Who's really our BEST Quarterback?

NEBRASKA's BEST QB  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

More reason to believe in Carnes.

1. With the adjusted playbook and terminology, Martinez's experience advantage has been reduced, if not negated. Carnes is here for the spring, so he has pretty even footing as far as learning the offense. Bubba has only the fall to get up to speed.

2. Martinez is not great at throwing when he is not set. The few times he threw on the run, his accuracy was terrible. Kind of negates the advantage his mobility brings in the roll out game. The roll out game will much better suit Carnes.

3. Martinez is not good diagnosing plays; he never read the zone read, and he rarely got past his first progression. Not a natural in the passing game.

4. Confidence won't be a problem for Carnes. Martinez has shown he can get rattled pretty good.

Granted, I'm making some assumptions for Carnes, and of course he will have growing pains / freshmen moments. I still like his chances.

More reason to believe in Carnes.

Carnes is going to the be guy!!!! I have a strong feeling on this one.

Schuhbdoo

Past couple pages, it's mainly Carnes & T-Mart.

I can understand, both have legit chances to start this fall, and to count either out, would be foolish.

All this bantering leads me to think, what about Green. At points last year, even I groaned when I'd see him come in a game. But, with a new OC, this may be just what Green needs, a shot a redemption.

I remember a couple years ago, when he was being recruited, the recruiting junkies on the board we're going apesh*t, for lack of a better term. But in less than two years he quickly went from hero to hype. This may be the spark he needs to get himself back into the proverbial race.

2. Marty was pretty bad throwing on the run last year (at times), but we have no idea if rollouts suit Carnes any better. I believe there were glimpses of Martinez throwing from a rollout in his high school film, just like Carnes and Starling and Turner and Cody and Spano, and just about every one of the QBs we have right now.

This could be one to pull up the film on.

I'm sure there is footage of Taylor doing that in HS, but there is footage of Carnes making big time throws on the run. I don't think you saw the same kind of ball from Taylor. Could be wrong.

You're welcome to pull up all the HIGH SCHOOL film you want. Hours and hours of it. Doesn't mean what you see on those films will translate to D1 football, and that's the problem pimping Carnes (or Turner, or Starling) right now. They may flop in college, all three of them. Or all three may be stars - the next Triplets, if we're so lucky.

There's just no way to predict the success or failure of a kid in college based on his High School results. It's a different world entirely.

I still am not understanding where some are getting that Brion/Bubba/Jamaal will start this year based on their high school highlight videos. None of them have taken a snap against collegiate competition. Its easy to look good in highschool in your own highlight tape, but until they take the field against legit/consistant competition we wont know how good they are/can be.

This should be a landslide vote for Taylor/Cody/ and even Kody Spano. They have all been in the system and shown on the feild that they can do it in college(not sure if Spano has taken any snaps in game?).

I still am not understanding where some are getting that Brion/Bubba/Jamaal will start this year based on their high school highlight videos. None of them have taken a snap against collegiate competition. Its easy to look good in highschool in your own highlight tape, but until they take the field against legit/consistant competition we wont know how good they are/can be.

This should be a landslide vote for Taylor/Cody/ and even Kody Spano. They have all been in the system and shown on the feild that they can do it in college(not sure if Spano has taken any snaps in game?).

I don't even know if Spano has worn pads to a game, and I'll guarentee you he hasn't taken a snap. (other) Chris is just pointing out that the playing field has been leveled considerably for guys like Carnes. They are learning a new system, right alongside Taylor. They are learning new defenses, right alongside Taylor. Cody/Taylor's seen the speed of the game, experienced playing in front of 90,000. That's a big advantage...but a lot of the other advantages they might have had over Carnes have been reduced. At the same time if Beck is deciding between Taylor/Carnes...looking back at Taylor's performances on that big stage is not going to give him that much of an edge.

By the way, how did we just brush past drumline's comment about Taylor fighting in at Pla Mor? Not a big deal - but he can't be throwing punches - we need those hands.

@KChusker_Chris, I guess I didnt think about it that way. that All our QBs will be learning a new system together. I guess my point was that having the experince of mainly Taylor and Cody has to give them the advantage.

Dont get me wrong, I am very happy that we have this problem. All this competition will surely breed success and put a good product on the feild, keeping these guys motivated and constantly pushing eachother. We finally have some depth and good young talent to take us into the future.

Agree w/ you n.e. I wonder how having this load of young tallent at QB will affect future recruiting at the position. I don't see us signing anyone special at QB this coming year, especially not "if" Bubba shows up.

Also, if Bubba is going to be on campus as soon as he garduates HS - can someone please arrange for one of the hot/easy sororities to dedicate a few co-eds to his every need for the 2.5 months he'll be here? I'm sure they'd line up for the chance to please a future millionaire - and it might help persuade him to stay in college. This would not be an NCAA violation since he's no longer a recruit - so technically it's open season on what they can do to convince him college is way better than riding in smelly buses playin in the minors.

Agree w/ you n.e. I wonder how having this load of young tallent at QB will affect future recruiting at the position. I don't see us signing anyone special at QB this coming year, especially not "if" Bubba shows up.

Also, if Bubba is going to be on campus as soon as he garduates HS - can someone please arrange for one of the hot/easy sororities to dedicate a few co-eds to his every need for the 2.5 months he'll be here? I'm sure they'd line up for the chance to please a future millionaire - and it might help persuade him to stay in college. This would not be an NCAA violation since he's no longer a recruit - so technically it's open season on what they can do to convince him college is way better than riding in smelly buses playin in the minors.

For a future millionaire they'll be on him like flies on poop. Women understand "lifestyle".

Not a bad idea.

For a future millionaire they'll be on him like flies on poop. Women understand "lifestyle".

Not a bad idea.

Just keep it hush hush. chuckleshuffle

By the way, how did we just brush past drumline's comment about Taylor fighting in at Pla Mor? Not a big deal - but he can't be throwing punches - we need those hands.

Wow - I didn't even see that until you mentioned it. Interesting.

Maybe it shows he's getting over his aloofness...

Lets spin this now. I heard that someone insulted Yoshi calling him fat - then proceded to call Caputo a shrimp. Having none of that talk about HIS offensive line, Taylor quickly stepped in and leveled the guy, knocking him out cold and earning a great amount of respect from his teamates. Showing off his new attitude - he demonstrated that the shyness displayed last year was nothing to be concerned about, as he slyly hit on the guy's girlfriend taking her home later that night. While upset with the situation, the victim was quickly calmed by a whitty Martinez as he explained how he had actually saved his life. Had he not knocked him out Yoshi/Caputo probably would have tag teamed him WWF style and he'd be eating apple sauce for the rest of his life. A broken nose, missing tooth and loss of his model girlfriend is a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things. On a side note, Martinez won over the rest of his teamates when he had the girlfriend strip in the locker room early this week. Word is even TO enjoyed the show, and she's been asked back for an encore. Martinez has not missed an open receiver since he started getting laid 10 days ago.

That's what I heard anyway...

• Fire 2

Wow - I didn't even see that until you mentioned it. Interesting.

Maybe it shows he's getting over his aloofness...

Lets spin this now. I heard that someone insulted Yoshi calling him fat - then proceded to call Caputo a shrimp. Having none of that talk about HIS offensive line, Taylor quickly stepped in and leveled the guy, knocking him out cold and earning a great amount of respect from his teamates. Showing off his new attitude - he demonstrated that the shyness displayed last year was nothing to be concerned about, as he slyly hit on the guy's girlfriend taking her home later that night. While upset with the situation, the victim was quickly calmed by a whitty Martinez as he explained to the victim how he had actually saved his life. Had he not knocked him out Yoshi/Caputo probably would have tag teamed him WWF style and he'd be eating apple sauce for the rest of his life. A broken nose, missing tooth and loss of his model girlfriend is a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things. On a side note, Martinez won over the rest of his teamates when he had the girlfriend strip in the locker room early this week. Word is even TO enjoyed the show, and she's been asked back for an encore. Martinez has not missed an open receiver since he started getting laid 10 days ago.

That's what I heard anyway...

Post of the year candidate. Epic stuff KC.