Take Back Gameday

kb97

Better to try and fail than to sit on a message board being a negative Nancy and doing absolutely nothing. ;)

Why would that be a joke? It wasn't aimed at you, if that's what you're thinking. I'm just saying there are a lot of people ragging on these guys for trying to do "something." At least they're making an attempt, that's all I'm pointing out here.

The fact that you quoted me was a clever disguise of something that wasn't aimed at me. ;)

I was going to ask you if you felt I should re-enroll at UNL so I could take part in the Student Movement. I'm a bit long in the tooth for that. :cowbell:

Yeah I probably should have made that whole part a little clearer. My bad. It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. It just seems the general tone towards these guys is a negative one and all they're doing is trying to come up with ideas right now.

Maybe they'll figure something out that sticks and is fun for everyone and gets the crowd into the game more. If not, it's definitely not the end of the world, let alone Husker football.

I hope they do get something going, and I support their efforts (from afar). If they get something going and I can help, I will. All I'm saying is that the buildup seemed like they had this big plan, and it's a little disappointing to see the big plan turn out to be, "Give us your ideas."

They mentioned they had some support both on and off campus. Hopefully that translates into something happening. There's that big open space north of the Union now that they could use for a "rally" of sorts. I would love to see UNL give them permission to do something there. I think the school itself has been remiss in not fostering an environment where this kind of thing would flourish. It seems that, too often, the students are being marginalized rather than relied upon for support/noise/energy.

These kids have far more energy than most folks who go to games. They just need to figure out how to use it.

I still like the idea of HuskerStruck between 3rd & 4th. Whole stadium/team jumping and yelling HUSKERS. It would be awesome if we had a decent sound system...

Replace thunder with Huskers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f1cwycSWq0

Hell yeah man. Plus if the crowd had a towel/homer hanky thing to wave around it would be really disorientating for opposing teams.

I still like the idea of HuskerStruck between 3rd & 4th. Whole stadium/team jumping and yelling HUSKERS. It would be awesome if we had a decent sound system...

Replace thunder with Huskers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f1cwycSWq0

Hell yeah man. Plus if the crowd had a towel/homer hanky thing to wave around it would be really disorientating for opposing teams.

This is actually a GREAT idea!! Hell, put it on the screens just as with the military theme. This could be "ourjump around." Instead of thunder its HUSKER. Man, with our millions if dollars why cant we get a better sound system?? My factory '88 grand am has a better system than memorial stadium!!!!

Sometimes our fans can be too calm, I've been in sections where my yelling was frowned upon and asked to be quiet. WTF I dont understand that, this is football not a ballet or opera. So I get much louder then before, which sucks cause then I can't talk for the next few days.