Anybody seen Thor yet???

Thor was utter garbage because it had romance between a God and a mortal, stupid cheesy lines trying to be funny and family friendly, and lacked action scenes that a Thor fan would want and appreciate. Kick-Ass was way better than Thor by far and the superheros in Kick-Ass were kids but then again it was dark and gritty with a great story and kick ass action scenes.

Another superhero movie that doesn't have that dark and gritty feel to it that a real superhero movie should have like The Dark Knight did. I have a feeling that the Green Latern will be another comic book movie fail in the box office as the trailer doesn't look good.

Stop making superhero movies family friendly and bring us another superhero movie like The Dark Knight and I'll be happy.

Using the unofficial Enhance89's Movie Review Rating System, I gave it one and a half stars.

The biggest problem with the movie is the unconvincing and energy-lacking storyline behind the bad brother. First he's bad, then he's not and the process repeats. His actions don't match what a character in that position should do. Not to say you can't bend the rules or even break them at times, but it doesn't work in this film. You never really know if the brother is good or bad which makes the entire plot and sub-structure of the film a large failure.

The second biggest problem with this film is action. Thor is an utter bad ass, even in the historical context. In this movie, he spends only about 10 minutes of the film actually kicking butt, and then spends the rest of his time with his powers either flying around or talking. The problem lies with the fact that you don't get any convincing action sequences when you need them. The movie overloads you with fighting in the beginning, and then becomes dull all the way up until the last 15 minutes.

In The Dark Knight, you'll notice that you don't go very far in the movie before being reminded of why Batman is a hero. Viewers have to spend over an hour waiting for the real Thor to come back, which takes away from his appeal. The main character can't be deprived of his powers for that long or else the audience loses attention throughout these types of films.

The last problem with the film is the unconvincing relationships between the characters. The film spends way too much time trying to turn Thor into the man he needs to be why failing to develop any real connection to the other characters. The only convincing character in the whole movie was Anthony Hopkins and even he wasn't overly convincing.

Overall, this movie is great if you watch the first 10 minutes and the last 15. The rest of it is bumbling nonsense that really doesn't make much sense, at least not to me.

Using the unofficial Enhance89's Movie Review Rating System, I gave it one and a half stars.

The biggest problem with the movie is the unconvincing and energy-lacking storyline behind the bad brother. First he's bad, then he's not and the process repeats. His actions don't match what a character in that position should do. Not to say you can't bend the rules or even break them at times, but it doesn't work in this film. You never really know if the brother is good or bad which makes the entire plot and sub-structure of the film a large failure.

Part of this is intentional. Loki, both in Norse mythology and in the Thor comic books, is deceptive, conniving and works good and bad.

The last problem with the film is the unconvincing relationships between the characters. The film spends way too much time trying to turn Thor into the man he needs to be why failing to develop any real connection to the other characters. The only convincing character in the whole movie was Anthony Hopkins and even he wasn't overly convincing.

Easy to be convincing when you're dead for 75% of the movie :P Not that I disagree, the one thing I noticed is that he gets banished to earth and it takes what, 48 hours until he has learned his lesson and become entirely humble and gracious?

Also, the 3d freaking sucked. Made it nearly impossible to see anything in the dark and action scenes. No thank you.

Agreed about Batman Begins though. At worse, they're equal.

Part of this is intentional. Loki, both in Norse mythology and in the Thor comic books, is deceptive, conniving and works good and bad.

Easy to be convincing when you're dead for 75% of the movie :P Not that I disagree, the one thing I noticed is that he gets banished to earth and it takes what, 48 hours until he has learned his lesson and become entirely humble and gracious?

Also, the 3d freaking sucked. Made it nearly impossible to see anything in the dark and action scenes. No thank you.

I'm familiar with Thor's brother in the mythological context, but the problem is that the movie is far too short to develop proper reasoning behind Loki's actions. When characters flip-flop between good and bad actions, we can usually see the reasoning and motivations behind it. There wasn't enough development in the movie to make me understand why or convince me why Loki made his choices. If I had had no previous knowledge of these character up until the movie, I feel like I would have been lost.

I'm familiar with Thor's brother in the mythological context, but the problem is that the movie is far too short to develop proper reasoning behind Loki's actions. When characters flip-flop between good and bad actions, we can usually see the reasoning and motivations behind it. There wasn't enough development in the movie to make me understand why or convince me why Loki made his choices. If I had had no previous knowledge of these character up until the movie, I feel like I would have been lost.

Good point. All of these comic book/novel movies have a tough job of walking a very fine line between making sure they explain every single little thing that someone unfamiliar with the story wouldn't know, and catering to the original fans who already know the basic premise.

Would you say you're a little Thor(sore) that you spent the money to go see the movie? ;) JHF

Thor really wasn't on my list of movies to see over the summer but watching two movie reviewers I subscribed to on YouTube said that the movie is badass.....I'd like to find those guys and slap them across the face.

I think the biggest thing about the movie, and I agree completely with both LandLord and enhance, was that it was almost rushed into being made it seems. With the hype of the Avengers movie, and trying to tie all the heros storylines together it just seemed lacking something. Like Enhance said, if I new nothing about a backstory I would have just sat there thinking Natalie Portman is hot, which isn't hard to do by the way.

ANd the 3-D is a HUGE waste. The only reason I went to it in 3-D is because damn near every theatre is showing that way. At least my two boys thought it was cool having no idea what the hell was going on, but hey a four and five year old want to go see Thor and I will take that anyday over having to sit through something like Rio

Good point. All of these comic book/novel movies have a tough job of walking a very fine line between making sure they explain every single little thing that someone unfamiliar with the story wouldn't know, and catering to the original fans who already know the basic premise.

Sometimes movies would be better off just being made-for-television series, or even being broken up into parts. It's similar to the way I think Watchmen failed - you had to appease the avid followers while making sure others could understand it if they had no background. And by the time we get to the end of Watchmen it feels like it doesn't make sense and is far too abrupt.

Now clearly this wouldn't have worked for Thor especially because of the Avengers movie, but it was just kind of a broad tangent I felt like making lol.