Ohio State game at night?

Wisconsin has lost a lot of talent, but with their coaching staff and the game being at Camp Randall, it will still be a tough game for Nebraska. That stadium can get downright loud.

Noise? Really?

That noise factor really helped all the home teams against Nebraska last season.

In fact, as i recall, the only advantage home teams had against Nebraska last season was "Watson" and "big 12 referees".

You also got to remember where they played those games. @ Kansas State (W) (cap. 50,000 attend. 30-40k) @ Iowa State (W) (cap. 55k attend. 35-45k) and @ Texas A&M (L) (cap. 83k attend. 80k-90k)

Wisconsin's Camp Randall capacity 80k (and you can bet 79k of those seats will be filled)

Tougher than Wisconsin in Camp Randall at night? I dont know about that one...

Feel free to disagree, but yes, that's my opinion.

I think wisconsin is a joke. Trying to stop the blitzkrieg with the polish cavalry. I think they will be exposed horribly, and lose by 3 or 4 touchdowns, and probably not score....say 24 - 0 Huskers, or thereabouts. Wisconsin has to beat you in one particular way, which matches up really poorly with Nebraska's team D and other team strengths this year.

PSU is late in the season, away game, probably the toughest away environment being furthest from Lincoln and a really huge stadium, lots of pride and tradition. PSU also has a lock on the top talent in their home state year in and year out. I believe the PSU away game will regularly be the toughest game for Nebrasaka, at least until michigan gets on their feet. How about 17-16 PSU?

OSU does have the talent to match up with Nebraska, but not enough to overcome the "1st game back" issues for pryor and etc., plus its in Lincoln. Say, 23-10 Huskers.

Nebraska wins the division and vs. wisconsin or PSU for the inaugural B1G title. Rematches are tough. Pick 'em.

If Wisconsin does not score at all against Nebraska I will be shocked.

This game could be one of the most anticipated games for the entire college football season next year. tOSU should not lose more than 1, if any, games before their matchup with Nebraska. Nebraska should not lose more than 1, if any, games before their matchup with tOSU.

tOSU's schedule up to Nebraska: vs. Akron (W) vs. Toledo (W) @ Miami (W) vs. Colorado (W) vs. Michigan State (W): Should be 5-0. Rank: #3-10

It won't be outside the realm of possibility for them to lose to Miami, Colorado, and Michigan State. I see Colorado being a win, but I fully expect them to lose to Miami and Sparty.

Same here. Don't forget, the NCAA is not done with Tressel. In fact, they haven't done anything yet. There's also a report that Tressel contacted members of the FBI after the memorabilia incident... and still didn't tell the school.

I think the NCAA isn't going to go much further than where they already are with The Vest. They haven't punished (severely) a major program's coach since SMU.

Linky McLinkerson Some of these are for basketball violations but, with hardly any of these school on the list, if the NCAA punished them, should be where they are now. Ohio State will be the same. (View the table at the bottom of the page)

Pete Carroll would have gotten into quite a bit of trouble, but he tucked tail and ran out of town.

Not sure how much stock to put in this. A blurb on Huskers Illustrated says we're going to host the Buckeyes at night in a national game:

Huskers Illustrated has learned that Nebraska’s Big Ten home opener against Ohio State on Oct. 8 will be a prime time game shown nationally on ABC or ESPN.

LINK

I'm not a member so I can't read the article. Anyone know if this is legit, or did they hear about Nebraska/Wisconsin and get the team wrong?

Don't know if Tressel is even going to be at the game yet. Just reported that NCAA has submitted:

In a “notice of allegations” sent to the school, the NCAA said Monday that the violations relating to the coach are considered “potential major violations.”

So they are still investigating and looks like they might not back down.

Here is the rest of the link.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-ohiost-tressel

Tougher than Wisconsin in Camp Randall at night? I dont know about that one...

Feel free to disagree, but yes, that's my opinion.

I think wisconsin is a joke. Trying to stop the blitzkrieg with the polish cavalry. I think they will be exposed horribly, and lose by 3 or 4 touchdowns, and probably not score....say 24 - 0 Huskers, or thereabouts. Wisconsin has to beat you in one particular way, which matches up really poorly with Nebraska's team D and other team strengths this year.

PSU is late in the season, away game, probably the toughest away environment being furthest from Lincoln and a really huge stadium, lots of pride and tradition. PSU also has a lock on the top talent in their home state year in and year out. I believe the PSU away game will regularly be the toughest game for Nebrasaka, at least until michigan gets on their feet. How about 17-16 PSU?

OSU does have the talent to match up with Nebraska, but not enough to overcome the "1st game back" issues for pryor and etc., plus its in Lincoln. Say, 23-10 Huskers.

Nebraska wins the division and vs. wisconsin or PSU for the inaugural B1G title. Rematches are tough. Pick 'em.

You're entitled to think what you want, but we're capable of beating teams more than one way. We use a strong run game to overpower teams, not because we have to, but because we can. We're usually capable of beating teams throwing the ball as well. Ideally, we want to run the ball around 40 times, and throw maybe 20, many of them play action. That's where we get most of our big plays in the passing game. Our first 3 WRs will be as good as anyone in the conference, and our TE group should be the best.

We're not going to have as potent an offense this year, at least early on, due to inexperience at QB. We'll have to rely on the run game the first 3-4 weeks, while our new QB gets his legs under him.

While we lost a lot of guys to the draft, we still return a lot of experience. We had pretty good depth last year, and were able to play 2-3 spots down the depth chart in several games, at several different position. We expect the defense to be very good this year. Probably better than last year. One starting LB is fully recovered from a knee injury suffered 2 years ago, and has all of his explosion back. Another missed 10 games plus the bowl last year, and he's our best defensive player. Alvarez has been quoted as saying he's the best pure football player he's ever seen.

Other notable games on 10/08: Red River Shootout (Texas vs Oklahoma), Virginia Tech vs. Miami, Auburn @ Arkansas, Florida @ LSU.

The SECPN will go to one of those games before they would highlight another Big 10 game. They will almost certainly be at the Wisky game since that is Nebraska's first game in their new conference so the odds are probably against them being at the OSU game unfortunately - especially given the 2 big matchups in their pet conference.

If I had to bet I'd say ESPN goes to the Swamp for Alabama at Florida on October 1st and Come to Lincoln for the Nebraska vs. Ohio State game on the 8th. Auburn will already potentially have two losses by that game (they play at Clemson and South Carolina),and it's very possible they already featured LSU when they play Oregon.