More Proof We're Better Off in the B1G...

I didn't really think it was too far off-base. A few of the points were speculative or silly, but overall it seemed a pretty spot on guess to me.

Funny how they failed to consider the move being a reaction to Missouri very actively trying to leave for the Big 10, and Texas and it's posse making noises to go to the Pac 10 or SEC. Nope, it was all Osborne, the poor, angry loser. It's just baffling why he didn't have us leave the Big 8 when OU was beating up on us in his early years.

People always seem to forget this. Nebraska was purely looking out for it's own interests after Missouri whored themselves to the Big 10 and the Big 10 didn't want them. And with Oklahoma and Texas sending signals of a conference change, what should Nebraska do? Put on a blindfold, jump out of the plane and hope they land somewhere safe?

Nebraska made the first move, but they didn't start the issue.

• Fire 2

Just read an ESPN article about how the Big 12 is now going to equally share 76% instead of the 53% that was shared while we were there. Gotta make sure aTm gets that 20 mil they were promised, and some of the little guys feel a little better now. Envious of the B1G now, I can see.

Just read an ESPN article about how the Big 12 is now going to equally share 76% instead of the 53% that was shared while we were there. Gotta make sure aTm gets that 20 mil they were promised, and some of the little guys feel a little better now. Envious of the B1G now, I can see.

Makes me wonder if they did that to keep A&M from jumping ship and heading east...

Just to be honest, i don't know why NU fans are up in arms over this. I'm pretty sure that everything stated in the article is acurate. TO hated the idea of the big 12, he had the foresight to know that Texas was gonna run everything. Texas and OU were crap teams when the big 12 was formed. They were leftover SWC teams. The big 8 let them into our conference, then they took over. TO hates Texas's guts, thats no secrect, he was the only head coach at the time to vote against the Big 12 formation.

Just to be honest, i don't know why NU fans are up in arms over this. I'm pretty sure that everything stated in the article is acurate. TO hated the idea of the big 12, he had the foresight to know that Texas was gonna run everything. Texas and OU were crap teams when the big 12 was formed. They were leftover SWC teams. The big 8 let them into our conference, then they took over. TO hates Texas's guts, thats no secrect, he was the only head coach at the time to vote against the Big 12 formation.

Im an OSU guy, but wasn't OU part of the Big 8; not a left over team from the SWC?

I obviously could be way off base but I thought Oklahoma was part of the Big 8 and that's why Nebraska had such a big rivalry with them that got ripped away when the Big 12 formed.

• Fire 1

The Big XII is butt hurt over loosing us to the Big1G, because Beebe and his ass grabbing cronies essentially wanted a "Longhorn-centric" conference. But everyone remaining in the Big XII, except the invisible man, aka Colorado, were up in arms about us leaving, saying it was a money grab, when now that we're gone they have to split up the money differntly.

Would the "Longhorn Network" still have happened if Nebraska hadn't left the Big XII. I'd have to say yes.

And they'll be losing more money in the near future because they won't have a CCG to be sponsored by Dr. Pepper and televised on ABC.

• Fire 1

The Big XII is butt hurt over loosing us to the Big1G, because Beebe and his ass grabbing cronies essentially wanted a "Longhorn-centric" conference. But everyone remaining in the Big XII, except the invisible man, aka Colorado, were up in arms about us leaving, saying it was a money grab, when now that we're gone they have to split up the money differntly.

Would the "Longhorn Network" still have happened if Nebraska hadn't left the Big XII. I'd have to say yes.

And they'll be losing more money in the near future because they won't have a CCG to be sponsored by Dr. Pepper and televised on ABC.

Please don't tell me our CCG is going to be sponsored by Dr. Pepper?

Im an OSU guy, but wasn't OU part of the Big 8; not a left over team from the SWC?

I obviously could be way off base but I thought Oklahoma was part of the Big 8 and that's why Nebraska had such a big rivalry with them that got ripped away when the Big 12 formed.

Yes they were in the Big 8, I think he was talking about the Texas schools.

Please don't tell me our CCG is going to be sponsored by Dr. Pepper?

I don't really care who sponsors it, as long as my team is in it...

I was wondering when someone was going to say it like it was and is. {OKL was a Big 8 member} TO never wanted the Big 12. Was never comfortable in it, and I don't blame him for wanting out. In a much better conf for the future of the University now. I Will miss playing Okl.

:bigredn:

GBR!!!

The Big XII is butt hurt over loosing us to the Big1G, because Beebe and his ass grabbing cronies essentially wanted a "Longhorn-centric" conference...

If the Big XII truly wanted a conference title game, they could petition the NCAA for an exemption to the 12-team rule and likely get it. Money isn't the issue here--getting cheap and easy NCs are.

The fact that they haven't speaks volumes to how they want the Big XII to be in the years to come--an easy national championship coronation process for either Texas or Oklahoma.

---

As for Big XII articles and revisionist history, remember that the Big XII offices employed one of the biggest 'Husker haters from the Ft. Worth Star-Telegram in Wendell Barnhouse to cover the entirety of the conference for their own website. This piece smacks of something he would write, and IIRC, his work has been posted at Fox Sports SW in the past.

Based off of the venom Wendell slung towards Nebraska in the past and his own attempts to be exclusionary (pre-exodus) towards Nebraska coverage on his Big XII blog, I wouldn't urinate on him even if he was on fire.

• Fire 1