Could it be something with the code complexity of the games? I personally doubt it, but maybe a more qualified person could tell me right or wrong.

I actually think that is exactly what it is, plus EA Tiburon being lazy. I'm talking out my ass here, but here me out. It seems like EA has being working with the same basic engine since the ending days of PS2, many animations are similar and trajectories of balls etc. Sure they have tweaked things here and there and added features from FrostBite and player momentum from FIFA, but that has been added to the core that is already in place. And now with all the patches and added code things are coming to a head, you fix one problem and create two more. Then instead of taking a year off to fix the game, they say screw it lets make money off these guys and just add new features to a broken game. And voila you have NCAA 12. That has to be the only explanation, other than complete developer incompetence.

Despite having a monopoly on the genera EA could have made a killer game if they had simply fixed the issues with NCAA 11. I mean couldn't we have done without the 3D grass, who honestly looks at that? And the coaching carousel is nice but it is pretty half hearted, same can be said for conference alignment. And I for one could do with out Road to Glory. It was a nice thought but everything about it is just screwed up. Lose all that and you could have more people focused on actually making a good all around game.

After last years fiasco I honestly think this is EA's last chance before they start losing significant sales on these games. People are ticked and I can see a lot of them at the least not pre-ordering NCAA 13 and waiting for used copies.

Oh no, the majority of people are going to keep buying there games. You want to know why? It's because a game is better than no game at all.

Oh I know people are still going to buy the game. There will always be fan boys and at release you probably could have called me one but not now. And I know most talk on the internet is just hot air, but when you have people on EA's boards, IGN's boards, Husker Board and many other places all ripping this game and trading it in less than a month after they bought it something is up. And when you get a user rating of 7.4 after having nothing under 8.1 for the past 5 titles something has got to give. EA may not see right away next year but they lost a lot of loyal fans this year and if they put out a similar product next year they are going to feel it the year after. People are getting stingy with money these days and have no problem waiting to buy a pre-owned game which means EA earns no money unless that person decides to buy an online pass.

Could it be something with the code complexity of the games? I personally doubt it, but maybe a more qualified person could tell me right or wrong.

I actually think that is exactly what it is, plus EA Tiburon being lazy. I'm talking out my ass here, but here me out. It seems like EA has being working with the same basic engine since the ending days of PS2, many animations are similar and trajectories of balls etc. Sure they have tweaked things here and there and added features from FrostBite and player momentum from FIFA, but that has been added to the core that is already in place. And now with all the patches and added code things are coming to a head, you fix one problem and create two more. Then instead of taking a year off to fix the game, they say screw it lets make money off these guys and just add new features to a broken game. And voila you have NCAA 12. That has to be the only explanation, other than complete developer incompetence.

Despite having a monopoly on the genera EA could have made a killer game if they had simply fixed the issues with NCAA 11. I mean couldn't we have done without the 3D grass, who honestly looks at that? And the coaching carousel is nice but it is pretty half hearted, same can be said for conference alignment. And I for one could do with out Road to Glory. It was a nice thought but everything about it is just screwed up. Lose all that and you could have more people focused on actually making a good all around game.

After last years fiasco I honestly think this is EA's last chance before they start losing significant sales on these games. People are ticked and I can see a lot of them at the least not pre-ordering NCAA 13 and waiting for used copies.

Oh no, the majority of people are going to keep buying there games. You want to know why? It's because a game is better than no game at all.

Couldn't be said any better.

• 4 weeks later...