2nd job ideas

With my masters I teach at the local community college (summer and nights) I've done ManPower (temp services) in the past - worked for a city park service - run a de-tassling crew - worked for electrical contractor as a runner - and taught summer school.

I've thought about the community college route, but i'm just sped certified and I'm not really quilified for anything else. I might, might, think about getting certified as a science teacher. I think they will survive almost any cut. The problem is dealing with 40 plus students per class. The school I work at is large and pretty violent.

I kind of like the lifeguard idea, but i'm old. Teaching was a second career for me. I have never seen anyone above 20 be a lifeguard.

David Hasselhof was over 20. So were a lot of the BW Babes.

Roofing in Florida is a never ending job.

Good luck.

Welcome home Cy.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1::bonesflag::throwdabones1:

Hey TO. Been down south with the band all winter. Who knew if you play Lynard Skynard halfway decent you can get as many babes as you handle. Course they aren't the prime ones but when you've been drinking and the lights are off...who notices. Just be gone when the sun comes up or you have to watch them turn to dust.

Good luck.

Welcome home Cy.

T_O_B

Hey TO. Been down south with the band all winter. Who knew if you play Lynard Skynard halfway decent you can get as many babes as you handle. Course they aren't the prime ones but when you've been drinking and the lights are off...who notices. Just be gone when the sun comes up or you have to watch them turn to dust.

ok Cy, tell be about your band. Are you still in the South? We own a number of bars and know of others that wish to spice up their normal gigs.

Good luck.

Welcome home Cy.

T_O_B

ok Cy, tell be about your band. Are you still in the South? We own a number of bars and know of others that wish to spice up their normal gigs.

We had to come home because a tree fell on the truck in Alabama and wrecked a couple of the big sub-woofers and most of the lighting system. Luckily Motel 6 is made of sterner stuff than U-Haul. Band's name is The Driveway Rockers. Two guitars, drums, keys, vocals and the greatest and most handsomist bass player ever known to man (guess which instrument I play...). Play classic rock from AC/DC to ZZ-Top (see how I cleverly illustrate the complete "A to Z" concept with band names. THAT is why I get all the women people) We also have surpassed Motorhead as the ugliest rock band to ever appear in public. We play just about anywhere but we really like outdoor shows because we're just so damn loud...

Have you thought about getting into the beverage distrubition business. Most hire temporary summer help to help out the drivers and warehouse crew. Its not easy work, you probably wont get 3 day holidays for 4th of July, Memorial day or Labor day depending on which company you get on with.

Have you thought about getting into the beverage distrubition business. Most hire temporary summer help to help out the drivers and warehouse crew. Its not easy work, you probably wont get 3 day holidays for 4th of July, Memorial day or Labor day depending on which company you get on with.

no, actually hadn't. Maybe a good backup plan if my condition get cuts next year. Home depot is pretty good idea too.

I don't even know if there are still detasseling crews anymore, but a couple of my high school teachers did that (ran the crews) for a couple weeks of the summer. Nurseries (plants), lawn care and landscaping are other places to look for temp work.

Wouldn't feel too bad about not doing the notary thing. Maybe there's a market for it somewhere but most banks will notarize documents for free.

I don't even know if there are still detasseling crews anymore, but a couple of my high school teachers did that (ran the crews) for a couple weeks of the summer. Nurseries (plants), lawn care and landscaping are other places to look for temp work.

Wouldn't feel too bad about not doing the notary thing. Maybe there's a market for it somewhere but most banks will notarize documents for free.

They have them in out area. I hadn't really thought about it until your post, but I know two teachers that run crews in the summer.