Official now???

I wonder if a possible reason for Brown to coach RBs is his recruiting ability. We won't be getting many high profile receivers no matter how good he is, because of the type of QBs we have and the offense we run. But since we are moving toward a run-heavy system, why not get a guy who recruits well and coaches well at that position?

Who says its run heavy? Just because its physical doesn't mean its run heavy. It will be very balanced and I bet we'll see bigger plays by the WRs.

Beck has never coached QBs, Brown has never coached RBs, Fisher hasn't coached much of anything. If nothing else we'll be getting some new things out of them. I'm curious why Brown didn't take over WR/TE like prior, and Fisher RBs. Maybe Fisher was more comfortable with WRs?

Maybe that's how we snagged his player. :dunno Seems to happen in basketball much more than football.

The timing wasn't quite right though - Taariq committed back at the end of October. I can't imagine Gilmore was already on his way out, and Fisher possibly in at that point. Then again - we were all calling for Gilmore's head after the Texas game 10/16 so maybe Fisher knew something we didn't. Kind of a stretch though.

I don't think he's a game changing type receiver that you offer his coach a job to get him to come here. Beside I'm pretty sure I remember reading that Fisher called Carl and push his kid on us.

Our coaches recruit regions more so than positions. While recruits still interact with their position coaches the primary recruiters are whoever covers that area - Barney had little to do w/ a few of the OL recruits even though people credit him for the haul. Same goes for plenty of our other recruits, so I can't think that had much to do w/ it.

I hope if they throw the TEs into the OL that it doesn't impact Reed's development as a go-to type of guy.

Our coaches recruit regions more so than positions. While recruits still interact with their position coaches the primary recruiters are whoever covers that area - Barney had little to do w/ a few of the OL recruits even though people credit him for the haul. Same goes for plenty of our other recruits, so I can't think that had much to do w/ it.

I hope if they throw the TEs into the OL that it doesn't impact Reed's development as a go-to type of guy.

Sounds like Garrison will get O line and TEs once they announce his promotion. They'll be in good hands.

Sounds like Garrison will get O line and TEs once they announce his promotion. They'll be in good hands.

This is what I was wondering. No talk of Garrison in the coaching changes. I would guess garrison would be lead on TEs and co-oline coach with "the final remnant that needs to go."

This is what I was wondering. No talk of Garrison in the coaching changes. I would guess garrison would be lead on TEs and co-oline coach with "the final remnant that needs to go."

I would think that Garrison would work with C/OG as he played C, and Barney would get T, possibly TEs.

Maybe they make the TE more of a H-back, and let Brown coach them, too?

I don't. I think the entire OL should get their marching orders from one guy, to be philosophically consistent. Garrison is supposed to be a technician, isn't he? And Barney, well, he doesn't exactly have that reputation. I don't want to see half our OL being pulled in different directions.

I would think that Garrison would work with C/OG as he played C, and Barney would get T, possibly TEs.

Maybe they make the TE more of a H-back, and let Brown coach them, too?

Your thinking is wrong then, at least according the the unnamed athletic department member I spoke to. Sounds like there is a good chance they might do their song and dance on this one yet today. . .but who knows what could happen.

I don't. I think the entire OL should get their marching orders from one guy, to be philosophically consistent. Garrison is supposed to be a technician, isn't he? And Barney, well, he doesn't exactly have that reputation. I don't want to see half our OL being pulled in different directions.

If you want to get really techinical about it, based on weight he'll only coach 37.99% - Barney can't infect the entire unit without a majority so I think we're ok here.

OT - Sirles (310 lbs)

OT - Jones (315 lbs)

OG - ARod (325 lbs)

OG - QVale (320 lbs)

OC - Caputo (275 lbs)