Met Tommie Frazier today and here's how it went....

Not gonna to get into that here before the knapp police gets me, and I don't want that cause I like the guy.

thbackstab4.gif

C'mon pineapple express that was kind of hilarious. And like I stated I like ya and what ya bring to the table. Just gonna say on the whole thing that I respect TF the athlete and everything he did at NU, but like much of his former teammates, I'll take a pass of hanging with the guy.

Yeah whatever, jerkstore. I'll be crying myself to sleep tonight.

AGAIN.

Frazier got snubbed just like he did for the Heisman. But he will get in for sure, there is no reason for him not to get in.

Didn't Frazier come out last year or sometime in the off-season before 2010 and basically said that, "Martinez was the real deal", without that being an actual quote, he may have said that as a summary that he would be a good quarterback since our 2009 offense was so pitiful? Or am I wrong here, I thought I heard that somewhere around here?

Not gonna to get into that here before the knapp police gets me, and I don't want that cause I like the guy.

thbackstab4.gif

C'mon pineapple express that was kind of hilarious. And like I stated I like ya and what ya bring to the table. Just gonna say on the whole thing that I respect TF the athlete and everything he did at NU, but like much of his former teammates, I'll take a pass of hanging with the guy.

Yeah whatever, jerkstore. I'll be crying myself to sleep tonight.

AGAIN.

Alright fruit cocktail, it is on more than Donkey Kong. So much for buying you that pineapple juice whenever, this board FINALLY has its open bar forum

56-dayum.jpg

Tommie put on some weight the last time I saw him!

Friend or foe, star or flash in the pan...in the end it all comes down to a fat joke. errr....I don't know what to say, but I am going to issue the observation NO one has EVER uttered...Fill in the Blank is a total Fatty!

Frazier rooting for his cousin? I for one, am shocked.

exactly. some people seem shocked that brion carnes cousin would say that brion carnes should start!!!

i mean what do you expect him to say? "oh no brion carnes sucks, cody green should start!"

There is a wide gulf between supporting your cousin ("Brion has a lot of tools and I expect him to contribute at some point in the future") and making the bold claim that he is going to overtake the incumbent and presumptive starting QB midway through the season.

I have had the pleasure of meeting Tommie on several occasions. His once girl friend and now wife is from Sioux Falls. He played golf on the Country Club course that I managed in the late 90'ies early 00'ies. I played 3 holes with his group and it was great. He plays alot like I do, nice walk in a park during which a litle white ball shows you the way. The highest I have ever been without an artificial stimulant.

T_O_B

:bigredn::bigredn::bigredn::bigredn::bigredn::bigredn::bigredn::bigredn::bigredn::bigredn::bigredn::bigredn::bigredn::bigredn::bigredn:

Frazier rooting for his cousin? I for one, am shocked.

exactly. some people seem shocked that brion carnes cousin would say that brion carnes should start!!!

i mean what do you expect him to say? "oh no brion carnes sucks, cody green should start!"

There is a wide gulf between supporting your cousin ("Brion has a lot of tools and I expect him to contribute at some point in the future") and making the bold claim that he is going to overtake the incumbent and presumptive starting QB midway through the season.

No... not really. Nobody will remember what Tommie said come next year if Brion doesn't become the starter. Nobody cares if he's right or wrong with his prediction. These kinds of "bold predictions" are easy to make, because if you are right, then everyone will notice. If you are wrong, nobody will remember or care.

I've met Tommy several times and he's one of my favorite people. I think like a lot of famous people they get a bad rap when something negative happens. Someone hears he's a dick then eventually it grows into people meeting him and saying he was a dick to them when they've never met him. I've drank at the bars with him right after he graduated. The first time I met him he even purchased a drink for me one night after I had inadvertently become part of a hypnotist show and made a fool of myself. I never once saw him have a bad night. I was even there one night when I guy kept egging him on trying to start crap with him and he kept his cool.

Personally if I were Eric Crouch I would give the guy my Heisman. If Tommy wouldn't have gotten robbed of that award the rest of the world wouldn't have made such a big deal about Crouch when he was up for it. That guy wasn't half the player or leader TF was. I still believe he got the award only because many voters felt TF got robbed.

I agree that TF got robbed of a Heisman trophy. Can you also agree that the running backs, O-line and defense that Crouch had on his teams were slightly inferior to the ones that TF had? If it wasn't for the RB's constant fumbles in 1999, Crouch would have had a NC and would have been held in the same regard on here as TF and SF.

Tommie has mellowed in his old age. So has Frost. There's a hell of a lot of ego involved with a lot of star athletes, and Husker players aren't immune. When Frost first came to Nebraska he strutted around like he owned the place. Ego a mile wide. But ten years later after he moved down the street from me, he was very friendly, personable, willing to shoot the breeze all the time.

It's funny how people tend to mature as they get older.

Frazier was really cocky around campus too as were a lot of Husker players in the 90-94 era.

Tommie has mellowed in his old age. So has Frost. There's a hell of a lot of ego involved with a lot of star athletes, and Husker players aren't immune. When Frost first came to Nebraska he strutted around like he owned the place. Ego a mile wide. But ten years later after he moved down the street from me, he was very friendly, personable, willing to shoot the breeze all the time.

It's funny how people tend to mature as they get older.

Frazier was really cocky around campus too as were a lot of Husker players in the 90-94 era.

No way man. Only Taylor Martinez is cocky and has an attitude.

Personally if I were Eric Crouch I would give the guy my Heisman. If Tommy wouldn't have gotten robbed of that award the rest of the world wouldn't have made such a big deal about Crouch when he was up for it. That guy wasn't half the player or leader TF was. I still believe he got the award only because many voters felt TF got robbed.

For what its worth, Crouch was voted team captian by his team mates, Tommie was not. IMO Phlilips and others getting trouble and all the bad press cost Tommie the Heisman, even then if they had the vote after the bowl games he probably would have won.

For what its worth, Crouch was voted team captian by his team mates, Tommie was not. IMO Phlilips and others getting trouble and all the bad press cost Tommie the Heisman, even then if they had the vote after the bowl games he probably would have won.

I may be a bit of a Crouch homer....but....

If you put Crouch on those teams that Frazier had, the depth, the line, and everything else, I think it would be safe to say the results would be the same. They were both great players, good leaders, although Frazier probably commanded more of his team-mates from stories I've heard.

However, one of the biggest reasons why Crouch won that Heisman, besides the "Politics" of Frazier being robbed and Grossman being a Sophomore....Crouch WAS the Husker offense in 2001. No one else carried his team on his back like Crouch did when he had so little to work with. Dorsey, Grossman, good quarterbacks, but surrounded by a lot of talent. Crouch single-handily carried the 2001 team on his back as far as he could take them. We still had no business being in that title game though, although you could argue being in the title game gave Crouch more momentum to win the Heisman, I think he did as much as he could with as little as there was in the cupboard. This was evidence by the next year of 7-7 and a defense on the decline.

• Fire 1

I've met Tommy several times and he's one of my favorite people. I think like a lot of famous people they get a bad rap when something negative happens. Someone hears he's a dick then eventually it grows into people meeting him and saying he was a dick to them when they've never met him. I've drank at the bars with him right after he graduated. The first time I met him he even purchased a drink for me one night after I had inadvertently become part of a hypnotist show and made a fool of myself. I never once saw him have a bad night. I was even there one night when I guy kept egging him on trying to start crap with him and he kept his cool.

Crouch never had half the team around him Frazier did. Put Crouch behind that 93-95 pipeline with LP and watch the fireworks.

• Fire 1