Met Tommie Frazier today and here's how it went....

i met him at the UDUB Husker game in seattle at some fox sports net bar or something for a live broadcast.. packed with people... towards the end you could see the guy had had his limit..... i guess i'd be pissed to occasionally... i seemed cool but pretty tired... as someone asked for a pic as he was leaving he wasn't having it and just bailed... i felt bad for the fan but i understand where he was coming from too.....

Tommy was at the "Night with Nebraska" event I attended in Irvine in February. He took questions from the audience and someone asked him what he thought about the offense last year. Without naming names, he made some comments that were clearly "wink, nudge" indications that he was not a big fan of Shawn Watson and wasn't overly impressed by T-Mart.

Alright, I won't ignore the thread anymore. My friends sister attended one of his get togethers in Carolina. Among the things she relayed that TF said.

1. Taylor, is and probably won't become a good team leader. Stuff, that we have speculated, bickered and hashed out thread after thread. Not shocking.

2. Thought Brion would take over as starter(much like the OP said) by years end. Says Brion has the most tools, might be true.

3. Bo would jump ship for the right gig. Hello Einstein we all pretty much know that if OSU would come calling, Bo would listen and probably go. Especially after the A&M fallout. Again hashed out here before.

4. The kicker of them all was, supposedly he said he thought Bill C was a good fit and thought he would work. WOWZA, or in the words of Sheldon, Bazinga!!

As for TF himself. I went to Doane, played football for Doane, coached for Doane before his hire and know things that went on in Crete. Also saw it first hand. It is a different tune compared to what is being sang. Maybe it is just his Scarlet and Cream jacket he puts on for occassions.

Alright, I won't ignore the thread anymore. My friends sister attended one of his get togethers in Carolina. Among the things she relayed that TF said.

1. Taylor, is and probably won't become a good team leader. Stuff, that we have speculated, bickered and hashed out thread after thread. Not shocking.

2. Thought Brion would take over as starter(much like the OP said) by years end. Says Brion has the most tools, might be true.

3. Bo would jump ship for the right gig. Hello Einstein we all pretty much know that if OSU would come calling, Bo would listen and probably go. Especially after the A&M fallout. Again hashed out here before.

4. The kicker of them all was, supposedly he said he thought Bill C was a good fit and thought he would work. WOWZA, or in the words of Sheldon, Bazinga!!

As for TF himself. I went to Doane, played football for Doane, coached for Doane before his hire and know things that went on in Crete. Also saw it first hand. It is a different tune compared to what is being sang. Maybe it is just his Scarlet and Cream jacket he puts on for occassions.

Really don't understand the last part. Care to clarify?

Let's put it these ways. Doane was once a strong program and now is still trying to rebuild do to certain decisions he made. I know this is talking TF the coach vs. TF the former player. But from admissions for athletes, trainers, and to Crete night life it wasn't pretty. Not gonna to get into that here before the knapp police gets me, and I don't want that cause I like the guy.

Second I know the guy at the time was trying to build a rep as TF the coach, but he really avoided the TF the former QB great which is what he will be remembered as no matter his success.

That is as far as I'll go. Always will answer a PM though

Let's put it these ways. Doane was once a strong program and now is still trying to rebuild do to certain decisions he made. I know this is talking TF the coach vs. TF the former player. But from admissions for athletes, trainers, and to Crete night life it wasn't pretty. Not gonna to get into that here before the knapp police gets me, and I don't want that cause I like the guy.

Second I know the guy at the time was trying to build a rep as TF the coach, but he really avoided the TF the former QB great which is what he will be remembered as no matter his success.

That is as far as I'll go. Always will answer a PM though

Nah, that's plenty. Gist is that he wasn't a huge boon for Doane and shied away from trading on his history arguably the greatest Husker ever. If I read that right, I think--and I'm sure you'll agree--that both are somewhat understandable and neither make him a bad guy at bottom.

Got the call from my sister on Monday that Tommie Frazier was going to be at her work today and asked if I wanted to go....Hellz Ya I want to go is she crazy or what lol. Tommie is actually a down to earth type of guy and I didn't sense any cockiness from his personality and he didn't come off as a jerk. He's actually pretty hilarious. As he was signing my helmet I told him that he got snubbed in the 2011 College Football Hall of Fame like he did with the Heisman and he told me that he wasn't upset that he didn't make the HOF but it was an honor to be on the ballot. I don't think he heard my Heisman comment because he never said anything about not getting the Heisman.

After siging autographs for about 10-15 minutes there were highlights of his rapping abilities the night before the 95' Championship game and of course they showed 'The Run'. After the highlights, Tommie got on the mic and told everybody why he chose Nebraska and how attending several Florida Gator games because I think his older brother played for them and he said that Nebraska fans are by far the best fans in the nation and we are a class act. He brought up Niles Paul and told everybody to be 100% behind every Husker player whether they have a good or bad game because they're only teenagers that still have to attend classes and they don't play football as a full-time job.

He allowed people to ask questions which some were about where he lives and what he thought about our new offense to name a few. He told everybody that he wasn't a big fan of the new offense because we've changed our offense 3 times within the last 2 years and that we should stay consistant in our offense if we want to be successful.

But I did ask him a question and here is what I asked:

Q: Brion Carnes. Will he be the starter come fall camp?

[b]A: No.......but he will be the starter later in the season.

[/b]

qxuj2v.jpg

My thoughts exactly. He should be the starter by the 5th game.

Tommie has mellowed in his old age. So has Frost. There's a hell of a lot of ego involved with a lot of star athletes, and Husker players aren't immune. When Frost first came to Nebraska he strutted around like he owned the place. Ego a mile wide. But ten years later after he moved down the street from me, he was very friendly, personable, willing to shoot the breeze all the time.

It's funny how people tend to mature as they get older.

I'll agree with the Frost thing. I was at a nicer bar in Lincoln last summer and it was pretty empty. A guy came in and sat down at the other end of the bar and I asked my friend (the bartender) if it was Scott Frost. She was pretty sure it was and so was I. I picked up his first beer for him and he moved on over and we had a nice chat and a couple more beers, on him. Nice guy.

Not gonna to get into that here before the knapp police gets me, and I don't want that cause I like the guy.

thbackstab4.gif

C'mon pineapple express that was kind of hilarious. And like I stated I like ya and what ya bring to the table. Just gonna say on the whole thing that I respect TF the athlete and everything he did at NU, but like much of his former teammates, I'll take a pass of hanging with the guy.