The Bubba Starling Thread

Also I think the fact that the royals can't win right now to save their lives probably affects his thoughts. Who really wants to throw away years for simply money playing on a team losing. That's why people quit high-paying jobs and take ones they enjoy...

No offense, but this is the most ridiculous comment I've ever read. If he loves the game of baseball as I assume he does, he won't care if he's on a winning team, losing team, AA, AAA or the majors. He gets to do something he loves for a living and gets paid to do it. In every sport, the worst teams get the first picks, but EVERY player I've seen have a huge smile on their face when they are drafted. Ask Suh how he felt getting drafted by a crappy team, he will probably give you a different answer than what you just said.

The most ridiculous comment you've ever read...hmm...exaggerate much?

There are plenty of athletes that will refuse to play for bad teams...eli manning anyone? Not saying Bubba is this way but that has to be something he is pondering...if he's truly a competitor that is...

We received a text from Bubba Starling's mom suggesting it will probably be 11 o'clock or later before there's news of his signing. (via @jackharriskshb) - Sean Callahan's Twitter Page.

:throw:throw:throw:throw:throw

Ok. No surprise. We all knew there was no more than a sliver of hope that he would come to NU once the Royals drafted.

Also I think the fact that the royals can't win right now to save their lives probably affects his thoughts. Who really wants to throw away years for simply money playing on a team losing. That's why people quit high-paying jobs and take ones they enjoy...

No offense, but this is the most ridiculous comment I've ever read. If he loves the game of baseball as I assume he does, he won't care if he's on a winning team, losing team, AA, AAA or the majors. He gets to do something he loves for a living and gets paid to do it. In every sport, the worst teams get the first picks, but EVERY player I've seen have a huge smile on their face when they are drafted. Ask Suh how he felt getting drafted by a crappy team, he will probably give you a different answer than what you just said.

It's a bit different with Suh. He had faith in the current Lions' organization that they were committed to building a winning team. The Royals organization is committed to running a farm team for the Yankees and Red Sox and selling their talent for pocket money while bringing in the blind donkeys i.e. fans that can't tell the difference and continue to support hopelessness.

The most ridiculous comment you've ever read...hmm...exaggerate much?

There are plenty of athletes that will refuse to play for bad teams...eli manning anyone? Not saying Bubba is this way but that has to be something he is pondering...if he's truly a competitor that is...

I said ever read, not ever heard :LOLtartar Ya, maybe he will refuse to play for a bad team later in his career when he has made a name for himself, but not this early in his career. I would have been stoked to be selected that high, even by the Yankees and I hate the Yankees. He also lives close to KC, so Im sure that will counter the fact they suck. They also have a good farm system, so they might not suck for long. Who knows. Many athletes also have the mind set that they will go in a turn things around and that is a goal. This may be his goal, to turn that organization into a winning team.