NU to Continue Thanksgiving Friday Tradition

From Hawkeyenation.com

Iowa has close to two years to figure out how to make sure student ticket holders that leave town for the Thanksgiving Holiday are able to get their tickets into the hands of Hawkeye fans to attend the game.

loosers *heh* *heh*

Never seem to be a problem for us. Well not since 1962

Actually the Athletic Dept. was s***ing bricks back in 2008 because students weren't showing up to the home games and they were begging students to sell their tickets to the CU game instead of just not going and "eating" the ticket.

This must piss off sCUm fans like no other. Who will they target now with their foul language and urine bombs?

I still miss playing OU, there was a rivalry...

Now the sCUm fans will go to the new kids on their block, so they can brag about their rivalry with us...

This definitely will be a rivalry. CU was not a rivalry...it was make shift. I think a rivalry not only centers around how close games are and when they are scheduled, but I think its how the fan base comes out for that game. Yes NU/CU was a cool day after Thanksgiving game, but can anyone honestly say that it was more of a rivalry then NU, MU?

NU/IA is going to be EPIC...and I thought that before it was scheduled for the weekend after Thanksgiving and still think it with the game now being the day after Thanksgiving. Scheduling it that day just makes it that much better.

From Hawkeyenation.com

Iowa has close to two years to figure out how to make sure student ticket holders that leave town for the Thanksgiving Holiday are able to get their tickets into the hands of Hawkeye fans to attend the game.

loosers *heh* *heh*

Never seem to be a problem for us. Well not since 1962

I am just curious what the percentage of students at UNL are that are within an hour of campus (Lincoln, Omaha and surrounding areas). The last figure I saw was that about 1/4 of the enrollment for UNL was out of state vs. 38% for Iowa. Taking into account that most of the population of Nebraska is closer to Lincoln than the population of Iowa is to Iowa City and you have an issue where students can't just take the day to drive to the game and then go back to being with their families, they have to choose between spending the holiday with their family or going to the football game.

LOL OMG - I keep reading that thread and laugh harder and harder at each and everyone of the posts. Not because of the guys not liking the change but because it sounds EXACTLY like HB arguements would sound, except swap where it says "Iowa" with "Nebraska"

Like this quote - sound familiar?

Hawkrock882

Team MVP

Post #89

MyFanPage

Add Buddy Re: UNL-IOWA moved to Friday after Thanksgiving Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm betting that all the posters who are bitching about this move are the same posters who NEVER want the Iowa football uniforms tweaked, get pissed at fans who stand and cheer at games, or would be excited to see the Iowa B-ball uniforms permanently redone with cursive letters and short 80s-style shorts.

If you have to work, adjust your schedule now. I probably have it off anyway, but just to be safe, I just put my name on the PTO board today for this game. If you are with family, and are a big Iowa (or Nebby) fan, I would assume this would be even better as you can watch the game with more family members. Unless your tradition is to just sit around all Friday and rock back and forth in a rocker with some tea and reflect on everything that happened over the past 50 years of your life. If that's the case, you are already dead.

This is a GREAT move for the future of Iowa football. Now I just hope we don't get raped in the initial meeting...

Posted on 3/7 4:14 PM | IP: Logged