Nexus

Player: Pharaoh Brown

Hometown: Lyndhurst, OH

School: Brush HS

Position: TE

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 220

40 time:

Scholarships: Arizona State, Boston College, Cincinnati, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Louisville, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Syracuse, West Virginia, Bowling Green, Northern Illinois

Committed to Oregon

Rivals: :star :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star :star

He also plays TE at his HS, very athletic kid. With all the great DE's in Ohio this recruiting cycle, you would like to think Nebraska can pull one or two kids from under sweater vests nose.

There's too many for any one team to take. tOSU is the front runner for the best. NU, Wisc, Iowa, PSU, and maybe MSU are all in contention for some players. Not to mention any teams from outside the B1G.

I think we'll get one of the top DE's from Ohio. Just a hunch.

I'd love to get this guy just because of the first name.

Kind of like Derek Slaughter, who will join the team as a walk on LB this fall, or Chris Rock from two years ago.

Derek Slaughter tumps all...some people were just destine for greatness and with a name like that he will be a blackshirt ;)

• 8 months later...

Are we actually in it for this kid, though?

There's been literally no news on him from our end, and the only place he's ever tripped to was Oregon in November.

Rivals lists JP as his lead recruiter, so obviously we couldn't have a better guy on a target we want. But has contact fallen off on our end or are we still actively recruiting him. Based solely on measurables and offer list, I'd love to get this guy :bigredn: , but if the coaches laid off him for some reason I trust them. I was surprised we made the top 5. One would think if we were really pursuing him we'd want to get him to set up a visit in the near future.

michigan is dropping off a lot of guys.... i mean seems like they got their sh#t together this year in terms of recruiting and perhaps are throwing out their scraps they dont want anymore......

**Cough Cough** VIOLATIONS **Cough**

In my mind, it's likely a toss up as to whether or not Hoke is cheating. Michigan is an easy place to recruit to when they're successful and they've been hot this season. They've been a sleeping giant recruiting wise for quite a while during the dark (Rodriguez) ages.

But recruiting violations there wouldn't really surprise me either. Hoke just kind of strikes me as a d-bag to be honest.

But it just strikes me as odd as he comes in and has this kind of recruiting success his first year. Guess time will tell...

michigan is dropping off a lot of guys.... i mean seems like they got their sh#t together this year in terms of recruiting and perhaps are throwing out their scraps they dont want anymore......

**Cough Cough** VIOLATIONS **Cough**

In my mind, it's likely a toss up as to whether or not Hoke is cheating. Michigan is an easy place to recruit to when they're successful and they've been hot this season. They've been a sleeping giant recruiting wise for quite a while during the dark (Rodriguez) ages.

But recruiting violations there wouldn't really surprise me either. Hoke just kind of strikes me as a d-bag to be honest.

But it just strikes me as odd as he comes in and has this kind of recruiting success his first year. Guess time will tell...

Don't get it twisted, Rich Rod brought in plenty of talent to Ann Arbor during his short tenure, he just wasn't a good fit for Michigan and B1G football. That's why Mich had such a quick turn around with better coaches. Like you said Michigan is just and easy place to recruit to.

Michigan tight end commit Pharaoh Brown took an official visit to Oregon — a big no-no for coach Brady Hoke, who has a policy of not allowing his recruits to take official or unofficial visits to other campuses.

Now, it appears Brown no longer is considered a commitment, even though he never formally decommitted to the Wolverines.

"For everybody who wants to know I never de-committed from Michigan," Brown tweeted this week. "They said they don't consider me a commit because my (official visit). That's their policy."