, but 4-13 for 52yards is not good in a scrimmage no matter how limited you are.

I usually dont buy into spring game junk. But its safe to say that Taylor didnt seperate himself from the contenders.

But you're here with your 50 disses at Tmart per day. Gee, what a surprise. :lol:

Haha, the qb race is going to be fun! Really, for us it's a no lose scenario. I still think a fully healthy Tmart will tear the Big10 apart. But if a Carnes/Turner/whoever/etc beats him out so be it. Either way, it'll be great to have superb talent on the bench ready to go. A HUGE upgrade for us.

• Fire 1

I didnt see the game, but 4-13 for 52yards is not good in a scrimmage no matter how limited you are.

I usually dont buy into spring game junk. But its safe to say that Taylor didnt seperate himself from the contenders.

But you're here with your 50 disses at Tmart per day. Gee, what a surprise. :lol:

Haha, the qb race is going to be fun! Really, for us it's a no lose scenario. I still think a fully healthy Tmart will tear the Big10 apart. But if a Carnes/Turner/whoever/etc beats him out so be it. Either way, it'll be great to have superb talent on the bench ready to go. A HUGE upgrade for us.

I wasnt expecting anything less from you.

Seriously though we can find way a to get a healthy Martinez, Carnes, and Turner on the field at the sametime, we could be the most dynamic team in the country.

What Matt meant to say, I think, is that athletic ability is a bit of a push. Taylor has elite burst, but Brion has wiggle and his speed and running ability shouldn't be far behind. So between the two, you really look at other factors like throwing, command of the offense, leadership, experience, etc.

I suppose in your eyes, he isn't named Taylor Martinez, so he must be a complete plodder, like Zac Lee and Cody Green...

Or in your eyes, where anybody that runs faster than a three toed sloth isn't a "real" qb.

lol!

Oh zoogies, how are we going to hack waiting for Sept??

No, a guy can be as fast or athletic as he wants, that's no strike against him. Real QBs will always be evaluated on their QB skills in my eyes, whether they have Zac Taylor speed or Eric Crouch speed. Prince, for example, can fly. But he's not a quarterback.

By all accounts even, Taylor had been making great progress this spring in the areas he needed to. So I'm optimistic about him starting this next year, but last year, whether you want to admit it or not, he had some deficiencies in the QB-ing areas that were exposed in a big way. Please don't be offended. But Taylor was more athlete than quarterback last year. Not surprising, but it is an area in which he'll need to pick it up. And maybe has. I would not read all that much into his poor Spring Game performance, but he does have a lot to show, aside from some feel-good offseason articles, that he is in fact making that leap.

I wasnt expecting anything less from you.

Seriously though we can find way a to get a healthy Martinez, Carnes, and Turner on the field at the sametime, we could be the most dynamic team in the country.

Damn straight.

Add in blazers Heard, Green & Reed....oh boy. Also quite possibly a big upgrade at qb, wr & OC coaching....maybe Oline too with all the help Barney is getting. I think we'll be ready to seriously kick ass & take names.

I think Martinez is still the best quarterback we have right now and the spring game didn't change my mind much. Carnes is athletically gifted without question, but Martinez still has that starting experience and is explosive in the run game as we all know. Carnes played well in a glorified practice and Martinez did not.

When the lights are on the pressure is up, I'd still think Martinez gives us the best chance to win. However, if one of the younger guys beats him out then I'm all for one of them starting. I just want whoever gives us the best chance to win.

RK3!!

Ha ha! The guy looked pretty good today. RK3 may be our best passer. He would have fit great with the offense we ran 4 or 5 yrs ago.

I agree with Enhance89. Martinez is the man. He gives us the best chance to win. Nothing changed today. But our depth at QB looks pretty good.

What Matt meant to say, I think, is that athletic ability is a bit of a push. Taylor has elite burst, but Brion has wiggle and his speed and running ability shouldn't be far behind. So between the two, you really look at other factors like throwing, command of the offense, leadership, experience, etc.

I suppose in your eyes, he isn't named Taylor Martinez, so he must be a complete plodder, like Zac Lee and Cody Green...

Or in your eyes, where anybody that runs faster than a three toed sloth isn't a "real" qb.

lol!

Oh zoogies, how are we going to hack waiting for Sept??

No, a guy can be as fast or athletic as he wants, that's no strike against him. Real QBs will always be evaluated on their QB skills in my eyes, whether they have Zac Taylor speed or Eric Crouch speed. Prince, for example, can fly. But he's not a quarterback.

By all accounts even, Taylor had been making great progress this spring in the areas he needed to. So I'm optimistic about him starting this next year, but last year, whether you want to admit it or not, he had some deficiencies in the QB-ing areas that were exposed in a big way. Please don't be offended. But Taylor was more athlete than quarterback last year. Not surprising, but it is an area in which he'll need to pick it up. And maybe has. I would not read all that much into his poor Spring Game performance, but he does have a lot to show, aside from some feel-good offseason articles, that he is in fact making that leap.

Heh, no sweat zoogies. You never offend me. We just think different, that's all. Or maybe more accurately we just want NU to run different offenses.

Sure zoogies those are very good points for the offense you would like. I just think you grossly undervalue outrageous gap speed. Crouch was at "best" a marginal passer but he carried NU on his back for 3.5 years primarily due his insane acceleration. Tmart has that zoogies and it's a huge asset when used coherently. There's endless boatloads of qbs that can make the reads, throw the ball decently and so on. But very few of them lead their teams to success our "marginal" passers did.

Tmart very well may never be a good pocket passer. But neither were Frost, Frazier, S. Taylor, Crouch and so on. They sure won a lot of games and hardware though.

The bottom line is we gotta be able to run the ball my friend. A great pocket passer "or" a Tmart/DRob can open that up. It looks like Bo wants a qb who runs like a scalded dog. Maybe I'm wrong though.....we'll see!

RK3!!

Ha ha! The guy looked pretty good today. RK3 may be our best passer. He would have fit great with the offense we ran 4 or 5 yrs ago.

I agree with Enhance89. Martinez is the man. He gives us the best chance to win. Nothing changed today. But our depth at QB looks pretty good.

Bingo!

Heh, no sweat zoogies. You never offend me. We just think different, that's all. Or maybe more accurately we just want NU to run different offenses.

Sure zoogies those are very good points for the offense you would like. I just think you grossly undervalue outrageous gap speed. Crouch was at "best" a marginal passer but he carried NU on his back for 3.5 years primarily due his insane acceleration. Tmart has that zoogies and it's a huge asset when used coherently. There's endless boatloads of qbs that can make the reads, throw the ball decently and so on. But very few of them lead their teams to success our "marginal" passers did.

Tmart very well may never be a good pocket passer. But neither were Frost, Frazier, S. Taylor, Crouch and so on. They sure won a lot of games and hardware though.

The bottom line is we gotta be able to run the ball my friend. A great pocket passer "or" a Tmart/DRob can open that up. It looks like Bo wants a qb who runs like a scalded dog. Maybe I'm wrong though.....we'll see!

I'm not zoogies, but I took his comments as being more about the "intangibles" of being a good QB - like toughness, leadership, competitiveness, etc. Those are the areas TMart really needs to improve IMO. If he's a marginal passer, I'm ok with that as long as he gives us the best chance to win. Can he take a team down the field and get the winning score in the clutch? Ganz and Z. Taylor had that quality (along with Frazier, Frost, Gill, etc. etc.) and it made them better QB's than TMart, no matter the 40 times.

I'm not zoogies, but I took his comments as being more about the "intangibles" of being a good QB - like toughness, leadership, competitiveness, etc. Those are the areas TMart really needs to improve IMO. If he's a marginal passer, I'm ok with that as long as he gives us the best chance to win. Can he take a team down the field and get the winning score in the clutch? Ganz and Z. Taylor had that quality (along with Frazier, Frost, Gill, etc. etc.) and it made them better QB's than TMart, no matter the 40 times.

Well, I don't know for sure but I'm inclined to think none of those guys had that superb "intangibles" as freshmen. We'll see if he's got it or not though....

Well, I don't know for sure but I'm inclined to think none of those guys had that superb "intangibles" as freshmen. We'll see if he's got it or not though....

Absolutely agree. My point is more that the things TMart (and all the QB's) needs to develop are not purely about passing and running.

Agreed. Everyone keeps dogging Taylor because he hasn't developed the same skills as guys who were here for 4-5 years and hat the time to develop.

Also, the next person to question Taylor's "toughness" needs to punch themselves in the face for being an idiot. The kid played with 2 bad wheels, and tried to gut it out when he could barely walk.

Agreed. Everyone keeps dogging Taylor because he hasn't developed the same skills as guys who were here for 4-5 years and hat the time to develop.

Also, the next person to question Taylor's "toughness" needs to punch themselves in the face for being an idiot. The kid played with 2 bad wheels, and tried to gut it out when he could barely walk.

The next guy to compare Martinez to guys that were 10 to 25 years ago needs to punch themselves in the face for living in the past. In todays college football world guys like Crouch and Frost wouldnt be playing QB, they would probably be playing DB or WR. Funny other schools wanted Martinez as a DB, not QB.

The next guy to compare Martinez to guys that were 10 to 25 years ago needs to punch themselves in the face for living in the past. In todays college football world guys like Crouch and Frost wouldnt be playing QB, they would probably be playing DB or WR. Funny other schools wanted Martinez as a DB, not QB.

Crouch and Frost would have played QB damn well in the right system. Crouch would have owned in RR's spread option that he used at WVU with Pat White. It's funny that you throw your illogical comment out there, and yet, do what you said was stupid.

But keep chugging on the Martinez hate train. We know you will.