NCAA Tourney Hopes

I for one overreeacted after the KSU and ISU games but I now realize we aren't officially out anymore.

Today in Lunardi's new bracket he had us in his next four out, seventh overall from being in the tourney which is a lot better I would have thought. Today Memphis lost, who was the last team in the tourney, Colorado lost, in the first four out, maryland lost, who was in the next four out but ahead of us, and right now clemson is losing, another team in the first four out. So by this time tomorrow, with all of those other teams losing today we are going to be in the first 4 out which would be outstanding after what happened against ISU and KSU. All we need to do is take care of business at Colorado and we should move even closer to being in.

At this point I think if we win at Colorado, win one Big 12 tourney game, lose the second round game but keep it close we should be in. What a bi-polar season.

It looks good as of now, predicting 6 to get in from the big 12, that means its between us, baylor, and colorado, baylor has texas, so if texas can take care of business and we can beat colorado chances are we would jump into last 4 in even before the tounament, just looking at some schedules it looks like michigan (last 4 in as of now) has michigan state and then the touney, id take state...

It's amazing how beating a Mizzou team with only one conference road win all year can suddenly change everyone's outlook on Nebrasketball.

I expect nothing more/less than a second round NIT loss this year. Mark it down.

It's a game of numbers at this point, not just fans being hopeful.

It's amazing how beating a Mizzou team with only one conference road win all year can suddenly change everyone's outlook on Nebrasketball.

I expect nothing more/less than a second round NIT loss this year. Mark it down.

It's a game of numbers at this point, not just fans being hopeful.

No, it's a game of "we ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO beat Colorado this week." I'm not counting on it.

• Fire 1

I know I am not the only one not buying the last four out figure. As a lot of you know I am a huge NU bball fan, but also a huge realist. So with that bring said, other than the Tejas and A&M wins at HOME, what is impressive about NU's resume?

I know the bubble is very large at this point because of the expanded field, but without a quality road win, a SOS of schedule 64(an even more impressive 291st out of conference), an RPI of 71, and nine wins against opponents with RPI's of 207 or worse what honestly gives some you the hope that they will make it in? Also let's look at another factor that the comittee looks at, the performance over the last 10 games, and with a win over CU it would be 5-5 not with standing any conference tourney games, not exactly setting the world on fire.

The conference is good, but is that more of a product of it being rather top heavy with KU, Tejas, and A&M?

IF NU can do something it seldomly does, and knocks off the Buffs I honestly think it takes a semi final performance and be very competitive in that game to get in. It is almost like no team on the bubble wants to cement their spot, and yes it is up for grabs, but the way things are going I can see more deserving Mid-Major schools than NU AT THIS MOMENT.

I guess we'll see, again as I have stated many a time on this board, I love eating crow served by Doc and the guys. However, actually prove to me ya want in and win on the road. A team that is "turning the corner" as a program wins games like the Big XII closer as well as the ISU game. Until then is it just another case of same ole same ole.

I know I am not the only one not buying the last four out figure. As a lot of you know I am a huge NU bball fan, but also a huge realist. So with that bring said, other than the Tejas and A&M wins at HOME, what is impressive about NU's resume?

I know the bubble is very large at this point because of the expanded field, but without a quality road win, a SOS of schedule 64(an even more impressive 291st out of conference), an RPI of 71, and nine wins against opponents with RPI's of 207 or worse what honestly gives some you the hope that they will make it in? Also let's look at another factor that the comittee looks at, the performance over the last 10 games, and with a win over CU it would be 5-5 not with standing any conference tourney games, not exactly setting the world on fire.

The conference is good, but is that more of a product of it being rather top heavy with KU, Tejas, and A&M?

IF NU can do something it seldomly does, and knocks off the Buffs I honestly think it takes a semi final performance and be very competitive in that game to get in. It is almost like no team on the bubble wants to cement their spot, and yes it is up for grabs, but the way things are going I can see more deserving Mid-Major schools than NU AT THIS MOMENT.

I guess we'll see, again as I have stated many a time on this board, I love eating crow served by Doc and the guys. However, actually prove to me ya want in and win on the road. A team that is "turning the corner" as a program wins games like the Big XII closer as well as the ISU game. Until then is it just another case of same ole same ole.

I agree that it seems asinine, but the guys that know more than me are all saying it's true. Heard on Sports Nightly tonight there are even 2 places that have Nebraska IN. I don't see any possible way NU can be in the conversation, but the fact is they are. And don't discount the fact that the selection committee is human and can be swayed by what they hear and read, and right now they are reading that Nebraska deserves a close look. I'm not going to get my hopes up, because I think it takes a win Saturday AND two GOOD wins in the tourney, and NU has a history of letting me down, but you can't deny that the "smart guys" are high on NU for some reason.