Huskers Draft Thread

Well since the patriots have 3,875 draft picks, I can see them drafting a couple of our guys. Although I wouldn't mind seeing them all go to Detroit! :lol:

This.

Why do the Pats have so many draft picks EVERY YEAR? It seems like the talking heads are mentioning how they could possibly use their dearth of picks year after year.

Well since the patriots have 3,875 draft picks, I can see them drafting a couple of our guys. Although I wouldn't mind seeing them all go to Detroit! :lol:

This.

Why do the Pats have so many draft picks EVERY YEAR? It seems like the talking heads are mentioning how they could possibly use their dearth of picks year after year.

The pats trade players for draft picks more than any team that i can think of. They love to stock pile draft picks for themselves or to trade on draft day.

Any new on Gomes? I know he would be a steal for a team to pick up.

The Pats are a bit short on draft picks next year actually. Look for some trading down this year to recoup the lower round picks they burned on marginal players.

This year that draft stock is almost a disappointment. We were really hoping for a top 5 pick out of the Seymour trade with Oakland. Figures, the one year Oakland rises up and does well...

Apparently some sources are reporting that Dallas doesn't like Prince, which I consider a good thing. The quote from Collinsworth affirms my thought that the Lions may trade up to get him if he's still there at 10.

Regarding the Patriots: Belichick is totally the kind of coach who could take a non-prototypical specimen like Hagg and turn him into a star. Same with Gomes. If both of them fall into free agency, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them end up in New England

dudeguy, have you read anything recently about Akers? I've heard the Eagles have been looking at Henery.

And finally a Helu note: A colleague of mine said the dolphins have worked him out 4 times. Sounds like they really like hime. Walter football has him and Niles going to Dallas

Well, I'm a huge draft junkie, it's one of my favorite times of year for the NFL season. SO I'll get in on this conversation:

Prince Amukamara: 1st round (Projected team: Lions)

Roy Helu: 5th round (Projected team: Dolphins)

Niles Paul: 5th round (Projected team: Vikings)

Pierre Allen: 5th round (Projected team: Titans)

Alex Henery: 6th round (Projected team: Eagles)

Eric Hagg: 6th round (Projected team: 49ers)

Mike McNeill: 7th round (Projected team: Rams)

Dejon Gomes: Undrafted FA

Keith Williams: Undrafted FA

Ricky Henry: Undrafted FA

Mike Smith: Undrafted FA

Adi Kunalic: Undrafted FA

I think one of our UDFA's could be a surprise draft pick, kind've like Cody Glenn for the Redskins a couple years ago. I would also keep an eye on Zac Lee-in such a QB-driven league, a guy like Zac Lee with his pedigree (former NFL quarterback as a dad, pro-style background) could be some form of commodity to somebody as a 3rd stringer.

I based my projected teams on things I've heard. The Dolphins seem to really like Helu, I believe that the Lions will either trade up for Prince or he will fall to them. The Eagles seem to have interest in Henery, and the Rams worked out McNeill. The others were guesses based on the needs of the team. Oh, and the Vikes worked out Paul, too. Forgot to mention that one.

• Fire 1

Well, I'm a huge draft junkie, it's one of my favorite times of year for the NFL season. SO I'll get in on this conversation:

Prince Amukamara: 1st round (Projected team: Lions)

Roy Helu: 5th round (Projected team: Dolphins)

Niles Paul: 5th round (Projected team: Vikings)

Pierre Allen: 5th round (Projected team: Titans)

Alex Henery: 6th round (Projected team: Eagles)

Eric Hagg: 6th round (Projected team: 49ers)

Mike McNeill: 7th round (Projected team: Rams)

Dejon Gomes: Undrafted FA

Keith Williams: Undrafted FA

Ricky Henry: Undrafted FA

Mike Smith: Undrafted FA

Adi Kunalic: Undrafted FA

I think one of our UDFA's could be a surprise draft pick, kind've like Cody Glenn for the Redskins a couple years ago. I would also keep an eye on Zac Lee-in such a QB-driven league, a guy like Zac Lee with his pedigree (former NFL quarterback as a dad, pro-style background) could be some form of commodity to somebody as a 3rd stringer.

I based my projected teams on things I've heard. The Dolphins seem to really like Helu, I believe that the Lions will either trade up for Prince or he will fall to them. The Eagles seem to have interest in Henery, and the Rams worked out McNeill. The others were guesses based on the needs of the team. Oh, and the Vikes worked out Paul, too. Forgot to mention that one.

+1 Good breakdown.

I read that the Dolphins have worked out Helu 4 times, and that the VIkes like Niles too. I don't see a team spending a draft on McNeil though.

Well, the San Francisco Chronicle is pimping local boy Zac Lee:

St. Ignatius' Lee could get the call in the NFL draft

Don't be surprised if the roller-coaster athletic career of St. Ignatius graduate and record-setting City College of San Francisco quarterback Zac Lee takes another twist later this week.

The 2010 Nebraska backup just might get drafted.

College reserves rarely are picked in the NFL draft, but the athletic 6-foot-2, 215-pounder showed extremely well at Nebraska's pro day in front of scouts from all 32 NFL teams last month.

Lee was 28-for-30 throwing, ran the 40 in 4.59 and recorded a 36-inch vertical jump. The last two marks would have ranked third best among quarterbacks had he been invited to the NFL combine.

Zac isn't 6'2", or anywhere near it. Or, if he really is 6'2" then I must be somewhere around 6'5". I'd love to see him drafted, or picked up as a UFA.

I know we all like Zac Lee, hell, I'm a fan of the guy too. But let's not forget, he is not that good of a QB. Ganz barely got signed in FA, and got cut after a month or so, and he's twice the QB Zac ever was.

Again, not dissing the guy, he's just not that good of a QB.