Russell Wilson pursued by Nebraska

Why bring in a QB that has one year of eligibility, give him the starting reigns, and cripple the development of all of our young QB's. Wilson is good, but he can only play for one year, and will likely not even be that impressive because of his lack of playbook knowledge. In my opinon, we'll set back potential Heisman level production from one of our young quarterbacks for a year, for one year of above average quarterback play that by all indications doesn't fit our new offense

I agree. I hope we continue to watch our defense hold teams to under 10 points while the offense doesn't score. If we have to do that for three more years so that we might have an individual win a Heisman, then so be it. We must not cripple QB development!

I wasn't saying that the goal of QB development was for someone to win the Heisman, but rather have Heisman level production from one of our QB's. Not once did I say the goal was to win the Heisman. This reminds me of the Jeremiah Masoli-Ole Miss situation...they did something similar to this, and are worse off now than when they brought Masoli in

and let's say, like last year, two of our QBs are injured for any amount of time. What then? We don't have great depth here by any means.

No school in the country has good enough depth at QB to lose their top two guys and not miss a beat.

(this isn't to say anything about getting or not getting russell wilson, just that you can't reasonably expect much better QB depth than what we currently have).

It wasn't a Watson defense. It was a jab at everyone who said, "So what, our top two QBs were injured. We should still be able to score 20 points against A&M."

I am of the opinion that if your top two QBs go down, you are kinda screwed. I did think we should have just committed to Green at that point, but all that's in the past.

Back to the point: it would be great to be able to get that kind of depth. But mostly, without a clear front-runner, why deny an opportunity to a guy who can come in and compete to be that #1? We know our "guy" and his top backup right now, both could use some seasoning. If they're better, they can prove it against a field-tested veteran from the SEC who I think has the tools to run our offense. And if not, some sit-and-watch time could be very valuable.

I don't know much about Russell Wilson. I don't know if he would bring baggage with him, I don't know how much it would disrupt team chemistry, I don't know how fast he could pick up our offense, I don't know anything about him. Given that, I'm not opposed to him transferring to Nebraska and playing.

However, he's not going to. We have a QB that the vast majority of the nation is pretty intrigued by, even if some Nebraska fans aren't, and kids looking to transfer want to play. Wilson will end up at a mediocre program where he can start right away, just like Greg Paulus did. He's not going to show up at Nebraska where he'd have to battle an incumbent starter with a head start on learning the offense.

I don't know much about Russell Wilson. I don't know if he would bring baggage with him, I don't know how much it would disrupt team chemistry, I don't know how fast he could pick up our offense, I don't know anything about him. Given that, I'm not opposed to him transferring to Nebraska and playing.

However, he's not going to. We have a QB that the vast majority of the nation is pretty intrigued by, even if some Nebraska fans aren't, and kids looking to transfer want to play. Wilson will end up at a mediocre program where he can start right away, just like Greg Paulus did. He's not going to show up at Nebraska where he'd have to battle an incumbent starter with a head start on learning the offense.

he'll end up in the SEC somewhere.

It wasn't a Watson defense. It was a jab at everyone who said, "So what, our top two QBs were injured. We should still be able to score 20 points against A&M."

I am of the opinion that if your top two QBs go down, you are kinda screwed. I did think we should have just committed to Green at that point, but all that's in the past.

Back to the point: it would be great to be able to get that kind of depth. But mostly, without a clear front-runner, why deny an opportunity to a guy who can come in and compete to be that #1? We know our "guy" and his top backup right now, both could use some seasoning. If they're better, they can prove it against a field-tested veteran from the SEC who I think has the tools to run our offense. And if not, some sit-and-watch time could be very valuable.

Wilson played in the ACC, the second worst BCS conference. Big difference.

If you google "Russel Wilson Nebraska," this thread is the first thing that pops up.

Nobody else is talking about him coming here. There are no hints that he's considering coming here (that I've found in the 30 seconds I looked), and while it would be nice to add depth to a position that takes lots of hits, I would put the odds of him coming here at < 20:1.

All the buzz around this guy (and frankly, there isn't a lot), seems to focus on him remaining in the South, most likely in an SEC school.

The fact is that he'll most likely end up at a D2 school where he'll rack up some pretty nice numbers, gearing up for the draft.

Nobody else is talking about him coming here. There are no hints that he's considering coming here (that I've found in the 30 seconds I looked), and while it would be nice to add depth to a position that takes lots of hits, I would put the odds of him coming here at < 20:1.

I pulled the line off the board after first seeing the thread. It is pretty much stupid and not happening. Only Mike Anderson is pushing for this deal