The Bubba Starling Thread

I've read both 11pm and midnight... what is his signing deadline? I hope it's 11pm... I need to get some sleep tonight before work tomorrow.

11pm CST

How about we say it's 11 eastern which means it's passed the deadline. Seeing how theres no annoucement of him signing and it's past the deadline, that means hes a husker. Anyone with me, or are we sticking to the 11 central time?

11 Eastern is 10 Central.

So then less he basically has about an hour to sign.... what are the odds that he has already signed and the articles just havent come out yet? Most people don't even make 8 million over their entire 30-40 years of working... if he can get a guaranteed 8 million at age 18 and invest that money... he's set for life. He can live off the $30,000 he will make in the minors and then live off the interest he earns off his 8 million. That's a worse case scenario. Not trying to be a debbie downer here but I mean lets be real... the kid doesn't have an NFL career he's got a MLB career... he has every intangible for it.

I've read both 11pm and midnight... what is his signing deadline? I hope it's 11pm... I need to get some sleep tonight before work tomorrow.

11pm CST

How about we say it's 11 eastern which means it's passed the deadline. Seeing how theres no annoucement of him signing and it's past the deadline, that means hes a husker. Anyone with me, or are we sticking to the 11 central time?

11 Eastern is 10 Central.

doh :facepalm: thanks for correcting me.

So then less he basically has about an hour to sign.... what are the odds that he has already signed and the articles just havent come out yet? Most people don't even make 8 million over their entire 30-40 years of working... if he can get a guaranteed 8 million at age 18 and invest that money... he's set for life. He can live off the $30,000 he will make in the minors and then live off the interest he earns off his 8 million. That's a worse case scenario. Not trying to be a debbie downer here but I mean lets be real... the kid doesn't have an NFL career he's got a MLB career... he has every intangible for it.

He pretty much has said before that baseball is what he wants to play. That should be a notion right there that he will likely sign with the Royals. I mean if baseball is your passion, why not get paid for what you want to do. Football wasn't Bubba first pick, it was baseball.

Anybody else want a drink while we wait?

518yes.jpg

Back in the days when my rural household only received three channels over the rabbit ears, this was a MAJOR show.

It's a bit sickening, but I can still sing the entire theme song. May God have mercy on my soul. :facepalm:

Yeah...I see your "The Love Boat" and raise you one "Little House on the Prarie". My wife loves this show and watches it whenever she can. Oh pa! :facepalm: