Whats the best and worst concert(s) you've attended?

I've been to numerous concerts and just about every concert I've been too was pretty good except for maybe one or two. Just curious to see what concerts the other Huskerboard members have attended and whichs ones they've enjoyed and which ones they've hated.

Best

1. Metallica and Godsmack - Qwest Center May 2006

2. Godsmack, Saliva, Seether, Head PE, Trapt, Breaking Benjamin - Summer 2003 or 2004 at Westfair Amphitheatre in Council Bluffs, IA

3. Godsmack, Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper, Papa Roach, Halestorm, Skillet, Hellyeah - May 14, 2010 Westfair Amphitheatre

4. Kid Rock and Megadeath - Summer of 2002? Civic Center in Omaha

5. Disturbed - Tyson Event Center in Sioux City, IA May 28?, 2003

6. 3 Doors Down, Nickelback, Puddle of Mudd, Thornly - Sioux City Explores Ballpark July 4th, 2004?

Worst

1. Sweetstock w/ Shaggy, Dream, Uncle Kracker, Smash Mouth, O-Town, Evan and Jaron, ATC, Eve 6, Vertical Horizon, and Mulberry Lane Summer of 2001 at the Westfair Amphitheatre Council Bluffs, IA. I got free tickets and it was still horrible.

2. Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, and Dierks Bentley Tyson Event Center Sioux City, IA 2004/5?

3. Stain - Orpheum Theatre Sioux City, IA

4. David Cook - Orpheum Theatre Sioux City, IA 2009?

5. Nickelback, Hinder, Hoobastank, and Chevelle - Tyson Event Center Sioux City, IA Aug 2006.

I've never been to a "big" concert. I did see Kansas when they came out to Scottsbluff. Nothing too crazy, but still pretty fun.

I'm supposed to be going to Mayhem Festival in Denver this summer. Should be an interesting adventure.

Best

1. NIN w/ A Perfect Circle- Omaha Civic Auditorium 2000

2. Motley Crue w/ Lost Vegas and Theory of a Deadman- Omaha Qwest Center 2009

3. Slayer and Slipknot- US Cellular Arena Cedar Rapids IA 2004?

4. Godsmack- Orpheum Theater Sioux City 2007

5. Stone Temple Pilots- Tyson Event Center Sioux City 2010

Not the Best

1. Tool - Hilton Coliseum Ames IA (Hilton sucks for concerts) 2002

2. Chevelle and Puddle of Mudd- Tyson Event Center Sioux City (too many 16 yr olds) 2010

3. Metallica and Godsmack- Qwest Center Omaha (love both bands, but hate that Qwest Center is seating and our seats sucked) 2004?

4. Bush w/ Veruca Salt - Hilton Coliseum Ames IA ( same as above Hilton ref. then add Veruca Salt) 1997

5. John Mellencamp -Mid American Center Council Bluffs IA 2002

I've been to numerous concerts and just about every concert I've been too was pretty good except for maybe one or two. Just curious to see what concerts the other Huskerboard members have attended and whichs ones they've enjoyed and which ones they've hated.

Best

1. Metallica and Godsmack - Qwest Center May 2006

2. Godsmack, Saliva, Seether, Head PE, Trapt, Breaking Benjamin - Summer 2003 or 2004 at Westfair Amphitheatre in Council Bluffs, IA

3. Godsmack, Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper, Papa Roach, Halestorm, Skillet, Hellyeah - May 14, 2010 Westfair Amphitheatre

4. Kid Rock and Megadeath - Summer of 2002? Civic Center in Omaha

5. Disturbed - Tyson Event Center in Sioux City, IA May 28?, 2003

6. 3 Doors Down, Nickelback, Puddle of Mudd, Thornly - Sioux City Explores Ballpark July 4th, 2004?

Worst

1. Sweetstock w/ Shaggy, Dream, Uncle Kracker, Smash Mouth, O-Town, Evan and Jaron, ATC, Eve 6, Vertical Horizon, and Mulberry Lane Summer of 2001 at the Westfair Amphitheatre Council Bluffs, IA. I got free tickets and it was still horrible.

2. Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, and Dierks Bentley Tyson Event Center Sioux City, IA 2004/5?

3. Stain - Orpheum Theatre Sioux City, IA

4. David Cook - Orpheum Theatre Sioux City, IA 2009?

5. Nickelback, Hinder, Hoobastank, and Chevelle - Tyson Event Center Sioux City, IA Aug 2006.

You didn't like Staind at the Orpheum? I thought it was a good show, Theory of a Deadman was sweet. Orpheum is a great place to see concerts and wish SC would have more band there.

Best

4. Godsmack- Orpheum Theater Sioux City 2007 - I got my digital camera taken away because I was recording my favorite songs. Luckly I got the whole drum show on my camera before it was taken away LOL

Not the Best

3. Metallica and Godsmack- Qwest Center Omaha (love both bands, but hate that Qwest Center is seating and our seats sucked) 2004?

I'm a HUGE Godsmack fan and I had to sit up close so my seats were amazing. I could hear Godsmack perfectly but Metallica was a hit and miss on some songs. Loved how the stage was rotating though. Surprised you hated this concert

You didn't like Staind at the Orpheum? I thought it was a good show, Theory of a Deadman was sweet. Orpheum is a great place to see concerts and wish SC would have more band there.

I couldn't hear them that well. I'm deaf in my left ear and we were on the very top so those could've been the problem but not too many people that I know of enjoy rock concerts at the Orpheum because Rock concerts weren't built for the acoustics at the Orpheum. I enjoyed the Godsmack show because they're my favorite band but some of their songs were hard to hear at times. My wife was in choir for Briar Cliff and she hated singing at the Orpheum because of the acoustics.

I've seen Nickelback three times, two in Omaha and the one in Sioux City you went to Huskerjock. I've seen them so many times bc they are one of my favorite bands, but they had awesome bands with them. The first one they had Trapt and Default with them. Awesome concert! The second was the one HJ said was bad and I agree. I mostly went bc I wanted to see Hinder, they sucked! The most recent they brough Shinedown and Breaking Benjamin and it was awesome! I liked Keith Urban, Im not much of a country fan, but it was more like a rock concert. I went to Brad Paisley and didn't like it much bc I don't like country and that was more country.

Best

4. Godsmack- Orpheum Theater Sioux City 2007 - I got my digital camera taken away because I was recording my favorite songs. Luckly I got the whole drum show on my camera before it was taken away LOL

Not the Best

I'm a HUGE Godsmack fan and I had to sit up close so my seats were amazing. I could hear Godsmack perfectly but Metallica was a hit and miss on some songs. Loved how the stage was rotating though. Surprised you hated this concert

I couldn't hear them that well. I'm deaf in my left ear and we were on the very top so those could've been the problem but not too many people that I know of enjoy rock concerts at the Orpheum because Rock concerts weren't built for the acoustics at the Orpheum. I enjoyed the Godsmack show because they're my favorite band but some of their songs were hard to hear at times. My wife was in choir for Briar Cliff and she hated singing at the Orpheum because of the acoustics.

not so much as hated the concert as to the fact that I should not be able to have a normal conversation with the person next to me while Metallica is on stage. I can see what you mean about the acoustics at the Orpheum, I was lucky to be pretty close to the stage for both shows so the sound was pretty good from there.

Best:

Iron Butterfly. Early 70ies San Diego, CA. Last time they performed 'Inagoddavida.'

Leon Russell. 73 Iowa State fair Grounds, Des Moines, IA.

Big 'N' Rich 2009 Empire Fair Grounds, Sioux Falls, SD.

Worst:

Jerry Lee Lewis, Las Vegas. Way past his prime. Sad.

T_O_B

:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance

Been to tons of shows. Probably of bands that many on here would go, "who?". Some of the better ones off the top of my head.

Best

1. Slipknot @ Knickerbockers, before they blew up. Imagine the size of Knickerbockers, every member of Slipknot, and their youth at the time. Straight crazy.

2. AC/DC and Slash's Snakepit. Two of the greatest guitarists of all time in Kemper Arena in KC.

3. Green Jelly @Knickerbockers. Funniest show I have ever seen. Those guys are nuts.

4. Shadow's Fall, Lamb of God, Slipknot Mid America Center

5. Sevendust @ The Grove. Got to hang out with the guys

6. Static X @ The Grove Same as above.

7. Stone Sour and Chevelle @ The Grove, same as above.

8. Acacia Strain, Terror, Godforbid, Hatebreed @ Sokul. Four hours of straight anger.EPIC

9. KISS at the Qwest. Don't know which farewell tour this was two year ago

10. Rockfest at Westphair last year with HellYeah, Skillet, Papa Roach, Alice Cooper, Zombie and Godsmack

Worst

1. The two times I have seen Disturbed. They seemed like they didn't want to be there at all

2. Korn, Puddle of Mudd and Deadsy. Just a wierd line up.

My order isn't totally in a special order, as much the order they are coming to mind now.

Best Shows

1 - Metallica and Godsmack at Qwest 2006.

2 - The Offspring at Sokal in Oct 1997, My first show, and they played a long time, damn near every song off 3 albums.

3 - Nine Inch Nails and A Perfect Circle at the Civic 1999 or 2000 I don't remember.

4 - Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, Stone Sour, Halestorm at Westfair 2010.

5 - Sick Puppies and Hurt at Sokal in 2009. Sick Puppies were ok, but Hurt was really great, and one of my fav bands.

Worst Show

1 - Test Fest at Westfair 1997. Three bands played, one I can't remember the name of, Shovel and Taproot. It had been a rainy day and as Disturbed is getting set up lightning hit the stage. And that was it, didnt get to see all the bands I payed to see. They were really close to a riot.

Worst Show

1 - Test Fest at Westfair 1997. Three bands played, one I can't remember the name of, Shovel and Taproot. It had been a rainy day and as Disturbed is getting set up lightning hit the stage. And that was it, didnt get to see all the bands I payed to see. They were really close to a riot.

I know when I saw Godsmack for the first time at Westfair in Council Bluffs, they were telling the crowd that the last time they play at Westfair that lightning hit the stage so they didn't come out and play. The crowd got upset and started throwing mud balls in the crowd and on stage.