Begin the Erstad Era

One interesting tidbit - Erstad said one of the first people he called was Mike Anderson, who was very supportive. Anderson offered his support and help in getting going.

Anderson is a stand-up guy. Results on the field may not have been there, but I've never heard anything that makes me think Mike Anderson isn't a heck of a man. I've met him several times, and each time I was struck by how down-to-earth and genuine he seemed.

Bubba will be contacted and Erstad will stay in touch, but he'll be treated like any other recruit.

You've never heard any of the stories about him having loud cuss-word filled arguments in public places near children before, I take it?

Nope. Never. Care to explain? Where, when, about what, etc?

DE + Will Bolt + Stud Pitching Coach = Wins!

Don't care what the speculation is. Facts are Facts. DE has been a winner at every level and in every organization. Will Bolt's profile will show the "EXACT" same success. (Winning at every level) The missing piece in my opinion isn't necessarily a stud recruiter but rather a stud pitching coach and for those that know how small the minor league baseball contracts are then one can easily assume that DE will not only be contacting several minor league coaches but also likely has been given financial room to entice said coach.

Lastly, someone above commented about DE's press conference and how Pelini like DE appeared. I'll admit, I too noticed it. Listening to him made me want to put on the glove and start working out. There was definitely passion in his presser answers and I for one can hardly wait for the 2012 season to begin. Bring on the rivals!! I know the sker's will be ready!

GBR!!!

I think if we can get Bolt that makes this hire much better because you can count on a guy like Bolt to carry his weight and I think the two would make a good combo. I know there were some tweets he was headed this way. I've also heard its not a done deal but likely. Sounds like a family draw in Texas, he's still got his current gig and there may be another opportunity he needs to feel out first. But most everyone thinks its a far greater chance of him being here than not. I guess we'll wait for the official announcement.

• 1 year later...

Interesting to recall the hubbub when DE was hired.

A little tidbit to consider: Anderson was making $330,000 and DE worked for less than HALF of that at $160,000 last year and will make $163,200 this year.

Also, he said today in the Lincoln Journal "I'm happy to be in the position to coach baseball and get paid" (emphasis mine)

In today's world of constantly escalating salaries, this is a great breath of fresh air........

• 3 weeks later...

Problem may be brewing here. As most know the Angels are choking away a season and the fans want socissa gone.

Rumors are circling and the fans keep mentioning erstad name in there discussions on who they prefer to manage the angels, if they fire socissa

Question is, you thing erstad would quit to manage the Angels or stay in Lincoln ???

Problem may be brewing here. As most know the Angels are choking away a season and the fans want socissa gone.

Rumors are circling and the fans keep mentioning erstad name in there discussions on who they prefer to manage the angels, if they fire socissa

Question is, you thing erstad would quit to manage the Angels or stay in Lincoln ???

Be careful what you wish for! They have one of the best and most well respected managers in the league.

Be careful what you wish for! They have one of the best and most well respected managers in the league.

Lol I'm no angel fan. Go rangers. I just happen to walk unit a convo and these guys where talking bout erstad would make a great manager.

Yes I Ido believe socissa will be gone after this season. You don't spend 150 mil this seaon to finish 3rd.

My guess is that Erstad would have no interest in the pros because your on the road a lot more than college. Huge demand on time. I think he's enjoying what he is doing. I like the idea that Bolt would take his spot if he ever left. Would like to get Sawyers to backfill as I think he's a good judge of talent.

Seems to be a big stretch IMO even for a rumor.

Hey if they ever post the fall ball schedule. It would be appreciated if it was posted here! Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...