Who's really our BEST Quarterback?

NEBRASKA's BEST QB  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

we'll know more after the first few games of the year. as of today I don't see Martinez being that "franchise" type of QB though. (boy I hope he is) And I don't want to see a new starter every year either - but if I had to choose between a freshman QB next year with the potential to be a 4 year starter, vs Martinez bobbling along for the next 3 - I'm going to go w/ the freshman.

I'd rather go 8-5, 10-4, 12-2, 14-0 the next 4 years with a freshman than 10-4, 11-3, 10-4, 8-5 with Martinez and whoever replaces him that 4th year.

This assumes Martinez doesn't improve much as a QB - which I still hope he does. I'm a skeptic though.

Through the first half of the 2010 season, we all thought we had our four year starter. If Carnes unseats Martinez and we go 8-5 in 2011, there will be a lot of pi$$ed off Husker fans me included. Take your example of 8-5 and 10-4 with a freshman or 10-4 and 11-3 with Martinez. There was another thread discussing how much time Bo had before his job is in jeapardy. 8-5 leaves us unranked at season's end and Bo's seat getting awfully hot. 10-4 might have us in the top 25 and it might not. If not, he could be gone. It really matters very little your next two years if we're breaking in a different head coach.

Bo seems to throw QB's right into the fire. It really didn't pay off with Cody Green in 2009. I'd have rather he eased Martinez into the starting role in 2010 rather than right off the bat. It's been said that we're recruiting "projects" for QB's. Even in spring practice it was said Martinez had good/great scrimmages, and he had practices where he struggled. It would be really nice to see our QB's be in our system two to three years before we put their feet to the fire. I want the best QB to play, but I don't want it to be at the expense of losses. When Martinez was announced the starter, I had a bad feeling we were sacrificing a year. After the first few games, those feelings went away. However, as we got deeper into the season they came back. We'll never know if things would have been different with Lee starting, but I've got to think that at least the Big 12 Championship game would have been different especially with the lead we'd built. Husker fans would be feeling a lot better had we played UConn in a BCS bowl.

8-5 or 9-4 are very probable......so much work to do on offense.

Imo a lot of NU fans are just simply blind to what a difference maker can do to help an offense at qb. Tmart was simply incredible until inuries (bad ankle & turf toe) took their toll. A run 1st freshman qb with those injuries had him looking like sh*t so the "best fans in college football" rip him to shreads at every opportunity. Especially here at HuskerBoard. Heh....just the way it is.

I think there's at most a 1% chance someone is electrifying enough to beat him out next year.

The way you stick up for Martinez when anyone dares to question the guys overall ability to play QB is so admirable. :wub:

I mean come on people did you not see enough during the JV tour to realize that he was simply incredible. His going in the tank along with the offense was all on his injury, the OL play and are ineffective OC calling plays. He was a first year starter for crying out loud, give him a break. :sarcasm

Hold on those excuses sound very familiar. <_<

Didnt people get killed for saying the same crap about Zac Lee after the 2009 season once it came out that during the Sun Belt tour he injured his arm? If Im not mistaken he was a first year starter, had Watson calling the plays and the 2009 OL was worse then the 2010 OL.

But those excuses didnt have any merit then because it was people sticking up for Zac Lee and not sticking up for T-Magic. :ahhhhhhhh

Dont get me wrong I thought some of the stuff Martinez did was awesome, but I am not blinded by his run first ability enough to not see that he has many shortcomings. I also dont see why it is so crazy to imagine another QB unseating him as the starting QB. It happens all the time in College Football so it can definitely happen at NU next year. :dunno

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

There's a mountain of difference between what freshman Tmart accomplished before injury & what Junior Lee did before his.

Lee looked good vs the three Sun Belt teams before injury while Tmart looked good vs ranked BCS teams. The numbers show despite playing a tougher schedule NU improved from 99th in total scoring under Lee to 44th under Tmart. If you can't see the difference I don't know what to tell you.

If someone beats Tmart out next year great! I just don't think kids who have never played a down of cfb can be seriously compared.

Lee looked good vs the three Sun Belt teams before injury while Tmart looked good vs ranked BCS teams.

It's funny because as soon as we switch this argument to Watson in 2010, you are going to say, "Watson ran it up against some horrible defenses early in the year, then folded when anyone tough came to play."

But I agree, Taylor looked pretty good in a few games this year before his injury.

• Fire 1

Lee looked good vs the three Sun Belt teams before injury while Tmart looked good vs ranked BCS teams.

It's funny because as soon as we switch this argument to Watson in 2010, you are going to say, "Watson ran it up against some horrible defenses early in the year, then folded when anyone tough came to play."

But I agree, Taylor looked pretty good in a few games this year before his injury.

Zoogies, my old friend, it's not nice to put words in my mouth. It hardly takes a tough defense to stop SW (SDSU, Kansas, etc). I wish the guy well but I'm VERY, very glad he's gone elsewhere.

I think we'll both have fun next year in the Big10.

It hardly takes a tough defense to stop SW T-Mart playing in 1) his fourth career start when the entire team is playing like complete dog-ass (SDSU), and after he's both rolled his ankle and suffered a turf toe injury (Kansas, etc), and I've completely ignored the fact that he beat two top-15 teams back-to-back, something no QB has done at Nebraska since 2001, but aside from all that, T-Mart sucked.

Fixed it for you

Fixed it for you.

It hardly takes a tough defense to stop SW T-Mart playing in 1) his fourth career start when the entire team is playing like complete dog-ass (SDSU), and after he's both rolled his ankle and suffered a turf toe injury (Kansas, etc), and I've completely ignored the fact that he beat two top-15 teams back-to-back, something no QB has done at Nebraska since 2001, but aside from all that, T-Mart sucked can't finish.

Fixed it for you

Fixed it for you.

Fixed it (again)

It hardly takes a tough defense to stop SW T-Mart playing in 1) his fourth career start when the entire team is playing like complete dog-ass (SDSU), and after he's both rolled his ankle and suffered a turf toe injury (Kansas, etc), and I've completely ignored the fact that he beat two top-15 teams back-to-back, something no QB has done at Nebraska since 2001, but aside from all that, T-Mart sucked can't finish when he's got two injuries, but we're not going to take that into account when casting blame for last season.

Fixed it for you

Fixed it for you.

Fixed it (again)

Fixed it for you (again)

It hardly takes a tough defense to stop SW T-Mart playing in 1) his fourth career start when the entire team is playing like complete dog-ass (SDSU), and after he's both rolled his ankle and suffered a turf toe injury (Kansas, etc), and I've completely ignored the fact that he beat two top-15 teams back-to-back, something no QB has done at Nebraska since 2001, but aside from all that, T-Mart sucked can't finish when he's got two injuries, but we're not going to take that into account when casting blame for last season going to continue use it as an excuse for everything that was wrong w/ the offense, from Watson's inneptitude, to Martinez's innability to throw it away due to the lack of accuracy he would have had on the throw into the stands.

Fixed it for you

Fixed it for you.

Fixed it (again)

Fixed it for you (again)

...and again

It hardly takes a tough defense to stop SW T-Mart playing in 1) his fourth career start when the entire team is playing like complete dog-ass (SDSU), and after he's both rolled his ankle and suffered a turf toe injury (Kansas, etc), and I've completely ignored the fact that he beat two top-15 teams back-to-back, something no QB has done at Nebraska since 2001, but aside from all that, T-Mart sucked can't finish when he's got two injuries, but we're not going to take that into account when casting blame for last season going to continue use it as an excuse for everything that was wrong w/ the offense, from Watson's inneptitude, to Martinez's innability to throw it away due to the lack of accuracy he would have had on the throw into the stands.

Fixed it for you

Fixed it for you.

Fixed it (again)

Fixed it for you (again)

...and again

Makes perfect sense to 'fix it' for someone, rather than just make your own point, doesn't it? Thanks for helping. This is a good illustration.

Makes perfect sense to 'fix it' for someone, rather than just make your own point, doesn't it? Thanks for helping. This is a good illustration.

The points been argued for 2 solid months. It was a reference to Zoogies saying "It's funny because as soon as we switch this argument to Watson in 2010, you are going to say, "Watson ran it up against some horrible defenses early in the year, then folded when anyone tough came to play."

so....when bshirt got on Watson I switched it back to T-Mart in reference to Zoogies statement...

You having a rough day Knapp?