Washington Names Sacrificial Lamb for September's Slaughter

And Jemarcus Russell was #1....

Anyway, after the cheap locker room trash talk and Sark telling his guys to injure and knock out our players, I hope we come for blood.

Any effort out of that kid and he could have been great. Still...I don’t know if you want to use Al Davis and the Raiders as any type of measuring stick. They did take a kicker in the first round after all...

Anyway, we will absolutely destroy Washington next year. One of Locker's stated goals for returning to Washington was to return the Huskies to a bowl game. We are pretty well past being satisfied with a bowl game, let alone consecutive Holiday Bowls featuring a regular season rematch. That was a big deal to Washington though, and they showed it.

In Lincoln, incentive will be equal. We'll kill 'em.

We are going to win by a significant margin, moreso than last fall. I am going to say it will be something like 55-7.

The only guy who can really hurt us is Chris Polk, and I am willing to bet that our D will be more focused on stopping the run next year than last. The Big Ten is not a pass-happy league like the Big 12.

I think 55-7 is pushing it. They may lose Locker, but he was more of a motivational leader than anything else. As far as quarterback skills are concerned, he was an OK runner and an average at best passer.

I think they'll be better next year all around, although still not good enough to beat us in Lincoln. I think a 31-14 game is more likely in the works. I'd be shocked if we laid another pre-season beat down on them.

I think you are really underestimating Locker. He was not only the inspiration behind that team, but he was a huge threat in the run game. Having him and Polk in the backfield made it very difficult to defend that team. You had no idea where the ball was going on any given play.

Think about it this way: An amped up Huskies team only managed to put up 19 points against a deflated Husker team. And that was with the benefit of a fumble deep in our own territory (Rex) and a Nebraska offense that could not stay on the field.

Now take a way Locker and all of those bootleg runs, shift the fervor over to our side, give us a competent offense, and give us a D a liitle more focused on the run. 55-7 may be too generous to UW.

Trust me, our kids want blood. UW is going to be run out of that stadium.

We are going to win by a significant margin, moreso than last fall. I am going to say it will be something like 55-7.

The only guy who can really hurt us is Chris Polk, and I am willing to bet that our D will be more focused on stopping the run next year than last. The Big Ten is not a pass-happy league like the Big 12.

Wait, wasn't Polk booted off the team or something like that? I thought I heard something like that, could be mistaken.

Oh, yes. Yes they do.

I just hope they don't get over-amped and pull a Texas. This should be a bloodbath, but if our guys can't control themselves it'll be a cluster****.

Wait, wasn't Polk booted off the team or something like that? I thought I heard something like that, could be mistaken.

Different Polk.

It wasn't Chris Polk, it was a WR with the last name of Polk.

It wasn't Chris Polk, it was a WR with the last name of Polk.

Ah gotcha.

ASark telling his guys to injure and knock out our players

Is this just a rumor or is there some backing to this?

There was video of it. There was part of the video featured on ESPN, but someone had uploaded the uncut speach and I remember seeing it a few months ago. IIRC, it was taken down due to a cease and desist.

Oh, yes. Yes they do.

I just hope they don't get over-amped and pull a Texas. This should be a bloodbath, but if our guys can't control themselves it'll be a cluster****.

Yeah, that's been mentioned before. I think there is zero chance of this happening. What you saw at the Texas game was over a decade's worth of disappointing losses to Texas, mixed with angst over the unbelievable end to the prior year's CCG, combined with the frenzy of our last season in the Big 12, with a dash of resentment for the Big 12, not to mention a pinch of shall we say "biased" officiating. That game was so overhyped and overemphasized that the pressure could not have been more intense. For crying out loud, I flew out to the game from San Diego, and on my connecting flight to Omaha from PHOENIX there were at least two dozen Husker fans on the plane in Husker red. That game was a make or break moment, not just for the season, but for our entire legacy in the Big 12. (See also the 2010 CCG against Oklahoma.)

On a hypeness scale of 1-10, the 2010 Texas game was a 100.

I think the upcoming UW game will be more of a 6 on the Hypeness scale. Bo will be telling those guys we have to get a little payback for the disappointing end to our 2010 season, but to come out and execute and get ready for our conference season.

In short, the game won't be overemphasized (2010 Texas), nor underemphasized (2010 Holiday Bowl); it will, to quote Goldilocks, be "just right."

Usually I don't come up and watch on the non-conf games, but looks like I will have to make an exception on this one.

Get your game on OKA. Non conference can be great and lets face it, Husker fans have a limited number of games in their lifetime.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1: