The Bubba Starling Thread

So you've never read anything by tuff tiger?

I still don't buy that money is everyone's answer. It may be yours but it's not mine. So we just see things differently. Nothing wrong with that.

Maybe money isn't the only reason he is going to play baseball. Maybe he actually enjoys playing baseball more than playing football. Many posters on this board hate baseball, so they just don't understand why anyone would play baseball over football. Well, a kid who loves playing baseball and is good at it might enjoy playing baseball more than football. I don't know what your views on baseball are, so that isn't directed to you Irafreak.

On the other side of that, Bubba has said in numerous interviews that a lot of people don't know how much he LOVES football. So take that for what it's worth.

I asked myself the question, "what do we know about what he's going to do?" in an attempt to predict what'll happen. this is just my free-flowing thought process, doesn't make it true.

1. Not very much.

2. A lot of money is going to be thrown at him.

3. His family (and Bubba himself) values education and "The Pelini Way"

4. The Starlings love Nebraska.

5. He did not participate in practice.

6. This was a decision by Bo Pelini. The Starlings agreed to it.

7. Zach Lee, recruit for LSU last year, DID practice in order to receive leverage.

8. It worked for him, he received more money.

9. If it was about the extra 1-2 million, the Starlings would have tried to get him to practice (Boras is a goddamn smart agent, I'm sure he really pushed them to get him to differ with Bo's choice).

10. Through this observation we can see that Bubba values the Pelini and Nebraska more over the money.

11. We can infer that the number one factor in this decision is not money. More than likely, if NU football doesn't work out, Bubba realizes there will still be a shot in baseball.

12. Then what is? Bubba doing what he loves, I'd said.

13. He loves football and baseball, if not equally, then at an extremely close level.

14. He'll choose to take the chance that if football doesn't work out (keep in mind, if he's a first round draft pick in football [not out of the question, see "Tebow, Tim"] he'll make better bank than he would now) that he'd be confident he could go back to baseball and be successful, and still be financially stable.

15. Welcome to Nebraska...?

Keep in mind that this is what I think is correct. That in no way actually does make it correct, but that's just my thought proceess on this situation. I really hope it is correct. But it involves speculation. Just thought I'd throw my thoughts out there.

So you've never read anything by tuff tiger?

I still don't buy that money is everyone's answer. It may be yours but it's not mine. So we just see things differently. Nothing wrong with that.

Maybe money isn't the only reason he is going to play baseball. Maybe he actually enjoys playing baseball more than playing football. Many posters on this board hate baseball, so they just don't understand why anyone would play baseball over football. Well, a kid who loves playing baseball and is good at it might enjoy playing baseball more than football. I don't know what your views on baseball are, so that isn't directed to you Irafreak.

On the other side of that, Bubba has said in numerous interviews that a lot of people don't know how much he LOVES football. So take that for what it's worth.

I never said he didn't love football, I'm sure he does love both sports. I said he may enjoy playing baseball more than football.