Who's really our BEST Quarterback?

NEBRASKA's BEST QB  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2. Marty was pretty bad throwing on the run last year (at times), but we have no idea if rollouts suit Carnes any better. I believe there were glimpses of Martinez throwing from a rollout in his high school film, just like Carnes and Starling and Turner and Cody and Spano, and just about every one of the QBs we have right now.

This could be one to pull up the film on.

I'm sure there is footage of Taylor doing that in HS, but there is footage of Carnes making big time throws on the run. I don't think you saw the same kind of ball from Taylor. Could be wrong.

You're welcome to pull up all the HIGH SCHOOL film you want. Hours and hours of it. Doesn't mean what you see on those films will translate to D1 football, and that's the problem pimping Carnes (or Turner, or Starling) right now. They may flop in college, all three of them. Or all three may be stars - the next Triplets, if we're so lucky.

There's just no way to predict the success or failure of a kid in college based on his High School results. It's a different world entirely.

You're right on that, but I'm not talking about projecting college success or anything. Just the one simple question of whether they can technically make the throw or not. Being able to make the throws is only part of the game. But it is /always/ a good sign when someone is able to. Compared to someone whose high school film shows they are very poor at passing mechanics/fundamentals.

@kchusker_chris

Haha, wouldn't doubt it.

Seriously though, I'm not trying to start a rumor. I saw Taylor Martinez (or maybe Taylor's doppelgänger) punch some guy in the face. That's it. Don't know why he did it. Don't know what what happened to either one. Just saying what I saw.

@kchusker_chris

Haha, wouldn't doubt it.

Seriously though, I'm not trying to start a rumor. I saw Taylor Martinez (or maybe Taylor's doppelgänger) punch some guy in the face. That's it. Don't know why he did it. Don't know what what happened to either one. Just saying what I saw.

These two phrases are incompatible. I understand you're not trying to stir it up, but if you're not sure, it's hard to say what happened.

I voted for Green, just because he has been here. I would have voted for Martinez, but I just have to question his maturity with what transpired towards the end of the year, and I don't like his dad's meddling. It is really hard to judge anyone at this point, and I would say they go into spring ball even. Watson only had one offense last season - that was Martinez's legs, and once they were gone, everyone could see that we had no real offense. We need leadership, and I didn't see that from Martinez either, but then Green did his job, and was "the good soldier" and kept his mouth shut and was supportive of Martinez.

I am interested in seeing what Bubba Starling is all about, how fast he can pick up the offense. But realistically, he will be a work in progress as will others. We just don't have an established QB IMHO at this point. And that is going to hurt.

I have never seen a direct quote, all I have heard are those comments being made on the forums. I have a friend that is a friend of his last highschool coach, who says he is not arrogant, not the type to seek attention. Shy, quiet and somewhat awkward in people skills. And normally shoulders the blame for shortcomings and beats himself up regarding them. No gray areas, it is either right or wrong.

You guys seem to know the names of the people saying he is disliked, possibly he is not outgoing and therefore does not make close friends.

Before I believe he is this hated/disliked figure, I would want to see some real evidence of it.

I have learned what is said on message boards is very seldom the exact situation.

I just feel if this was anywhere else, and the kid put up efforts like he did, most would be very happy he is coming back. Every year we seem to look for the non starter to be the starter, look for any and all reasons for the incumbant to be removed. The year before it was Green, and last year the same. This year it will be Carnes or someone else. Martinez seems to be taking the whole blame for our failure's last year. He spit the bit at times no question, but there were many reasons this team failed, both on the offensive side and defensive side.

Do you think any of us would throw a player under the bus like that?

As I am not new to the internet or athletics... absolutely.

I have never seen a direct quote, all I have heard are those comments being made on the forums. I have a friend that is a friend of his last highschool coach, who says he is not arrogant, not the type to seek attention. Shy, quiet and somewhat awkward in people skills. And normally shoulders the blame for shortcomings and beats himself up regarding them. No gray areas, it is either right or wrong.

You guys seem to know the names of the people saying he is disliked, possibly he is not outgoing and therefore does not make close friends.

Before I believe he is this hated/disliked figure, I would want to see some real evidence of it.

I have learned what is said on message boards is very seldom the exact situation.

I just feel if this was anywhere else, and the kid put up efforts like he did, most would be very happy he is coming back. Every year we seem to look for the non starter to be the starter, look for any and all reasons for the incumbant to be removed. The year before it was Green, and last year the same. This year it will be Carnes or someone else. Martinez seems to be taking the whole blame for our failure's last year. He spit the bit at times no question, but there were many reasons this team failed, both on the offensive side and defensive side.

Agreed. If you can't put a name on it, it didn't happen or isn't true. Nothing ever stops anyone on here from putting that kind of info up here if it is true. Besides, if it is true, don't you think the primary characters already know about it? :cheers

Agreed. If you can't put a name on it, it didn't happen or isn't true. Nothing ever stops anyone on here from putting that kind of info up here if it is true. Besides, if it is true, don't you think the primary characters already know about it? :cheers

It seems like in the quest for anonymous e-rep everyone forgot that when you have a bunch of type a's in one area people are bound to butt heads and it's not exactly news worthy. You know that saying? It is what it is. I love the wikipedia style interpersonal drama updates. Like that guy who came on during the Iowa State game and thought he'd share over and over again how big of a piece of sh#t Cody Green was because he sat next to him in class. Cool story brosef. Maybe if people posted their name I'd think they were doing more than just talking to football players in class so they have stuff to post about.