Lavonte Bulking up for Big 10 Play

"David's ultimate goal is to reach 230 pounds, although he admits 225 might be more realistic. He's already at 221 and says it's easier to add the weight during the offseason, when his training schedule is more focused and routine. (Most players lose weight during the season.)"

LINK

Hopefully he can add mass without losing the speed that was vital to his on the field success.

Big10 or no Big10 if he wants to play in the NFL he has to put on size. It can only help in terms of taking-on blockers. We'll see how it affects his speed. On the plus side it isn't like he's had access to the kind of nutrition and training he'll get here before, so it's possible he could have nice gains without forsaking speed.

I just want him to keep a similar speed. But isn't it possible for him to gain speed by bulking up too? Didn't Helu actually gain speed when he bulked up 10 pounds? I know this is a different circumstance and 235 is different than like 215 (or whatever Helu got to) though, but is if he gains muscle and more fast twitched muscle fibers is it really going to be a change? Correct me if I am totally wrong (which I probably am, because I don't know much about this)

I just want him to keep a similar speed. But isn't it possible for him to gain speed by bulking up too? Didn't Helu actually gain speed when he bulked up 10 pounds? I know this is a different circumstance and 235 is different than like 215 (or whatever Helu got to) though, but is if he gains muscle and more fast twitched muscle fibers is it really going to be a change? Correct me if I am totally wrong (which I probably am, because I don't know much about this)

When I competed in college athletics we did many explosive lifts which also help you good weight.

I gained 10 pounds and lost .2 seconds on my forty time my freshmen year of college :dunno

I gained 40 pounds and added several seconds to my 40 yard dash my freshman year of college. I was on the beer and burrito diet. Brass Rail with a stop at Taco Bell (in my day there was one right off campus downtown). :include

I gained 10 pounds and lost .2 seconds on my forty time my freshmen year of college :dunno

I gained 40 pounds and added several seconds to my 40 yard dash my freshman year of college. I was on the beer and burrito diet. Brass Rail with a stop at Taco Bell (in my day there was one right off campus downtown). :include

I think it's called the Andre Almeida diet...

Fake ID or took a few years off after high school?

Also, if you were to spend a lot of time at the Brass Rail today there is a good chance that the itching emanating from your crotch would hamper your 40 time.