Much like Gill was the odd man out his last years

Cotton is the lesser of the 3 evils IMO. The OLine was okay at times last year (horrible in the Big XII CCG), they were even dominant at times (Oklahoma State game). The important thing is that some1 was brought in to supervise Cotton.

Shawn Watson had to go, it just wasnt working. Wide receiver play was completely unacceptable this year, Ted Gilmore absolutely deserved to get fired.

Dont get me wrong, I wouldnt mind seeing Cotton canned

It was just time, just like Turner moved on to Green Bay. I love Turner. Just like Turner, Wats and Gilmore will always be Huskers in my mind. They gave their best, it was just time to move on.

Good Luck Wats in Louisville.

Good Luck TG at USC.

Wish them all the best.

I'm probably in the minority here but I have no sympathy for Shawn Watson. Nebraska shouldve played for a national championship in 2009, & we didnt because of Shawn Watson's horrendous offense. Yes, people will say its not Shawn Watsons fault. In my mind, when you make a 6 figure salary, its your f&^%ing fault when something goes as wrong as that did. Also, he never once took any blame, all u heard come out of his mouth were excuses, excuses & more excuses. I have no sympathy for Shawn Watson, I could care less whether or not he has success in his new job.

I'm not sure they should be described as "the odd man out." They performed a service for us in that they provided that link of continuity that coaches find valuable when there's a change at the top. Callahan did it with Gill, who did his job well, and Wats/Gilmore did it and performed their "bridge" jobs well, too.

Gill, Wats and Gilmore could have all taken the pink slip and found other jobs right away, but agreed to stay on through regime change to help the kids transition from one staff to the other. I appreciate their time here, and wish them all the best.

sure Wats gave it his all, but the guy was just so damn unorthodox in his play calling and adjustments, he was with us at least a year too long and fortunately has now moved on. i don't expect him to be a huge success at Louieville, but he will be a better addition that Cosgrove was at Minnesota, that is a given.

Cotton is the lesser of the 3 evils IMO. The OLine was okay at times last year (horrible in the Big XII CCG), they were even dominant at times (Oklahoma State game). The important thing is that some1 was brought in to supervise Cotton.

Shawn Watson had to go, it just wasnt working. Wide receiver play was completely unacceptable this year, Ted Gilmore absolutely deserved to get fired.

The only reason they dominated Oklahoma State is because they had one of the worst defenses in the country. Our offensive line really underperformed most of the season.

I'm probably in the minority here but I have no sympathy for Shawn Watson. Nebraska shouldve played for a national championship in 2009, & we didnt because of Shawn Watson's horrendous offense. Yes, people will say its not Shawn Watsons fault. In my mind, when you make a 6 figure salary, its your f&^%ing fault when something goes as wrong as that did. Also, he never once took any blame, all u heard come out of his mouth were excuses, excuses & more excuses. I have no sympathy for Shawn Watson, I could care less whether or not he has success in his new job.

Why all the hate towards a guy that tried his best and has now moved on? I dislike the performance of Callahan and Cosgrove, but I still wish those guys the best. No matter how big a fan you are or how much you care about Husker football, it's still just a game played by kids.

Why all the hate towards a guy that tried his best and has now moved on? I dislike the performance of Callahan and Cosgrove, but I still wish those guys the best. No matter how big a fan you are or how much you care about Husker football, it's still just a game played by kids.

Is it "hate" to call Watson out for the underperformance of his unit? I think it's pretty safe to say Watson did not always try his best. There were plenty of times where he basically threw in the towel, both in games and on certain players. 2010 was not Watson's best effort, not by a long shot.

Is it "hate" to call Watson out for the underperformance of his unit? I think it's pretty safe to say Watson did not always try his best. There were plenty of times where he basically threw in the towel, both in games and on certain players. 2010 was not Watson's best effort, not by a long shot.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but there's no way to determine how much any coach tried for any game or even over a season. Even Osborne had fans who thought he sucked as an OC and wasn't passionate enough, and now he's revered as one of the best of all time. I have no problem with criticism of Watson, his side of the ball had plenty of stinkers, but I'm questioning the "hate" towards him personally - especially after he's left. I just don't like it when fans let their passion for the game spill out beyond the game itself.

But we don't stop talking about a coach or a player simply because they've moved on. It's fair game to say that Tommie Frazier sucked in the 1993 Orange Bowl - he did, and he admitted it. In the same way it's also fair game to say Watson sucked in 2010 - whether he admits it or not. That's not hate, that's just conversation.

I suggest you re-watch that game. The loss wasn't on the o-line. It was on poor play calling, and an under-developed QB not being told to throw it away. Taylor had 5+ seconds before getting sacked multiple times. That's not the offensive line's fault.