Will the 2012 class include a kid from Nebraska?

We're gonna have a small class, so spots are scarce. As of now, we don't have any offers out to any Nebraska kids, do we? I'm just wondering if there will be any in this class. Will we make any in-state offers? I'm thinking we might not have any scholly recruits from in-state this year.

As for my own philosophy, I say we go after the BEST players we can get. No matter where they hail from. But I do like to see a walk-on class chock full of guys from Nebraska. Every year it seems like one or two of those guys makes his way into the starting lineup. (See: Matt O'Hanlon)

Depends on what kind of talent from out of state wants to come. I don't think Shoff is the number one lineman on our board... He's down the list. A ton of potential good speed and size but not proven against solid high ranked competition in football. There's a very good chance Shoff gets a good look and even an offer, but I don't think he's atop coaches boards at NU.

The more I think about it, I'd almost lay money that there will be at least one Nebraska kid in the class. If not, the rank and file NU fans might riot and storm North stadium.

Depends on what kind of talent from out of state wants to come. I don't think Shoff is the number one lineman on our board... He's down the list. A ton of potential good speed and size but not proven against solid high ranked competition in football. There's a very good chance Shoff gets a good look and even an offer, but I don't think he's atop coaches boards at NU.

i think that's why he's being made to wait until camp, so they can see what he looks like against good talent.

i think that's why he's being made to wait until camp, so they can see what he looks like against good talent.

Mike will be in this class. It isn't so much about how he looks against "good" competition, but more about how he has recovered from knee reconstruction. He will stack up just fine against others. He did so as a sophomore when he caught the coaches eyes at camp. The kid is very quick and agile on his feet. Watch the kid wrestle at state next year if you don't believe that. Shoff has the strength and speed(the kid runs the 100 and 200 in track as a 270 pounder for cripes sake) the staff wants.

• Fire 1

Mike will be in this class. It isn't so much about how he looks against "good" competition, but more about how he has recovered from knee reconstruction. He will stack up just fine against others. He did so as a sophomore when he caught the coaches eyes at camp. The kid is very quick and agile on his feet. Watch the kid wrestle at state next year if you don't believe that. Shoff has the strength and speed(the kid runs the 100 and 200 in track as a 270 pounder for cripes sake) the staff wants.

You are spot on in your analysis. Schoff is the only one that I think we will nab from Nebraska.

You are spot on in your analysis. Schoff is the only one that I think we will nab from Nebraska.

Question is: will Shoff be an OL or a DT? Right now I think we could use him on OL more than at DT.

Question is: will Shoff be an OL or a DT? Right now I think we could use him on OL more than at DT.

I think they told him the plan was for him to start off on the OL.

I can see a greyshirt again going to an in-state kid, like Sutton and Marsh the last two years. I'm sure it wil depend on someone's senior season and performance at camp. I'm wondering if Sam Cotton will get a schollie. Sure would be nice to have pops just pay his way. Swallow some pride.

i would imagine we'll end up offering sam. i'm also guessing we'll see the usual outrage over offering an in-state kid with little hype, and i'm further guessing the coaches will end up being right again, as they were with jake (who looks like he will either start or be a top back-up as a redshirt frosh). a grayshirt wouldn't seem to be completely out of the question due to limited numbers, but that may depend on what position he's recruited for. we need to get some TEs on campus sooner than later, so if he's one of them, i expect he'll get the immediate offer. if we're looking at him more as a DE, i could see us having him wait a semester.