Whats the best and worst concert(s) you've attended?

Worst Show

1 - Test Fest at Westfair 1997. Three bands played, one I can't remember the name of, Shovel and Taproot. It had been a rainy day and as Disturbed is getting set up lightning hit the stage. And that was it, didnt get to see all the bands I payed to see. They were really close to a riot.

I know when I saw Godsmack for the first time at Westfair in Council Bluffs, they were telling the crowd that the last time they play at Westfair that lightning hit the stage so they didn't come out and play. The crowd got upset and started throwing mud balls in the crowd and on stage.

After the lightning hit, the organizers came out and said its just a delay. Time dragged on and they came back out and told the crowd that they needed a couple hours, go grab some food in Council Bluffs, and in two hours they would have open gates and free readmission. As they were announcing this, the crowd is chanting 'Bull S***' and throwing water bottles. As soon as people left the gates, they slammed them shut, locked it down and said its cancelled.

Best:

Kingsman - 1964, Panama City Fla ( thanks big brother...)

Stones - 1966, HIC in Hawaii ( first 'concert' date )

Greatful Dead - 1974, UW Seattle ( Cartman would have had a seizure. "Hippies in the wall..." )

Live Aid 85, Wembley Stadium, U.K. ( too many pints )

Zappa - 1988, Brighton Arena, U.K. ( the man...)

Jimmy Buffett 2010 Nashville ( Night of "The Flood" )

Worst:

Like something else in life, " there's no such thing as bad concert; some's just better than others!"

^

I never got to see the Grateful Dead. Something I'm still kind of bummed about.

Kiss- 1979 Dynasty Tour. Civic Auditorium. I was 9 years old and there was NOTHING better than that concert at the time. I was in awe the entire time!

Phish- 10-21-95. Pershing Auditorium, Lincoln NE. When we drove up and saw a girl just spinning in a circle outside of the venue all by herself with no one within 100 feet of her I knew I was in for a good time! lol

Ween- 11-9-2005- Sokol Hall. (hammered drunk) They played a 30 minute version of Poopship Destroyer! Enough said!

Ween- 4-26-2002 Missouri Theater, Columbia MO. I got absolutely hammered and had brought my fathers large camera with me. Security looked at me and somehow thought I was press so they let me stand in the pit between the stage and crowd for the entire concert. They had no idea that I was just a very drunk kid showing up with his girlfriend to see Ween. Unfortunately I was so drunk that I forgot to change a setting on my camera so all of the incredible pics I thought I had taken never turned out! I was really bummed once I sobered up and realized my mistake. It didn't matter though, it was awesome!

I think I can classify a concert as both.

2007ish Christina Aguilera, Pussycat Dolls and Danity Kane. It was a present for my gf/soon-to-be-wife. The music was pretty grating, with some occasionally catchy stuff thrown in. But my god, was that a great concert to watch.

I can also put JT/Pink into the absolute crap list.

Some of my favorites have been Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, 311, 2 Skinnee J's, Buckcherry

Best Shows

1. Dynamo Festival - Eindhoven, Holland - June 95: Machinehead, Biohazard, Life of Agony, Fear Factory, Type O Negative

2. Frankfurt Maimarkt - April 92: Rush & Primus

3. Mannheim Maimarkt - June 92: Metallica, Alice In Chains, Suicidal Tendencies

4. SuperRock, Mannhiem Maimarkt - August 92: Testament, Helloween, Slayer, W.A.S.P., Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath

5. Webster Hall, NYC - March 2011: Sick Of It All, Snapcase

6. Starland Ballroom, Sayerville, NJ - June 2005: Anthrax (first time with original line up in almost 15 years)

7. Rapid City Civic Center - Rapid City, SD - Aug '83: Def Leppard, Uriah Heep

8. Rapid City Civic Center - RC, SD - Nov 82: Rush

9. Offenbach Festhalle, Offenback, Germany - Jan '91: Anthrax, Public Enemy, Prong

10. Chance Theater, Poughkeepsie, NY - Dec 97: Goldfinger

Worst Concerts

Linkln Park

Nickleback

Green Day

Osmonds

I've been to numerous concerts and just about every concert I've been too was pretty good except for maybe one or two. Just curious to see what concerts the other Huskerboard members have attended and whichs ones they've enjoyed and which ones they've hated.

Best

1. Metallica and Godsmack - Qwest Center May 2006

2. Godsmack, Saliva, Seether, Head PE, Trapt, Breaking Benjamin - Summer 2003 or 2004 at Westfair Amphitheatre in Council Bluffs, IA

3. Godsmack, Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper, Papa Roach, Halestorm, Skillet, Hellyeah - May 14, 2010 Westfair Amphitheatre

4. Kid Rock and Megadeath - Summer of 2002? Civic Center in Omaha

5. Disturbed - Tyson Event Center in Sioux City, IA May 28?, 2003

6. 3 Doors Down, Nickelback, Puddle of Mudd, Thornly - Sioux City Explores Ballpark July 4th, 2004?

Worst

1. Sweetstock w/ Shaggy, Dream, Uncle Kracker, Smash Mouth, O-Town, Evan and Jaron, ATC, Eve 6, Vertical Horizon, and Mulberry Lane Summer of 2001 at the Westfair Amphitheatre Council Bluffs, IA. I got free tickets and it was still horrible.

2. Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, and Dierks Bentley Tyson Event Center Sioux City, IA 2004/5?

3. Stain - Orpheum Theatre Sioux City, IA

4. David Cook - Orpheum Theatre Sioux City, IA 2009?

5. Nickelback, Hinder, Hoobastank, and Chevelle - Tyson Event Center Sioux City, IA Aug 2006.

Been to tons of shows. Probably of bands that many on here would go, "who?". Some of the better ones off the top of my head.

Best

1. Slipknot @ Knickerbockers, before they blew up. Imagine the size of Knickerbockers, every member of Slipknot, and their youth at the time. Straight crazy.

2. AC/DC and Slash's Snakepit. Two of the greatest guitarists of all time in Kemper Arena in KC.

3. Green Jelly @Knickerbockers. Funniest show I have ever seen. Those guys are nuts.

4. Shadow's Fall, Lamb of God, Slipknot Mid America Center

5. Sevendust @ The Grove. Got to hang out with the guys

6. Static X @ The Grove Same as above.

7. Stone Sour and Chevelle @ The Grove, same as above.

8. Acacia Strain, Terror, Godforbid, Hatebreed @ Sokul. Four hours of straight anger.EPIC

9. KISS at the Qwest. Don't know which farewell tour this was two year ago

10. Rockfest at Westphair last year with HellYeah, Skillet, Papa Roach, Alice Cooper, Zombie and Godsmack

Worst

1. The two times I have seen Disturbed. They seemed like they didn't want to be there at all

2. Korn, Puddle of Mudd and Deadsy. Just a wierd line up.

What did you guys think of Skillet?

What did you guys think of Skillet?

Their music is catchy, but I usually go for a little harder band. However, some of their songs are good. When they did Awake and Alive with the violinist and cellist that was cool. I know they are a pretty religious band, and the singer did push that angle a little between songs, but they put on a good show.

Plus their drummer is very HOT, and she can wail while drumming pretty impressive.