Met Tommie Frazier today and here's how it went....

Got the call from my sister on Monday that Tommie Frazier was going to be at her work today and asked if I wanted to go....Hellz Ya I want to go is she crazy or what lol. Tommie is actually a down to earth type of guy and I didn't sense any cockiness from his personality and he didn't come off as a jerk. He's actually pretty hilarious. As he was signing my helmet I told him that he got snubbed in the 2011 College Football Hall of Fame like he did with the Heisman and he told me that he wasn't upset that he didn't make the HOF but it was an honor to be on the ballot. I don't think he heard my Heisman comment because he never said anything about not getting the Heisman.

After siging autographs for about 10-15 minutes there were highlights of his rapping abilities the night before the 95' Championship game and of course they showed 'The Run'. After the highlights, Tommie got on the mic and told everybody why he chose Nebraska and how attending several Florida Gator games because I think his older brother played for them and he said that Nebraska fans are by far the best fans in the nation and we are a class act. He brought up Niles Paul and told everybody to be 100% behind every Husker player whether they have a good or bad game because they're only teenagers that still have to attend classes and they don't play football as a full-time job.

He allowed people to ask questions which some were about where he lives and what he thought about our new offense to name a few. He told everybody that he wasn't a big fan of the new offense because we've changed our offense 3 times within the last 2 years and that we should stay consistant in our offense if we want to be successful.

But I did ask him a question and here is what I asked:

Q: Brion Carnes. Will he be the starter come fall camp?

A: No.......but he will be the starter later in the season.

qxuj2v.jpg

Tommie has mellowed in his old age. So has Frost. There's a hell of a lot of ego involved with a lot of star athletes, and Husker players aren't immune. When Frost first came to Nebraska he strutted around like he owned the place. Ego a mile wide. But ten years later after he moved down the street from me, he was very friendly, personable, willing to shoot the breeze all the time.

It's funny how people tend to mature as they get older.

Tommie has mellowed in his old age. So has Frost. There's a hell of a lot of ego involved with a lot of star athletes, and Husker players aren't immune. When Frost first came to Nebraska he strutted around like he owned the place. Ego a mile wide. But ten years later after he moved down the street from me, he was very friendly, personable, willing to shoot the breeze all the time.

It's even funnier how some do the complete opposite

Let's leave Deion Sanders out of this, shall we?

WTF

I knows u aren't talkin' about me, :)

I kinda met Tommy during the #300 weekend. He wouldn't let me get too close to get a picture. Old white guy with all kinds a NU tats IDK sup with that.

Great story and it's just that without pix :)

GBR

WTF

I knows u aren't talkin' about me, :)

I kinda met Tommy during the #300 weekend. He wouldn't let me get too close to get a picture. Old white guy with all kinds a NU tats IDK sup with that.

Great story and it's just that without pix :)

GBR

That ink might be contagious

I don't think he's talking about Deion, pineapple ;)

I don't think he's talking about Deion, pineapple ;)

big_bang_bazinga_sheldon_red_shirt.jpg

I've met Tommy several times and he's one of my favorite people. I think like a lot of famous people they get a bad rap when something negative happens. Someone hears he's a dick then eventually it grows into people meeting him and saying he was a dick to them when they've never met him. I've drank at the bars with him right after he graduated. The first time I met him he even purchased a drink for me one night after I had inadvertently become part of a hypnotist show and made a fool of myself. I never once saw him have a bad night. I was even there one night when I guy kept egging him on trying to start crap with him and he kept his cool.

Personally if I were Eric Crouch I would give the guy my Heisman. If Tommy wouldn't have gotten robbed of that award the rest of the world wouldn't have made such a big deal about Crouch when he was up for it. That guy wasn't half the player or leader TF was. I still believe he got the award only because many voters felt TF got robbed.