Prince Blaaaaazing

I just can't believe there were ever questions about his speed!

He has always had a reputation here as an absolute speed demon. Like, really really fast.

Then again, Niles was supposed to be too. I sort of can't get over that Zac Lee could probably come close to what Niles did at the combine.....

What?

And I was wondering what Lee was doing at the combine..Or is he farming?

Zac Lee runs a ~4.6 forty.

im fully prepared for slaughter, been considering this a long time. wasnt impressed much with prince this year honestly, especially top 10 pick worthy. the worst thing that could have happened to prince this year did- he was the fastest, most elite back of a numbers heavy secondary...4-5-even 6 guys playing essentially corner/safety hybrid spots. prince realistically learned/gained NOTHING this year as a true island corner, and as evidence I submit the OSU shellacking he took. completely unprepared for an elite, NFL caliber wide out with a cagey old gunslinger throwing to him, and being zeroed in on. You cant paint it pretty, gundy singled him out, and he was destroyed. every single week he is going to see that in the nfl. patrick peterson was a 'no fly zone' as well, with a far worse secondary around him, and still finished the year with an improved interception number of 4. Did he take some licks? Sure, but he actually played. I just cant help but look at Prince's year and be so torn...on one side glad he was guarding a third of the field perhaps excellently, on the other, disappointed that he didnt get pushed at all. Too quiet. Nothing extraordinary was asked of this supposedly extraordinary athlete. NOTHING. Patrick Peterson had a single game with 257 return yards and a TD...had a game with 2 int's...he showed up all over the field... and now with the impending lockout...oh geez...two years of not being challenged...that doesnt make a lockdown corner guys. theyre more rare than top notch qb's.

prince will be one of the bigger disappointments of this years draft, especially in the arena of what husker fans are expecting of him. As good as he is, he is a true NFL project. Ill be surprised if he has anything close to a ralph brown type career, who while never an elite/regular starting corner is an amazing 10 year vet, making his way with special teams and nickel/dime play, and was drafted 5th round.

im fully prepared for slaughter, been considering this a long time. wasnt impressed much with prince this year honestly, especially top 10 pick worthy. the worst thing that could have happened to prince this year did- he was the fastest, most elite back of a numbers heavy secondary...4-5-even 6 guys playing essentially corner/safety hybrid spots. prince realistically learned/gained NOTHING this year as a true island corner, and as evidence I submit the OSU shellacking he took. completely unprepared for an elite, NFL caliber wide out with a cagey old gunslinger throwing to him, and being zeroed in on. You cant paint it pretty, gundy singled him out, and he was destroyed. every single week he is going to see that in the nfl. patrick peterson was a 'no fly zone' as well, with a far worse secondary around him, and still finished the year with an improved interception number of 4. Did he take some licks? Sure, but he actually played. I just cant help but look at Prince's year and be so torn...on one side glad he was guarding a third of the field perhaps excellently, on the other, disappointed that he didnt get pushed at all. Too quiet. Nothing extraordinary was asked of this supposedly extraordinary athlete. NOTHING. Patrick Peterson had a single game with 257 return yards and a TD...had a game with 2 int's...he showed up all over the field... and now with the impending lockout...oh geez...two years of not being challenged...that doesnt make a lockdown corner guys. theyre more rare than top notch qb's.

prince will be one of the bigger disappointments of this years draft, especially in the arena of what husker fans are expecting of him. As good as he is, he is a true NFL project. Ill be surprised if he has anything close to a ralph brown type career, who while never an elite/regular starting corner is an amazing 10 year vet, making his way with special teams and nickel/dime play, and was drafted 5th round.

Let me get this straight, your saying Prince is not top 10 material because of one game where he got beat for a TD(I think Blackmon made everyone look stupid this year) and because he had no ints.

To me, the only thing Peterson has over Prince is the fact that he did return punts and everyone is enamored over that. If Prince were given the chance, he might have done just as good or better. But strictly corner to corner, I will put my money on Prince. no bias

Uh, LSU's pass defense was #10. We were #5. Much worse? I dunno about that. It's also easier to look good against teams that can't (or don't) throw the ball. Much easier to cover 20 passes a game than a team that runs a 3-4 WR set in a no huddle spread and throws 50+.

Prince got beat on a trick play by possibly the best WR in the country where his safety help got burned looking into the backfield. If the deep man had stayed deep it most likely wouldn't have been a touchdown and quite possibly not even a reception. Excluding the flea flicker Blackmon had 4 catches for 70 yards, hardly a bad day.

Prince got beat on a trick play by possibly the best WR in the country where his safety help got burned looking into the backfield. If the deep man had stayed deep it most likely wouldn't have been a touchdown and quite possibly not even a reception. Excluding the flea flicker Blackmon had 4 catches for 70 yards, hardly a bad day.

And one of those catches was a garbage time 25yd TD with Hagg in coverage with 1:30 left in the game. So.... we have a broken play, a TD catch that prince was nowhere near, and 3 catches for 45 yards. Yeah, he got owned. :bs:

• Fire 1

Prince did a pretty good job of shutting down OU's Ryan Broyles, who's considered an NFL caliber receiver. Also shut down Jordan Shipley in the Big 12 CCG

I dunno if he's better than Peterson (only seem Peterson play last year vs Georgia & this year vs Bama), but he's shut down every receiver he's faced the past 2 years except for Blackmon.