More Proof We're Better Off in the B1G...

I think we should all make a concerted effort to identify intentionally distorted and skewed garbage like this and post the site with a warning NOT to read it. Why the hell would we want to bump up their site traffic?

I wouldn't give a wooden nickel for all of the opinions in Texas about what happened concerning our departure. I'm just happy to be in the Big 10, period. I don't care about anything else....especially the perception in Texas. In fact, go ahead and actively despise and deride us! All we'll have for you in return is utter indifference...

Just to be honest, i don't know why NU fans are up in arms over this. I'm pretty sure that everything stated in the article is acurate. TO hated the idea of the big 12, he had the foresight to know that Texas was gonna run everything. Texas and OU were crap teams when the big 12 was formed. They were leftover SWC teams. The big 8 let them into our conference, then they took over. TO hates Texas's guts, thats no secrect, he was the only head coach at the time to vote against the Big 12 formation.

I think you're oblivious to the subtext of the article. It's filled with underhanded slaps at Nebraska and Tom Osborne. Nobody is arguing that Oz was a fan of the Big-12, but the article makes outrageous suppositions about Oz's "ego" causing a personal vendetta that resulted in Nebraska leaving the conference.

The article is an attack on Tom Osborne disguised as a summation of Nebraska's legacy in the Big-12. There's a reason no author's name is attached to it. There's nothing wrong with people calling this article trash, because that's exactly what it is.

• Fire 4

Not to mention that they called Dr. Tom inept as a AD, in so many words.

Frankly, I think Dr. Tom has been anything but inept since he became AD. I just hope there's a plan of succession in place so we don't have to go through another half-decade of Pedeyshine again.

• Fire 1

Wait so...? TO always hated the Big 12 and so that's why Missouri whored itself to the Big 10, CU finally made it to the Pac 10 after years of looking West, and Texas was flirting with the (insert a conference/independency here)?

Dagnabbit, Tom! couldn't you have just put your Big 12 hatred aside and waited until after the conference sank before you (and only you, not Harvey) went looking around for a lifeboat?

F#%& 'em.

• Fire 2