Wyoming excited to host the Huskers

knapplc

Huskers highlight Wyoming's 2011 football schedule

Laramie, WY - Wyoming fans will have an opportunity to see one of the nation's great, traditional football programs during the 2011 season when the Nebraska Cornhuskers make their first-ever appearance in Laramie on Sept. 24. Wyoming and Nebraska share a history that dates back to 1934 when they first met on the football field. The two schools' histories also include sharing legendary college football coach Bob Devaney, who served as head coach of both the Cowboys and Huskers during his College Football Hall of Fame career. UW and NU have played five previous times -- all previous games being played in Lincoln, Neb. The last meeting was in 1994.

"Having Nebraska play in Laramie is something I know many Cowboy fans have wanted to see happen for years," said Tom Burman, University of Wyoming Athletics Director. "Hosting Texas a couple of years ago was an amazing experience for our fans, but I expect Nebraska's appearance will exceed that game in fan interest.

"We anticipate the demand for tickets to this game will be the greatest of any game we've ever hosted at Wyoming. The only way for fans to assure themselves a ticket to the game is by purchasing a season ticket. We want to make sure that all of our fans have enough advance notice to be able to purchase a season ticket, and so that is why we are putting this information out as early as we are."

I think it's interesting that they say we're the "highlight" of their 2011 schedule, even though they host last year's #2 team, TCU (AP/Coaches). They're also using this as a vehicle to sell season tickets, a ploy which I'm sure will work quite well for them. I anticipate that their stadium will be 75% Red this Fall.

Being a student at UW, this game is going to be a joke.

Wyoming has lost Carta-Samuels, their only quarterback left on the roster, arguably their best defensive back in Shameel Gary,and have an offense that would make Nebraskas look proficient to say the least.

I cant wait to wear the Red and Creme in the student section as we roll by 4 Td's.

Wyoming has lost Carta-Samuels, their only quarterback left on the roster, arguably their best defensive back in Shameel Gary,and have an offense that would make Nebraskas look proficient to say the least.

I cant wait to wear the Red and Creme in the student section as we roll by 4 Td's.

Good to see another UW student on the board!

Didn't realize this was in Laramie. I'll make the hour and fifteen drive from Fort Collins then. Be wary - I've been to a Colorado State game in Wyoming, those fans can get rowdy.

I was kicking it around too. Have family in the Ft. Collins area, but I'll prolly be going out there in August.

I'd love to get tickets.

only 4 tds?

Huskers highlight Wyoming's 2011 football schedule

Laramie, WY - Wyoming fans will have an opportunity to see one of the nation's great, traditional football programs during the 2011 season when the Nebraska Cornhuskers make their first-ever appearance in Laramie on Sept. 24. Wyoming and Nebraska share a history that dates back to 1934 when they first met on the football field. The two schools' histories also include sharing legendary college football coach Bob Devaney, who served as head coach of both the Cowboys and Huskers during his College Football Hall of Fame career. UW and NU have played five previous times -- all previous games being played in Lincoln, Neb. The last meeting was in 1994.

"Having Nebraska play in Laramie is something I know many Cowboy fans have wanted to see happen for years," said Tom Burman, University of Wyoming Athletics Director. "Hosting Texas a couple of years ago was an amazing experience for our fans, but I expect Nebraska's appearance will exceed that game in fan interest.

"We anticipate the demand for tickets to this game will be the greatest of any game we've ever hosted at Wyoming. The only way for fans to assure themselves a ticket to the game is by purchasing a season ticket. We want to make sure that all of our fans have enough advance notice to be able to purchase a season ticket, and so that is why we are putting this information out as early as we are."

I think it's interesting that they say we're the "highlight" of their 2011 schedule, even though they host last year's #2 team, TCU (AP/Coaches). They're also using this as a vehicle to sell season tickets, a ploy which I'm sure will work quite well for them. I anticipate that their stadium will be 75% Red this Fall.

I can't tell if you're serious. We will be lucky to have more than 10,000 Huskers in the stadium, which is 30%.