BigTen opener..... Night game????????

"There has been talk about it," Bielema told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "Nothing has been confirmed. If I'm a person who watches Big Ten football I know that is a pretty big game.

"I think if we're doing things right and Nebraska continues to (win) it will be a showcase game."

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extra_Group/Husker_Extra/blog/under_the_lights_in_madison.html

Apparently their has been talk about the Wisconsin game being a night game according to Bielema.

I personally love atmosphere of a night game. To me this has a feel of a 2:30 like game. With us playing Ohio Light next week, I would think that would be the big showcase game. That the BigTen and ESPN/ABC networks want..... Gameday, night game, all the bells and whistles it brings. Plus it being the first game back for Tressel and his boys.

Here is a list of possible ABC/ESPN day and night games.

Nebraska vs. Wisconsin

Michigan State vs. Ohio State

Arizona vs. USC

GT vs. NC State

Miss. State vs. Georgia

Kentucky vs. LSU

Alabama vs. Florida

Clemson vs. Virginia Tech (at VT you know ESPN loves some VT)

Arkansas vs. Texas A&M (at Jerry World you know Jerry would push for a night game, Texas A&M is the hometeam)

Auburn vs. South Carolina (at South Carolina)

I tried to include the games that ESPN/ABC would pickup like the 3 SEC games obviously CBS would pick the best one, then ESPN would get the next pick.

On the same note, when do the BigTen TV schedules come out. Also how do they select the games. For example do we know 2 or 3 weeks advance or much further away than that.

Edited by huskerscott

I understand the fear of playing at Camp Randall in the evening, but I hope we do. First, its just flat out exciting. Second, I want NU to be able to play anybody, anywhere, anytime. Every person that follows college football understands what Wisconsin fans bring to the table for games. So if we can beat them on their home turf with the lights on, I just see that as deserving more respect(given this all depends on how well they do next year).

• Fire 1

Heck no, I don't want that happening. Camp Randall is already one of the toughest places to play in CFB, it doesn't need to be intensified by a night game.

orly.

wisconsin, and the rest of the big ten, is going to be shocked at how difficult it is to run the ball against the blackshirts this fall.

linky

BenFranklinVsKoolAid.jpg