NU to Continue Thanksgiving Friday Tradition

I like how they all think that we are ruining Big 10 tradition by moving the game when both sides and the Big 10 committee approved it. And if I remember correctly, Nebraska doesn't get a vote in things until we become a full member, which isn't for a few years. Now the Big 10 gets two game an national TV instead of one being on regional TV.

I also found it funny that someone posted the Kinnick and Memorial are never going to sell out now, even though we've sold out 300+ consecutive games, let alone the 20 Friday after Thanksgiving games.

I did laugh at this post from the IA site.

MyFanPage

Add Buddy

Re: UNL-IOWA moved to Friday after Thanksgiving Reply

This is awesome but I will bitch about it to my husker fan friends just to give them a hard time.

I will basically tell them the the Huskers got their way, as always, by kicking and screaming like a two year old. It won't be true but I will make up some facts to make it sound like it is. They will then fire back, and I will point out how they are proving my point by acting like a two year old.

I like how they all think that we are ruining Big 10 tradition by moving the game when both sides and the Big 10 committee approved it.

Not only that, but they never played after Thanksgiving, so there was no tradition to break. Petey is just an idiot.

I like how they all think that we are ruining Big 10 tradition by moving the game when both sides and the Big 10 committee approved it.

Not only that, but they never played after Thanksgiving, so there was no tradition to break. Petey is just an idiot.

The Whaaaamublance is coming

I like how they all think that we are ruining Big 10 tradition by moving the game when both sides and the Big 10 committee approved it. And if I remember correctly, Nebraska doesn't get a vote in things until we become a full member, which isn't for a few years. Now the Big 10 gets two game an national TV instead of one being on regional TV.

I also found it funny that someone posted the Kinnick and Memorial are never going to sell out now, even though we've sold out 300+ consecutive games, let alone the 20 Friday after Thanksgiving games.

I am sure it went something like UNL says hey how about putting this game on Fri after thxgiv (has many upsides to it), B10 says humm not a bad idea, Iowa what do you think. As you stated UNL has no say in any of this right now and Iowa could have said NOPE, which Kirk F is known for routine and not upsetting it. It doesnt really matter to me when it played, but if it is your tradition, then I am happy that you are happy, cuz it would have been kind of d-baggie of Iowa to cr@p on your tradition like that. So in the name of good sportsmanship, your welcome. In the name of competetiveness (? sp) Just like the turkey you all will have to stuff your gibblets back in after the pounding you are going to receive. :horns

I don't care if it's that Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or hell, even the following Monday at 2:30 in the morning, I just want to see the boys in red pound the crap outta some birds....

I dont really care either way either. I truely think this game, where it comes at in the season, will be decided by who's team has the most starters left playing for that given season. If Iowa is as banged up as last year, you all should blow them out, if Iowas healthy and you all have lost 3 or 4 starters half way thru the year it's almost certain to go the other way.

If Iowa doesn't want to play us on the Friday after Thanksgiving I'm sure we could find someone who does. Minny or Wiscy or PSU - someone wants the national spotlight that game brings.

If im not mistaken wisconsin tried to get us to sign a deal to play them on black friday but we turned it down. By the way I encourage you all to read iowas message boards more often. There are quite a few spitting uneducated opinions