Where does Nebraska rank academically in the Big 10

I don't think that list is very telling. I think US News & World Report has had the definitive college rankings for quite some time. In those rankings the Big Ten appears:

4. Michigan

13. Wisconsin (tied with Texas)

15. Penn State

15. Illinois

18. Ohio State

18. Purdue

23. Minnesota

29. Iowa

32. Indiana

34. Michigan State

47. Nebraska

Since this is a list of Public Universities, U-Chicago and Northwestern are not listed.

Suffice it to say, Nebraska woefully trails academically in the Big Ten. But if it's any consolation, we're ranked right around where Penn State was ranked 20 years ago - just before they joined the Big Ten. The CIC is a powerful thing, a very good thing for UNL.

LINK TO LIST

I don't think that list is very telling. I think US News & World Report has had the definitive college rankings for quite some time. In those rankings the Big Ten appears:

4. Michigan

15. Penn State

15. Illinois

18. Ohio State

18. Purdue

23. Minnesota

29. Iowa

32. Indiana

34. Michigan State

47. Nebraska

Since this is a list of Public Universities, U-Chicago and Northwestern are not listed.

Suffice it to say, Nebraska woefully trails academically in the Big Ten. But if it's any consolation, we're ranked right around where Penn State was ranked 20 years ago - just before they joined the Big Ten. The CIC is a powerful thing, a very good thing for UNL.

LINK TO LIST

This. The CIC is probably the most important thing that is going to happen to Nebraska by virtue of joining the Big 10.

4. Michigan

15. Penn State

15. Illinois

18. Ohio State

18. Purdue

23. Minnesota

29. Iowa

32. Indiana

34. Michigan State

47. Nebraska

LINK TO LIST

This. The CIC is probably the most important thing that is going to happen to Nebraska by virtue of joining the Big 10.

+ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.........

just sayin.......

Doesn't NU only require a 30 on the ACT for a regents scholarship, which is basically a full ride (academically)?

The number it takes to get a scholarship varies year to year based on how many applicants there are from in-state with high ACT scores. Really you'd need a very strong profile outside of the 30 to get it. You would be well off to get a 32+ to improve your chances. I know people with 32s who were not given regents scholarships.

Doesn't NU only require a 30 on the ACT for a regents scholarship, which is basically a full ride (academically)?

The number it takes to get a scholarship varies year to year based on how many applicants there are from in-state with high ACT scores. Really you'd need a very strong profile outside of the 30 to get it. You would be well off to get a 32+ to improve your chances. I know people with 32s who were not given regents scholarships.

Really? I know 3 people who got right on a 30 and got a regents. As long as you're in-state I think the regents is guaranteed above 30 unless they changed it within the last couple of years. But I think it is our graduation rates that are the problem; I remember hearing something about how terrible the grad rates are, but unfortunately I don't remember where I heard that so I can't back it up. Give us a decade or two in the B1G and our academics will improve, slowly but surely.

Really? I know 3 people who got right on a 30 and got a regents. As long as you're in-state I think the regents is guaranteed above 30 unless they changed it within the last couple of years. But I think it is our graduation rates that are the problem; I remember hearing something about how terrible the grad rates are, but unfortunately I don't remember where I heard that so I can't back it up. Give us a decade or two in the B1G and our academics will improve, slowly but surely.

It's based on ACT and class rank. Pretty much if you get a 30, you'll have to be in like top 5% of your class. Then the higher the ACT, the lower you can be in the class and still get a regents.

Look at the SEC schools:

Florida #17

UGA #18

UA #34

AU #38

UT #47

SCar #52

LSU #60

UK #63

Ark #66

Miss #72

Miss St #79

Vandy not listed.

Jim Delaney caught hell a couple years ago (mostly from SEC fans) saying the Big10 was not going to comprise academic standards like some other conferences in order to be more competitive on the football field.