Who's really our BEST Quarterback?

NEBRASKA's BEST QB  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No kidding. This thread took a severe left turn right in the last few posts. Suddenly the jigglies are spies and dubsker's secret agents know his real identity. I half expect dubsker to suddenly rip off kchusker_chris' mask and find out he's really Old Man McReady from the mill down the lane. I'll have to haul him off while he grumbles, "I would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for that meddling dubsker!"

Bingo, I must have missed the memo where huskerboard is now the place to find who people are in actual life, basically stalk. For the longest time I thought the purpose was for discussion's. Stupid me.

dubsker, what are you saying? You're alleging that kchusker_chris is not who he says he is? And you know this... . how?

It doesn't matter if I know it or if it's true, only if someone believes it on the internet. Amirite?

I know for a fact that Knapplc stalks football players at coffee shops, and some of them are considering filing a restraining order against him. Also, aspeedlin is not liked by half his family and he was adopted but nobody wants to tell him for fear that he will fly off the deep end.

Huskertrucker is also in the middle of a huge liability lawsuit because he ran over a bus full of nuns with his big rig.

You guys could find out all of this if you had the internet.

Looks like someone forgot their satire hat today.

EDIT: Since someone apparently missed it the first time, I do not know/care who chris is. Just like I do not care for gossip.

All of this discussion on Martinez has brought back an old question I've had for several years. I've always wondered if Bobby Newcombe had redshirted and actually practiced the QB position rather than playing the slot his true freshman year whether or not Crouch would have unseated him? Martinez was in the same boat. How much different would he have looked this past season had he actually been practicing at the QB position his redshirt year rather than playing receiver? One would hope that Martinez does improve from last year to this year. It's rare a player peaks his freshman year.

In my opinion Bobby was the better thrower, but like Martinez had a habit of taking sacks or running backwards out of bounds, instead of throwing the ball away. Unless someone steps up and makes it hard like Crouch did to go through the up's and down's of a rookie QB that has these kind of problem, then I don't see Nebraska changing QB's.

Pretty amazing what he can do when he is not crippled. Good reads, good passing and blazing speed. Two bad wheels and loss of confidence and you see what we saw after Missouri. If I remember correctly we were playing a undefeated KState team.

We need to all be hoping the kid is healthy next fall, I want to see more of this.

Pretty amazing what he can do when he is not crippled. Good reads, good passing and blazing speed. Two bad wheels and loss of confidence and you see what we saw after Missouri. If I remember correctly we were playing a undefeated KState team.

We need to all be hoping the kid is healthy next fall, I want to see more of this.

Agreed on the whole post. Specifically regarding the bold - you are correct, sir. We gave KState, OK State and Missouri their first losses last year. When Martinez is healthy, he's a terrifying weapon for opposing defenses. If he comes back healthy and ready to go, and we find a threat at RB (depending on how we decide to use Burkhead), this team has great potential for 2011.

Agreed on the whole post. Specifically regarding the bold - you are correct, sir. We gave KState, OK State and Missouri their first losses last year. When Martinez is healthy, he's a terrifying weapon for opposing defenses. If he comes back healthy and ready to go, and we find a threat at RB (depending on how we decide to use Burkhead), this team has great potential for 2011.

How terrifying he is will depend a lot on the o-line and Beck. There's a full season of film on him now. Washington didn't even really know who he was, KState had little to prepare with. OK State, he beat with his arm as much as anything, and he was almost a non-factor on the ground against Mizzou. As the season progressed (and I am hopeful a lot of this was Watson's fault) defensive coordinators had less and less trouble scheming to stop T-Mart. There were a handful of plays he was affective with (even uninjured) - and it was pretty easy to load the box and stop those as the season wore on. Uninjured, I'm not sure the end results of a few of these games would have been much different. He needs to learn a few new tricks to go w/ that speed.

How terrifying he is will depend a lot on the o-line and Beck. There's a full season of film on him now. Washington didn't even really know who he was, KState had little to prepare with. OK State, he beat with his arm as much as anything, and he was almost a non-factor on the ground against Mizzou. As the season progressed (and I am hopeful a lot of this was Watson's fault) defensive coordinators had less and less trouble scheming to stop T-Mart. There were a handful of plays he was affective with (even uninjured) - and it was pretty easy to load the box and stop those as the season wore on. Uninjured, I'm not sure the end results of a few of these games would have been much different. He needs to learn a few new tricks to go w/ that speed.

What's a full season of film going to do for anyone when he's as fast as he is? Missouri had three years of film on Helu and he beat them like a drum. I get your point, but it's a little obvious, isn't it? Doesn't everything hinge on the OC and O Line? That's not really a caveat to what I wrote.