Nebraska vs Texas ..win?

Outside looking in..... I don't see the athletes on this team to beat Texas. I saw the second half of the OU game and outside the PG, not much there, IMO, potential but it's going to be tough. The ball movement needs to be better, too much passing around the perimeter, no slashing, and you have to get back on "D". Would be a huge upset if they pull it off though, good luck squad!

I really don't see much of a way for NU to win tomorrow. Texass has been playing very well. NU is going to have to play damn near perfect (which they haven't done yet this year, even in their better games) and their gonna have to catch UT napping. Like Doc always says, hopefully at the 4:00 mark this team still has a chance to win the game. I'll be happy if that's the case. Either way, the Bob should be rocking tomorrow, gonna be fun!

EDIT: Started thinking, would like to add some stuff:

Tomorrow's biggest key might be Diaz and Ubel. Diaz has been starting to turn it up since the KSU game and after the OU game looks like he could be poised to break out at some point. UT will give him much bigger matchup problems than OU though, so he'll really have to sack up. Ubel puzzles me; I think I hate him and he looks so bad, yet he finds ways to do things well. If he can add a solid 8 points and 5 rebounds tomorrow that could be huge.

Lance is gonna have to run the show. Push the ball because it's going to be hard to score agains UT in the half court when you're as out-athleted as NU will be. When NU NEEDS a bucket, Lance or B-rich has to take it to the hoop. We all know what Lance can do, but B-rich has been good all year also when he decides to go. Problem is, he seldom gets aggressive enough.

Shut down Douche Balbay. UT has many great shooters to worry about, I just don't want Douche scoring a single point, I hate that sob. If Jeter would lay him out once and knock him out of the game, I wouldn't care if NU went on to lose, I'd be happy.

Toney McCray - everyone knows what you could potentially do, as do you (evidenced by his eagerness to shoot the last few games) so just freakin do it tomorrow.

Caleb Walker - crash the boards like there's no tomorrow, you're about the only chance at stopping second chances for UT.

Drake Beranek - if Doc puts you in, shoot the damn bsll. I don't know if I've seen you miss a pull up jumper all year and 4 or 5 threes would be nice as well. Get Bear to nail a couple with you and you might have somethin cookin.

Here is the deal. Texas is a good team playing absolutely great right now. They can hurt ya in so many ways, inside, outside, running the floor, or in the half court.

I think NU can match up with Tejas' backcourt very well. But down low...Here in lies the problem IMO. McCray has the body type and athleticism to matchup with either Hamilton, Thompson, or Johnson. ANy of the other guys(Almeida, Diaz, Ubel) will get eaten alive albeit strength wise or quickness. And if Toney gets into any kind of foul trouble...big problems.

Now saying all that. Texas is a usual suspect when it comes to laying eggs in the Bob. I can't say they will overlook NU(absolutely assinine the way Doc gets the guy to play D and the record at home), but it could be close.

I just don't think it happens. A win and it is a huge tourney resume scalp, but it is a tall task and I just don't like the matchups. Let me drink some more and then sleep on it to divulge deeper tomorrow.

For some reason I am more confident about this game than I was when we played Kansas here in Lincoln. Sure Texas has more athletes but I think they are more susceptible to an upset. This may be a different Texas team, but over the years they have had one or two let down games and I think this might be one of them. To me the main key is not letting them get out to an early lead. Just stay with them for the first 5 minutes and that will help us out.

Everyone on here makes good points. I think the key today will definitely be aggressiveness. I too have despised watching Diaz for most of the year. But the past few games, he is showing some life and starting to look like a player that Doc thinks he can be. Jeter has definitely improved from last year and I don't think Douche Ballbag will be able to frustrate him like he did last year. Ubel has been showing some more aggressiveness as of late. I could go on, but I realize I am just reiterating what everyone has already said. Keep it close and it will be a fun one today. GBR!!!

I'm sorry to say this but I don't see any possible way that we can win this game. Texas is #6 in the nation in rebounding and we absolutely blow at rebounding, so I think Texas will get too many second chance opportunities on offense. Also, Jordan Hamilton is easily one of the top 5 players in the country. Texas is also on an 11 game win streak, against our 2 game win streak. I expect Doc Sadler to play a stupid 2-3 zone against Texas, which is really dumb when you play GOOD teams that can actually make the three. I really really really hope I am proven wrong in the next couple hours, but I just don't see us making this a close game.

Tip off is at 12:35pm CST this game is available on the Big 12 Network or ESPN 3.

How to watch on ESPN3.com

2. Go to ESPN3.com
  3. Scroll down to "1:30PM BASKETBALL Texas vs. Nebraska" and click "Texas vs. Nebraska"
  4. It will ask you to select ISP, Select "AT&T" and press the red box that says "Continue"
  5. AT&T page will come up, log in with following info:
    AT&T Member ID: watchnebvstexas
    Choose Domain: att.net
    Password: texassucks1
  6. You will be redirected to the espn3 site, click the Texas vs Nebraska game again
  7. You can now watch!

• Fire 2

Slept on it and the hangover doesn't give me anymore optimism than I had last night. I just do not like the matchups down low for NU. Way to much athleticism in burnt orange and white. Their strength and quickness will give Diaz, Almeida and Ubel fits all game. This is the kind of game in which McCray gets into foul trouble cause he will be caught in a helpside defensive position a ton today.

And Parl Celini, actually NU has been suprisingly good rebounding the ball. They have out rebounded most Big XII teams including KU in Lawrence. However, their bugaboo still remains giving up second chance points like you said. They are a little better this year, but still it is one of my keys to every game.

Best matchup to look for today Matt Hill vs Brian Diaz. It may look like a pillow fight down on the low block

Tip off is at 12:35pm CST this game is available on the Big 12 Network or ESPN 3.

How to watch on ESPN3.com

2. Go to ESPN3.com
  3. Scroll down to "1:30PM BASKETBALL Texas vs. Nebraska" and click "Texas vs. Nebraska"
  4. It will ask you to select ISP, Select "AT&T" and press the red box that says "Continue"
  5. AT&T page will come up, log in with following info:
    AT&T Member ID: watchnebvstexas
    Choose Domain: att.net
    Password: texassucks1
  6. You will be redirected to the espn3 site, click the Texas vs Nebraska game again
  7. You can now watch!

IT WORKED!!!! :w00t

+1