Tougher Conference ?

By joining the Big Ten you will lose all credibility as a team and Mark May will pick against you on principle.

Mark May has always hated Nebraska. Remember he used to be paired with Trev Alberts, former Husker standout, and they bickered constantly - mostly because May doesn't know his butt from his forehead.

• Fire 1

I think there's is an "East Coast" (namely ESPN) bias against the Big 10 and Ohio State.

The "East Coast Bias" is actually in favor of the Big 10. There have been many times, especially through the 90s, when lesser-deserving Big 10 teams were getting a lot of publicity over other teams.

1994 and 1997 in particular come to mind, when both PSU and Michigan got a lot of air time, and Michigan ended up with half a title they didn't deserve, all because of that bias. It all stems from the fact that most of the football-covering media used to be centered in the Northeast, although that is changing now. ESPN in particular used to shill for the Big 10, but they've now switched their love to the $EC.

ESPN was Ohio State Central during the 2006 season. You couldn't be on that channel for three minutes that year without hearing about how dominant tOSU was. I have poor short term memory (for a variety of reasons) but I remember that clear as day.

I think there's is an "East Coast" (namely ESPN) bias against the Big 10 and Ohio State.

Oh yea.. I almost forgot about that.. prepare yourselves to be dissed by ESPN and the rest of the national media.

By joining the Big Ten you will lose all credibility as a team and Mark May will pick against you on principle.

You may get a pass for the first year or two until they remember you are now a part of the Big Ten. It gets comical at times :)

Good point - I think on July 1 Nebraska will suddenly become a slow prodding team who can't compete with the SEC, Oregon, USC,. Forget the past dominance against the SEC. You're a slow Big10 team now.

Mark May has always hated Nebraska. Remember he used to be paired with Trev Alberts, former Husker standout, and they bickered constantly - mostly because May doesn't know his butt from his forehead.

post-7981-084418800 1302106031.jpg