Eyes Glance Ahead to Oct. 8th

Nexus

The game itself doesn’t lack for intrigue, not when you have two title contenders meeting in a place as storied as Lincoln, with a coach like Bo Pelini making a homecoming of sorts against his alma mater and two marquee programs meeting for the first time in more than a half-century. The fact that Jim Tressel and the five Ohio State players already sidelined by the N.C.A.A. won’t return from suspension until this week, Oct. 8, only ramps up the level of excitement surrounding this already-hyped event: come Oct. 8, the hype for Ohio State’s trip to Nebraska will be off the charts.

Continue Reading

Yikes! I have a feeling this will be the most hyped game if the season! It will be devastating if they drop 1 or 2 of those 5 games, then come into Lincoln and steal a win. :bang

Since I really don't care about tOSU and their situation, what does the suspension all consist of? Sitting out just games or all football related activities until the 5 games is up?

Yikes! I have a feeling this will be the most hyped game if the season! It will be devastating if they drop 1 or 2 of those 5 games, then come into Lincoln and steal a win. :bang

Since I really don't care about tOSU and their situation, what does the suspension all consist of? Sitting out just games or all football related activities until the 5 games is up?

The players will still be allowed to practice, just not play. It looks like Tressel will be able to do everything except coach during games.

The players will still be allowed to practice, just not play. It looks like Tressel will be able to do everything except coach during games.

thanks! So since Tressel will still be able to set up the game plan all week I don't see that having that big of impact on them if he can't be on the sidelines for 5 Saturdays.

OMG, don't say that. We don't want a re-occurence of the Texas v. Nebraska game of last year.

OMG, don't say that. We don't want a re-occurence of the Texas v. Nebraska game of last year.

I hear you, but I do think that with last year's experience with UT the players and coaches won't fall into that trap again.

I hear its going to be a Red Out Around the World - Wear Red, Be Loud, Beat Texas Ohio State

I hear its going to be a Red Out Around the World - Wear Red, Be Loud, Beat Texas Ohio State

Yup, that is what i was talking about... quiet confidence will be better this time around!

You took the words right out of my mouth!! We can do without the hype! Blah! Just let them quietly come into Lincoln and just play some good football. We don't need the ESPN Game Day truck and all that hoopla!!

I wish the media wouldn't hype up big games like the Ohio State game. Look what happened with all of the hype for the Texas game last year. Our players played like crap and I believe that all of the hype leading into that game put too much pressure on the players.

The "hype is why we lost the Texas game" hype is overrated. Dropped passes is why we lost the Texas game.

Dropped passes and turnovers which means there was a lack of concentration out there on the field. Lack of concentration is usually caused by bad coaching or hype.