Who's really our BEST Quarterback?

NEBRASKA's BEST QB  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It hardly takes a tough defense to stop SW T-Mart (SDSU, Kansas, etc).

Fixed it for you

You certainly have an unhealthy obsession with bagging on Taylor.

I have an unhealthy addiction to alchohol, but there's nothing unhealthy about keeping things in check in regards to Taylor. What's unhealthy is the stress disapointment creates on the masses - and I'm afraid a great number of Husker fans are going to be disapointed in the future abilities of Martinez. Expectations are too high.

Fixed it for you

I have an unhealthy addiction to alchohol, but there's nothing unhealthy about keeping things in check in regards to Taylor. What's unhealthy is the stress disapointment creates on the masses - and I'm afraid a great number of Husker fans are going to be disapointed in the future abilities of Martinez. Expectations are too high.

Ah yes, I forgot you know the future.

I think you're overreacting to a nonexistent issue. Most everything I'm reading about Martinez contains the caveat "If he continues to improve," "If he heals up," if, if, if. Nobody is talking about him becoming the next great QB, and most everyone is hedging their bets saying it's no lock he'll even start this year.

To make a statement that we're going to be disappointed in his future abilities has no basis in fact, but is more of a damning statement about him than the praises I'm reading. You're outright saying people will be disappointed in him. Where are you getting that?

Fixed it for you

Geese, Debbie Downer. It's such a bad thing to have high expectations of NU cfb? I think with this new offensive staff and a healthy Tmart we'll rip the Big10 apart. I'll worry about "stress disapointment" later if needed.

I too have an unhealthy addiction (or at least a strong craving) for alchohol. Especially the last two years. The new OC, qb & wr coaches might help ease that problem though.

Fixed it for you

Geese, Debbie Downer. It's such a bad thing to have high expectations of NU cfb? I think with this new offensive staff and a healthy Tmart we'll rip the Big10 apart. I'll worry about "stress disapointment" later if needed.

I too have an unhealthy addiction (or at least a strong craving) for alchohol. Especially the last two years. The new OC, qb & wr coaches might help ease that problem though.

I dont see KC's response as being a debbie downer. He is expressing his opinion on the future QB situation. Maybe expectations are a little too high for Martinez, after the last 2 games of the season, some fans are worried we might see the same.

Huskerboard is silly (to use a word from Knapp) sometimes. If you disagree with the masses you'd better be prepared to go to Zoogie-like lengths (typing 10,000 words a day) to defend your opinions. The funny thing is 5 weeks ago this same coversation would have warranted universal agreement from the board...now I'm a Debbie Downer because I for some reason can't write the season off to injury. My bad, I'll get in line now...

Huskerboard is silly (to use a word from Knapp) sometimes. If you disagree with the masses you'd better be prepared to go to Zoogie-like lengths (typing 10,000 words a day) to defend your opinions. The funny thing is 5 weeks ago this same coversation would have warranted universal agreement from the board...now I'm a Debbie Downer because I for some reason can't write the season off to injury. My bad, I'll get in line now...

Can you just cut the drama? You're putting up straw men and I'm calling you on it. It's not unreasonable to ask you to support your contention that people will be disappointed with Martinez.

It's drama now? What are you calling me on - that you disagree with my opinion because I can't provide proof that I think Martinez may have peaked? If you disagree fine, I have no problem with that. I disagree w/ a lot of your opinions on this board, and agree with plenty more. I'm not sure why you are taking such offense to this opinion of mine, but I wouldn't call it drama.

Any chance we could all pay closer attention to KC's avatar and drop this?

We all want the best, and some have different views of what each of the QB's bring to the table. I think right now we have one QB that has established he can play at the NCAA level. Green has not proven that to me, nor the coaches it appears.

Taylor is an introvert. He is not a rah rah guy type leader. It is hard for a freshman that just basically started being a QB last fall, to be a leader. I think we take him different than he is. We read too much into his actions and his personality, that really none of us know about. I have never heard a negative coming from the team members about him. He does not crave the limelight, stays in the shadows and does the best he can.

The new kids have not faced the problems that he has, nor have they faced the wrath of the Nebraska fan yet. This team this year needs all the support we can give them. Taylor needs it. He knows what the fan base thinks and it really should not be something for him to be concerned about. He has competition coming in that will make him better or change his position. He just needs to worry about being the best he can be and develop into what ever type QB Bo wants him to be.

My guess is going into the Big Ten we will need every single player we have. All need to step up as I think this will be a far more physical league than the Big 12.