Recruiting affected by Tressel's resignation?

Who OSU is able to secure as the next head coach answers that question big time in my eyes. If someone like Urban Meyer steps in ... well, it just might take a dramatic uptick as well.

I can see a few of the more "shady" programs twisting the current situation into something to their advantage on the recruiting trail. Thankfully, we won't see our Huskers and Bo using that as an advantage.

I'm with others, I believe McMullen now took a bump upwards 5-10% towards our direction.

SheepdogMark

The only recruiting to be hurt will be at OSU. Top recruits now have to think they may not be eligible for conference championships and bowl games in the future. Same goes for any big name coaches...you really think Urban, Bo, Gruden, Dantonio, etc. would take the OSU job before it is is known what the sanctions and scholarship restrictions are going to be? Not happening...Fickell is the coach for all of next year...at least, if not more.

Have now talked to 8 or 9 kids with Ohio State offers, and many are done with OSU because of today's news.

LINK

Cincinnati Taft Under Armour All-American wide receiver Dwayne Stanford was surprised and saddened by the resignation of Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel, but it doesn't mean he's crossing the Buckeyes off his list.

Continue Reading

Who OSU is able to secure as the next head coach answers that question big time in my eyes. If someone like Urban Meyer steps in ... well, it just might take a dramatic uptick as well.

I can see a few of the more "shady" programs twisting the current situation into something to their advantage on the recruiting trail. Thankfully, we won't see our Huskers and Bo using that as an advantage.

I'm with others, I believe McMullen now took a bump upwards 5-10% towards our direction.

SheepdogMark

Actually, I'd have no problem with us using this situation to our advantage. They made their bed.

• Fire 1

Will recruiting be affected by Tressel's resignation on recruits speculation that Bo could bolt for tOSU? I think it may have some impact until someone is selected but how much I don't know. What say you?

All I know is I'd love to be a fly on the wall in every kid's living room that Bo visits this recruiting cycle. An informed recruit who closely follows the latest CFB news will want to ask him about the media speculation surrounding the OSU coaching job. That could turn away some recruits if they sense something from him otherwise.

Hypothetically speaking, say Bo tells a recruit he's staying in Lincoln, then changes his mind at the last minute to take the OSU job, the chances are high that whoever has committed at that point would likely decommit. I'm guessing OSU will want to know who their new coach is sometime by early January at the latest in order to salvage whatever is left of their own recruiting class before LOI day in February.

Bo better get used to "Will you be coaching at OSU next year?" questions from recruits for the next 9 months. I have a feeling he'll be hearing that a lot.

Personally, I can't see Bo leaving for OSU come 2012. I have a feeling once the NCAA hands down it's final sentencing, and I expect it to be pretty harsh, it'll look less attractive to some of those coaches whose names are being thrown around in the media at the moment. But I've been wrong before, soooo... :dunno

Will recruiting be affected by Tressel's resignation on recruits speculation that Bo could bolt for tOSU? I think it may have some impact until someone is selected but how much I don't know. What say you?

All I know is I'd love to be a fly on the wall in every kid's living room that Bo visits this recruiting cycle. An informed recruit who closely follows the latest CFB news will want to ask him about the media speculation surrounding the OSU coaching job. That could turn away some recruits if they sense something from him otherwise.

Hypothetically speaking, say Bo tells a recruit he's staying in Lincoln, then changes his mind at the last minute to take the OSU job, the chances are high that whoever has committed at that point would likely decommit. I'm guessing OSU will want to know who their new coach is sometime by early January at the latest in order to salvage whatever is left of their own recruiting class before LOI day in February.

Bo better get used to "Will you be coaching at OSU next year?" questions from recruits for the next 9 months. I have a feeling he'll be hearing that a lot.

Personally, I can't see Bo leaving for OSU come 2012. I have a feeling once the NCAA hands down it's final sentencing, and I expect it to be pretty harsh, it'll look less attractive to some of those coaches whose names are being thrown around in the media at the moment. But I've been wrong before, soooo... :dunno

Thinking along the same lines. If Bo doesn't give a recruit an answer that, gives kid the feeling that coach will be at the school till I graduate, it could hinder recruiting. This is a double edge sword. Some see it as a good thing for Nebraska recruiting, but it may just cause some doubt in recruits, unless Bo can tell them what they want to here. Not only for Ohio ST recruits that are having second thoughts, but for the kids we have been recruiting before Tressel's stepping down. Time will tell but I thought Bo would be here for a long time. The only way I could see him maybe leaving, would be if the job at OSU opened up. Thought that would be way down the line.......

GBR!!!