Who's really our BEST Quarterback?

NEBRASKA's BEST QB  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This thread is a classic. Kids that have never played one single down of cfb are our "best" qbs.

lol! awesome.....

At a program such as Nebraska where we actually have depth at the QB position, maybe it's a good thing we think outside the box.

Just because they have more snaps at QB doesn't make them better.

Bo always mentions the best players will end up playing, right?

I think people need to open up their eyes a little bit and see how fortunate we are.

So save your laughs or doubts until the season actually starts....

T-Mart is # 1, his injury would not allow him to run away from defenders. If he's 100% he is still dangerous. I hear Carnes is really good but he hasn't been on the field yet. The real wild card is Green. He has game experience but doesn't look to be improving much. Maybe it will come together for him under a new OC.

I don't see him as a wild card at all. Martinez is a wild card if he returns to last year's early season form, and learns to read pass defenses better. Carnes is a wild card based on his potential and what he's apparently shown in practice. Starling is a wild card based on his athletic ability. Green is probably the least unknown, for good or for bad. Maybe a new OC/QB coach will find something, but I think it's unlikely.

Freshman all american, never had one before I do not think. Many records and actually performed better than any other QB thier first year. A offense that was not geared towards any real path. Poor offensive line.

Yea a couple of high schoolers are better.

I think there is a kindergartner that you need to do some research on, I am sure he is better than any we have coming in. Unbelieveable.

• Fire 1

Freshman all american, never had one before I do not think. Many records and actually performed better than any other QB thier first year. A offense that was not geared towards any real path. Poor offensive line.

I think there is a kindergartner that you need to do some research on, I am sure he is better than any we have coming in. Unbelieveable.

Easy there killer - if you'd only watched the second half of the season it might not be a stretch to think Carnes is better.

In regards to Green VA, I have to agree with you. While he never had a breakout performance, he was fairly consistent (though mediocre). We kind of knew what we were getting with Cody, and in all honesty if you look back at his Oklahoma game in 09' you realize he did improve year over year. Another summer and his game management can only get better. We don't know what the summer will do for Martinez...you'd have to think he'll improve but if the season is any indication it's possible he might regress or maintain. You can't attribute all of that piss poor play and pathetic decision making on an ankle sprain w/ a little turf toe mixed in. I'm taking his records with a grain of salt. I've seen 30 handicappers make a hole-in-one. Doesn't mean they're making the tour. At the end of the day a couple star performances can't overshaddow the lackluster end of conference play.

• Fire 1

Easy there killer - if you'd only watched the second half of the season it might not be a stretch to think Carnes is better.

In regards to Green VA, I have to agree with you. While he never had a breakout performance, he was fairly consistent (though mediocre). We kind of knew what we were getting with Cody, and in all honesty if you look back at his Oklahoma game in 09' you realize he did improve year over year. Another summer and his game management can only get better. We don't know what the summer will do for Martinez...you'd have to think he'll improve but if the season is any indication it's possible he might regress or maintain. You can't attribute all of that piss poor play and pathetic decision making on an ankle sprain w/ a little turf toe mixed in. I'm taking his records with a grain of salt. I've seen 30 handicappers make a hole-in-one. Doesn't mean they're making the tour. At the end of the day a couple star performances can't overshaddow the lackluster end of conference play.

:yeah

Wait...who's better Taylor, Cody, or three guys that have never played any college football? Are we serious here?

For christ sake people, when are we going to learn that a high school highlight tape doesn't mean crap, go back and watch Cody Green's HS highlights.

I make highlight tapes for my athletes, I can make a very average player look great when I cut up film for highlights.

Taylor wins this poll, I would hope.

When watching tape.... It's not how long they can throw the ball. Or how many touchdowns they get.

It's all about the details you get out of it.

It's not very hard to shoot a video and cut out the bad plays and leave in the great ones.

There's a reason coaches watch tape still you know.... well I would hope so if your in the business.

Except for the fact that we have seen nothing of Carnes. So it is kind of a stretch. He could be the next Tommie Frazier. He also could be the next Harrison Beck.

Since we just had a freshman that was every bit as impressive as Tommie Frazier was when he was a freshman, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it doesn't happen 2 years in a row.

Except for the fact that we have seen nothing of Carnes. So it is kind of a stretch. He could be the next Tommie Frazier. He also could be the next Harrison Beck.

Since we just had a freshman that was every bit as impressive as Tommie Frazier was when he was a freshman, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it doesn't happen 2 years in a row.

So what your saying is our coaches just blindly recruit right?? :laughpound

It's a good thing those signs say "Through these gates walk the BEST fans in college football" rather than, "Through these gates walk the MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE fans in college football."

It's amazing to think that people could watch Martinez play and not recognize the superlative ability he has. But... so it goes.

Coaches recruit for the future, and if we have to recruit for present we have problems. We saw that with Clownahan.

You take the best that are willing to come, nothing more, nothing less.

Taylor was injured most of the year. It happens, but it does not mean he is not capable of doing what he did the first part of the year. Many injuries did our offense in as it has in recent years.

Playing injured at this level is not easy and it was quite apparent it hampered him after the Missouri game, no matter what coach speak Polini said.

I will take a player that has impressed the nation in real college football games, before I ever consider the high school player that lights it up. We have a prove product and we need to endorse him and quit this the next guy is always better. This kid has walked the walk the others are want a bees.

Standing behind your team does include the players. If the new guys are good enough to replace him so be it, but film from high school truly means squat at this level.

It's a good thing those signs say "Through these gates walk the BEST fans in college football" rather than, "Through these gates walk the MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE fans in college football."

It's amazing to think that people could watch Martinez play and not recognize the superlative ability he has. But... so it goes.

Martinez is GREAT! He is an awesome football player and I have always rooted for him. He does not hurt us being on the field and I have never said that. But is it a stretch to say MAYBE someone could make us even better?

It was my opinion. And funny enough I found alot of people agreeing with me....

Seems as if the husker fans on this board are more JUDGMENTAL and QUICK TO CONCLUSIONS than anything.

Wait...who's better Taylor, Cody, or three guys that have never played any college football? Are we serious here?

For christ sake people, when are we going to learn that a high school highlight tape doesn't mean crap, go back and watch Cody Green's HS highlights.

I make highlight tapes for my athletes, I can make a very average player look great when I cut up film for highlights.

Taylor wins this poll, I would hope.

When watching tape.... It's not how long they can throw the ball. Or how many touchdowns they get.

It's all about the details you get out of it.

It's not very hard to shoot a video and cut out the bad plays and leave in the great ones.

There's a reason coaches watch tape still you know.... well I would hope so if your in the business.

You are right, we as coaches do watch tape. I am betting, however, that you have never seen a full game film on Carnes and only his highlight tapes that are made by his coaches or his parents for RECRUITING thereby cutting out the bad plays and leaving in the great ones as you stated above.

Either way, they are from HIGH SCHOOL not against Washington, Kansas State, and Oklahoma State.

Look, I am not saying that Taylor Martinez is a god, I have been as critical as any on here of his play. He is, however, the best freshmen QB statistically we have ever had at NU so to think that a guy that almost went to Western Kentucky is better than him without any D1 playing time is so asinine it is bordering on mentally challenged.

Coaches recruit for the future, and if we have to recruit for present we have problems. We saw that with Clownahan.

You take the best that are willing to come, nothing more, nothing less.

Taylor was injured most of the year. It happens, but it does not mean he is not capable of doing what he did the first part of the year. Many injuries did our offense in as it has in recent years.

Playing injured at this level is not easy and it was quite apparent it hampered him after the Missouri game, no matter what coach speak Polini said.

I will take a player that has impressed the nation in real college football games, before I ever consider the high school player that lights it up. We have a prove product and we need to endorse him and quit this the next guy is always better. This kid has walked the walk the others are want a bees.

Standing behind your team does include the players. If the new guys are good enough to replace him so be it, but film from high school truly means squat at this level.

Fair enough. But at the same time, I have hours of tape of Taylor struggling as well. And getting injured...................alot.

I hope to god Taylor can progress. I would be the happiest of em all to see this kid do well! And I wish him the best.

Everyone has an opinion and that's what this thread was for...

I am saving my vote until after the Spring Game when I've seen them all play against some D-1 competition (I know Starling isn't gonna play in the Spring Game, but I don't expect him to be coming anyways). We already know what Martinez and Green bring to the table, so I'm watching the game to not only see if they improve, but also how Carnes and Turner play against D-1 competition.