Whats the best and worst concert(s) you've attended?

Best: EdgeFest back in like 97

Hollywood Undead

ICP

Tech N9ne

Blue Man Group

Worst: 311

Bone Thugs (OMG it was horrid)

I don't care what they sound like, concerts need energy, the worst performers are the ones who just aren't into it anymore.

What did you guys think of Skillet?

Their music is catchy, but I usually go for a little harder band. However, some of their songs are good. When they did Awake and Alive with the violinist and cellist that was cool. I know they are a pretty religious band, and the singer did push that angle a little between songs, but they put on a good show.

Plus their drummer is very HOT, and she can wail while drumming pretty impressive.

I've been a fan of theirs for a number of years. Before they got big they did a LOT of touring as an opener for mainstream bands and I heard dozens of people who heard them live, had no idea who they were but thought they rocked, and were entirely shocked to hear that they were a Christian group.

The best:

1- tie, Kings of Leon at the Hollywood Bowl 2010

1-tie, Neil Young, 2009Jazzfest. I never really liked his music, but he is a musician's musician

3-Wheezer, 2010 VooDoo Fest

4-the Pogues, VooDoo Fest

5-Social Distortion- Dallas 2002. So much uglyness and a mosh pit

6-Jane's Addiction

This could change as I am going to see the Foo Fighters and Kid Rock next month

Honorable mention: AcDc in 87, and White Snake and Great WHite in 88. My first concerts so what did I know? Everything without a parent was good. Also does anyone remember Dierks Bently freeshow before the opening ceremony of the 2005 CWS? Not so much him, but how exacting was that CWS

Worst:

1. Kiss, 2009 VooDoo fest. Such a disappointment

2. Creed- maybe 2000? Drunk arse singer ruined the show

3. Clint Black and Winona- maybe 1993. Ok, I don't love country, but I do appreciate a good show no matter what genre and this one sucked

4. Firehouse, Warrant and someone else in Geneva Nebraska maybe 2002. I actually felt bad, they had their hair down and teased, but the few that were there didn't even listen to them

5. OneRepublic- Mandalay Bay. They are good artists, but their music just sounds better on the radio

6. Goo Goo Dolls- Deveany 2003 ish- zero energy

Honorable mention for bad: Better than Ezra, 2003 House of Blues, Posion at the Civic center around 1988, 3 door down, lafayette louisiana

The best:

1- tie, Kings of Leon at the Hollywood Bowl 2010

1-tie, Neil Young, 2009Jazzfest. I never really liked his music, but he is a musician's musician

3-Wheezer, 2010 VooDoo Fest

4-the Pogues, VooDoo Fest

5-Social Distortion- Dallas 2002. So much uglyness and a mosh pit

6-Jane's Addiction

This could change as I am going to see the Foo Fighters and Kid Rock next month

Honorable mention: AcDc in 87, and White Snake and Great WHite in 88. My first concerts so what did I know? Everything without a parent was good. Also does anyone remember Dierks Bently freeshow before the opening ceremony of the 2005 CWS? Not so much him, but how exacting was that CWS

Worst:

1. Kiss, 2009 VooDoo fest. Such a disappointment

2. Creed- maybe 2000? Drunk arse singer ruined the show

3. Clint Black and Winona- maybe 1993. Ok, I don't love country, but I do appreciate a good show no matter what genre and this one sucked

4. Firehouse, Warrant and someone else in Geneva Nebraska maybe 2002. I actually felt bad, they had their hair down and teased, but the few that were there didn't even listen to them

5. OneRepublic- Mandalay Bay. They are good artists, but their music just sounds better on the radio

6. Goo Goo Dolls- Deveany 2003 ish- zero energy

Honorable mention for bad: Better than Ezra, 2003 House of Blues, Posion at the Civic center around 1988, 3 door down, lafayette louisiana

OMG, I almost blacked this one out: Chingy, Ludacris, and someone dude at the Pershing in 2003? HORRIBLE

Haven't been to many...

Best: Foo Fighters @Mid America Center 2007(?)

311 when they played Memorial Park way back

Brewfest a few years ago (Bad Company, Styx, Blue Oyster Cult, Warrant, Foreigner)

I totally forgot about that Foo Fighters concert. I was there too!

Are you going to the one at the end of May?

BEST

1. Family Force 5 at Lifelight 2009

2. Thousand Foot Krutch at Lifelight 2009

3. Hawk Nelson at Northwestern College in Orange City, IA

4. Casting Crowns at 2010 Nebraska State Fair

5. Jason Aldean in 2009 in Kearney, NE

WORST

1. Secondhand Serenade at UNK 2009

No other terrible one stands out.

BEST

1. Family Force 5 at Lifelight 2009

2. Thousand Foot Krutch at Lifelight 2009

3. Hawk Nelson at Northwestern College in Orange City, IA

4. Casting Crowns at 2010 Nebraska State Fair

5. Jason Aldean in 2009 in Kearney, NE

WORST

1. Secondhand Serenade at UNK 2009

No other terrible one stands out.

I have been to every single one of those except Jason Aldean and Secondhand Serenade in Wayne instead of UNK...

I've been to a lot of concerts, so it's hard to winnow it down.

Best: (In no particular order, and not a complete list) My first concert, Helmet at the Ranch Bowl. I got punched in the face in the mosh pit (I was 12...thanks, drunk 25 year old!) and then I had to lie to my parents about my black eye because I was supposed to be at my friend's house studying that night.

Phish at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in San Jose, California. (2000-ish?) Bob Weir came on stage and played with them unannounced.

Bob Dylan/Merle Haggard in St. Louis. (2005-6?) I just love Bob. It would have been a better show 30 years ago, but whatever.

A Few others: A Perfect Circle, Lincoln. The Rolling Stones, Omaha. The Who, Omaha. Phish, Chicago.

Worst:

DMX on the "Ruff Ryder's Tour" at Key Arena in Seattle. (2000) My friends had to really work to convince me to go and I did not pay for my ticket. It was even worse than you can imagine. I remember in the parking lot, people were selling black t-shirts that were Bedazzled with the words "Hott Boyz" on them. They were selling for $25. $25! DMX was like 3 1/2 hours late. The promoters had no idea what to do. Guards were EVERYWHERE in the aisles, making sure no one was "relaxing." (We were.) They had some guy on the mic trying to buy time until DMX was finally cracked out enough to come onstage. At one point, while waiting for the headliner, the guy on the mic goes, "I don't know why all you white people are here tonight, this show is for US!" So I yelled, "I'm here for the drugs!" I got, like, two laughs, and then a bunch of turned, glaring heads. My friends were pretty pissed that happened. (I was the only white guy in our group.) I told them that I didn't care and it wasn't a big deal, but they were furious. Awesome night!

Haven't been to many...

Best: Foo Fighters @Mid America Center 2007(?)

311 when they played Memorial Park way back

Brewfest a few years ago (Bad Company, Styx, Blue Oyster Cult, Warrant, Foreigner)

I totally forgot about that Foo Fighters concert. I was there too!

Are you going to the one at the end of May?

I seen that they were going to be in omaha area, but no. I am going to see them on the beach in gulf shores alabama. Bunch of music, but other headliners are Cee Lo, Widespread Panic, and The Flaming Lips, whom I've seen and loved

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw Foo Fighters again last night at the Mid America center. Motorhead was one of the opening acts, and I was pretty bummed when we saw they didn't make it because of flight delays. Instead Foo Fighters played a three hour set and it was the greatest show I've ever seen, hands down. :horns2

Just saw Foo Fighters again last night at the Mid America center. Motorhead was one of the opening acts, and I was pretty bummed when we saw they didn't make it because of flight delays. Instead Foo Fighters played a three hour set and it was the greatest show I've ever seen, hands down. :horns2

How can God have a flight delay? LEMMY, LEMMY, LEMMY !!!! :band