Best Personal Sports Achievement

Alright gang, just for kicks, I think it'd be fun to see just how much talent the Huskers are leaving on the table. Respond with your own greatest sports achievement (whether it be a team or individual accomplishment) from college, H.S., pee-wee, little league, or whatever. Should the coaching staff be looking to Huskerboard when recruiting the next batch of studs?

You want the truth? or fiction? Have a feeling we might have the most talented crop of athletes on the internet. :lol:

nothing big with me--

2nd Team District- Football

1st Team SW Iowa and Honorable Mention All-State- Baseball

Had more memorable moments on the baseball diamond, Football we were horrible...

I will play. These are all truthful and the stats and numbers are accurate to the best of my memory. However they may not be what you expect... ;)

Baseball - I made 6 straight all-star district teams and was invited to play on all region tournament teams from 2nd grade through 7th grade. Also I had not played baseball since I was 16 and was asked to fill in by my brother for a summer team in a highly competitive league when I was 24. I had not swung a bat in 8 years, but went 4-5 with 2 doubles. Just between us my eyes were closed on the first hit which was a gapper to right center....still dont know how i hit that one. :lol:

Bowling - I grew up small town, so bowling was kinda where it was at when I was young. I was league MVP 3 times in Keglers (youth) and 1 time in a young adult league. I was 12 when i won in the young adult league. I have never thrown a 300, however i have picked up a 7 - 10 split. BOOYAH!

Golf - I suck, but still play because every once in a while i have a great shot. I have holed a shot from about 50 yrds with SW....yes i hit from the fairway....its my best short club :facepalm: That shot was good enough for a double bogey. :thumbs Also last year i hit the pin and rolled about 3 feet from the cup from around 220 yrds with a hybrid 3. It was a great shot on a slight downhill dog left. Have no idea how i lucked that one either...

Basketball - In my first ever school game (8th grade) I came off the bench to score 18 of my teams 32 total points and lead us to a nice victory. Later in my career I went for 38 and 7 in a summer jam game. My sophomore year I won a team dunk contest on 9' rims. I also had the honor of being dunked on by both JaRon and Kareem Rush

Football - I backed up 2 different all-state players on O and D my Jr and Sr years (Rush DE and OT). I once had 6 sacks, 3 more TFL including a safety and 7 more tkls in one game my JR year. 16 total tackles. It was by far my best game. I ended a split varsity and jv season with 16 sacks ( i believe ) and 70+ tkls. I also won the Coaches player of the year award my SR season. Lovingly known as the "i didnt win any other awards but probably deserved one, so the coaches choose to give me this award" award.

Racquetball - I took this class in college and I was class champion and took second in the all class tourney.

Coach K College Basketball for Sega G. - I was ultimate champion at this game. I many times would run undefeated through my friends. I once let one friend borrow the game for one month before his b-day party so that he could practice for the tourney before the b-day sleep over. I meet him in the championship game and won by 20+ pts. The one and only time he ever beat me the celebration was of epic proportions and would be a #1 YouTube hit for the sure giddiness and dancing that followed his 3 pt miracle shot.

Basketball: #1 in the state in rebounding for class D2 for 2/3 of the season before I got pneumonia (i still played, but my performance/stats took a big hit). At a measly 6'0", going up against guys several inches taller most nights, I averaged over 11 boards a game to rank first. Also would have most likely ranked first in the state (according to my coach) in blocked shots per game, if they kept track of the stat in huskerland prep...averaged over three a game, and had seven blocks in two separate games. All during my senior year.

Best game was a 20 point, 20 rebound, 6 assist losing effort against Heartland Lutheran.

Football: Played defensive end and tight end. Highlight of the season was against Prague, I caught 2 passes for 56 yards and both going for touchdowns, and had 12 total tackles, 3 of which were sacks.

I've got a couple HS football stats that I remember:

1. Junior year - Played 2nd string LB all year until our starter was knocked out cold by our free safety in the fourth quarter of a tight game. I went in and made a game-winning interception (the only of my career). The very next week I started due to the 1st stringers concussion and recorded 20 tackles (11 solo). I started the following week and was pulled after the first series (after recording two tackles in 5 plays)so the regular starter could play. What a load of bs.

2. Senior year - I was moved to DE (I guess because of my stellar performance previously) and had never played the position before. Started out like 4th string and was the starter by the first game. That season, we actually beat 2 ranked teams in class C-1 and became ranked for the first time in 6 or 7 years. The highlight was my season total of I think 17 or 18 sacks for -112 yards. My favorite 2 were against the best qb in the class who went on to play for 2 DII national titles at NW Missouri State. I didn't know I had it in me, but it was a fun year.

more seriously...

I just played soccer when I was in HS (and the many years leading up to it). Freshman/Sophomore years. Freshman year we went 9-1. I scored 11 goals as a forward. Which when you consider 2/3 goals a game...that averages to about half of the goals.

After high school I stopped playing until a few years ago. Now it's just a competitive men's league once a week I play in.

I played lots of tennis through high and college and teamed with the Captain of my ship to win the squadron doubles championship when I was in the Navy but then basically quit playing for about 15 to 20 years. In the early 90ies I took up the sport again and over a period of two and a half years won 9 tournament doubles championships with 6 different partners. Don't really know how good a player I was but I sure as hell could pick my partners. Problems with shoulder and elbow ended my run but it sure was fun.

T_O_B

:corndance:nanalama:corndance

3 on 3 charity basketball tourney at the University of Arizona. Most of the teams featured UA football players with too-serious intra-mural types and a few had Wildcat basketball players on them. Played with 4 other air force firefighters.

In the finals, we beat a team with none other than Channing Frye on it. I didnt play a lot (my girlfriend at the time was a sorority chick that helped organize the whole thing, and was the only reason we were in the damn thing), but I hustled like heck like a Nebraska boy does, grabbed a couple rebounds and he likely was taking it easy when I nailed a 3 in his face. It wasnt a game winner, but we won and put a trophy in the case back at the station. Good ol' Uncle Sam paying for our daily 'workouts' playing basketball at the station paid off.

other than that, pretty average high school sports careers. qualified for state wrestling a couple times, never placing with an overall record of 2-4, set my schools record for takedowns in a year, returned kicks and punts and led my team in interceptions (5) my senior year returning two for td's, blah blah blah. Just your average overachieving runt.

Wow Va Husker Fan, I bow to you. I just completed my first 1/2 marathon. I loved and I did well, but I wll not be doing a full marathon. I am still proud and look forward to my 1/2.

In my youth I was the Nebraska qualifer for the National Hersey's Track meet in the 200. I was an anchor of our state record breaking relay team. I was on two softball teams that made to the semi finals in two consectutive years. One of the those we went to the finals and lost.

I also was the Nebraska state barrel racing champion, and the mid states rodeo rookie of the year when I was 18. That is if you consider equine events sports