Nebraska Vs Colorado

Did Doc really play 2 players that basically haven't played all year in the most important game of the season? Thank God i didn't have to witness this on tv.

You bet your ass he did. And it is all to the altitude. The altitude threw his game plan to crap. :sarcasm

Seriously, this is an absolutely the lamest excuse for teams that lose in Boulder. Yes it plays a small role, but coaches, players and media make WAY to much of it. It is the end of the season, this team should be in the best shape it has been in.

One step forward, three steps back. It is the NU success program at its finest.

At least bball_backer saw the writing on the wall earlier this week so hopefully he doesn't go all full retard tonight and get thrown in the drunk tank.

Best decision made this year for bball_backer: decide to stay home for this game, hide all the alcohol and expect an NU loss. Sure it made for an extremely gay Saturday night, but at least I know I will wake up tomorrow...

I'm off to bed, where I'll fall asleep rewatching the Mizzou football game.

Oh who am I kidding... I hid the damn booze myself so I know where to find it. I'm home alone tonight, so if one of you guys could slip over later tonight just make sure I'm not drowning in my own vomit I'd appreciate it.

One step forward, three steps back. It is the NU success program at its finest.

At least bball_backer saw the writing on the wall earlier this week so hopefully he doesn't go all full retard tonight and get thrown in the drunk tank.

Best decision made this year for bball_backer: decide to stay home for this game, hide all the alcohol and expect an NU loss. Sure it made for an extremely gay Saturday night, but at least I know I will wake up tomorrow...

I'm off to bed, where I'll fall asleep rewatching the Mizzou football game.

Oh who am I kidding... I hid the damn booze myself so I know where to find it. I'm home alone tonight, so if one of you guys could slip over later tonight just make sure I'm not drowning in my own vomit I'd appreciate it.

Nooooooo, that is exactly what the Nebrasketball team wants. Don't fall into their trap. :ohnoes:hellloooo:ahhhhhhhh

I just find the state of our team laughable... It honestly makes me smile how stupid trying to root for our Bball team makes me feel.

I get off work tonite around 9:45 and tune in to the game on the way home. We're down nine and Jeter (our leader who always puts this team on his shoulders) nails a three. Then we try to get back in it and... What do you know? Diaz "loses" the ball out of bounds.

How many times have I heard that phrase this year? This would be understandable for someone, say, who had rocks instead of hands, but then why the hell would that person get a basketball scholarship?!?! Perhaps before next season Diaz should attempt to learn how to catch a basketball.

the altitude is the lamest excuse out there. Be an athlete! Compete! Science has shown that if you arrive at a high altitude only hours (4-6) before a game, it has little effect on your body.

Thanks to an actual athlete that backs my point! It is a joke and is made WAY to much of.

Take it for what it's worth, but I played sports all my life here in Omaha when I was growing up. I moved to a city with an altitude of approximately 6100 feet in my late teens, where I continued to play football, baseball, and daily pickup basketball games. There was an adjustmant period of about 3-4 weeks, where I fatigued more than I ever had here in Nebraska. I'm small...and have stamina. I never came out of games...ever. I hit lead off in baseball, played point guard, was on the field for almost every single snap in football games as the starting RB, starting CB, and starting kick-off/punt returner. I played center forward/midfielder in soccer. I could run.

There is no question in my mind that altitude impacts stamina, until you're used to it. That said, if you're an athlete in good shape then the altitude shouldn't be debilitating by any means. But you feel it at first. I did anyway.

Annnnnd none of that means anything in terms of last nights debacle. I was pretty hammered at a party, trying to listen to the game on the radio. (The radio! Two bubble teams! Last game of the reg season! No TV coverage? Seriously?) What a Goddawful game. I feel like an idiot for actually thinking we might fight our way into the tourney. I'll still hope for a literal miracle and watch the conference tourney until we're done, though. If the NIT beckons, I'll watch those, too. But disappointment all around it seems. I, for one, am really getting tired of Nebraska failing to field a competetive basketball team. I want some freakin big wins for once. Maybe a Sweet 16 for the love?

Getting frustrating. And tiresome.